These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Just a reminder for the VR memorial...

First post
Author
Katie Corb
Corb's Emporium of Catgirls and Cynosural Fields
#21 - 2013-09-13 04:41:06 UTC
Well, I was going to write a detailed post on how to simulate R76983's death but I'm not sure how you re-enact heart failure at a young age in EVE.

Ideas?

:darkelf:

Katie Corb
Corb's Emporium of Catgirls and Cynosural Fields
#22 - 2013-09-13 04:41:56 UTC
If only you could neut yourself 'till you explode.

:darkelf:

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-09-13 04:43:45 UTC
I'd be mad too if my alliance could no longer reimburse my ship losses. Or hold on to FCs and JF pilots without them bolting and stealing everything not screwed down on their way out.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Tuggboat
Oneida Inc.
#24 - 2013-09-13 04:45:09 UTC
Never Forget
Needmore Longcat
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#25 - 2013-09-13 04:45:36 UTC
Rhes wrote:
I'd be mad too if my alliance could no longer reimburse my ship losses. Or hold on to FCs and JF pilots without them bolting and stealing everything not screwed down on their way out.

Someone stole the screws as well.
Alavaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2013-09-13 04:45:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria
Rhes wrote:

It happens....

It's like we took them out back but they ran away so we shot them anyway and now they're limping about half-dead with a bunch of very hungry carnivores....

Loyalty is a virtue, participation brings reward.

Chive Clamson
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2013-09-13 05:09:19 UTC
I don't think I've ever made fun of any dead guys personally but I guess I'm a hypocrite by association?? how does this work exactly

also I must say this is perhaps the most mature possible response to getting your **** kicked in in a vidgame

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#28 - 2013-09-13 05:23:57 UTC
Chive Clamson wrote:
I don't think I've ever made fun of any dead guys personally but I guess I'm a hypocrite by association??

You are a Goon.

Now go back and look at all the hilariously funny pranks that Goons have been running including outrageous wannabe religious zealots pretending to be holy warriors while of course only having a bit of fun.

Then you might understand why people can both respect and honour someone who's lost his life in service of his nation and feel a bit off by the company.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Alavaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2013-09-13 05:25:16 UTC
Lors Dornick wrote:
Chive Clamson wrote:
I don't think I've ever made fun of any dead guys personally but I guess I'm a hypocrite by association??

You are a Goon.

Now go back and look at all the hilariously funny pranks that Goons have been running including outrageous wannabe religious zealots pretending to be holy warriors while of course only having a bit of fun.

Then you might understand why people can both respect and honour someone who's lost his life in service of his nation and feel a bit off by the company.

Yeah I'm a goon as well. And let me tell you, like it says on the site:

Once you have the corp tag you're a total bastard, *******, scammer, griefer, should-be-banned and so on and so forth. Go out and have fun in eve online !

Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#30 - 2013-09-13 05:27:09 UTC
Ayures wrote:
There was a guy in BoB, whose name escapes me, who was hit by a truck and killed.

Some goons set up a couple alts in Jita. One had the RL name of the guy who was killed. The other was named "truck."
Truck repeatedly rammed into the other alt for quite a while. IIRC, goons in general made a lot of offensive comments toward BoB using the guy's death, but I can't remember anything specific.
Oh, and let's not forget the guy who was harassed and encouraged to kill himself that mittens mentioned a couple fanfests ago.

Feel free to name your ships/fleets Al'Qaeda during that thunderdome this weekend in true goon spirit. Personally, I thought the guy was ok so I wont be, but go ahead.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW what a terrible thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself and so should TEST Alliance. Evil
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#31 - 2013-09-13 05:30:16 UTC
Alavaria wrote:
Lors Dornick wrote:
Chive Clamson wrote:

You are a Goon.

Once you have the corp tag you're a total bastard, *******, scammer, griefer, should-be-banned and so on and so forth. Go out and have fun in eve online !

So you understand why "Remember Vile Rat" can trigger dual feelings in people?

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Ayures
Perkone
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-09-13 05:33:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayures
Alavaria wrote:

Most goon line members are chill bros. I had some fun in Deklein, Fountain, etc back when we were with goons. There are quite a few sociopathic aspies, too, though.

Leigh Akiga wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW what a terrible thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself and so should TEST Alliance. Evil

No worries. We're going in on the memorial light and joining in on the thunderdome. VR was cool.
Clean Head
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2013-09-13 05:34:57 UTC
Why would you even want to mix RL with the game....? Peckers died, the end... Leave it at that! Time to play some EVE.... If you wanna commemorate them in any way, do it out of game. I hear a pub crawl is a healthy way to remember someone..
Alavaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2013-09-13 05:34:57 UTC
I just wanted to remind everyone that though we really love him a lot, dabigredboat is not technically "a goon".

I think...

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#35 - 2013-09-13 06:30:02 UTC
hahaha look at these idiots unable to distinguish between individuals if they're both wearing the same shirt
Chive Clamson
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-09-13 06:48:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Chive Clamson
Lors Dornick wrote:
Chive Clamson wrote:

You are a Goon.

what does this have to do with what you quoted there, are you trying to say that I actually am a hypocrite by proxy because I am chive clamson, agent of GOON

fyi I said that as a joke due to it being self-evidently dumb as ****
Matokin Lemant
#37 - 2013-09-13 08:02:52 UTC
Ayures wrote:
There was a guy in BoB, whose name escapes me, who was hit by a truck and killed.

Some goons set up a couple alts in Jita. One had the RL name of the guy who was killed. The other was named "truck."
Truck repeatedly rammed into the other alt for quite a while. IIRC, goons in general made a lot of offensive comments toward BoB using the guy's death, but I can't remember anything specific.
Oh, and let's not forget the guy who was harassed and encouraged to kill himself that mittens mentioned a couple fanfests ago.

Feel free to name your ships/fleets Al'Qaeda during that thunderdome this weekend in true goon spirit. Personally, I thought the guy was ok so I wont be, but go ahead.

If this is actually true then goons are even a bigger bunch of ass holes then I ever thought they were. If someone in TEST treated the death of vile rat in such a manner the community would be up in arms over/about it. This is/was despicable behavior for anyone I don't care who it is.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#38 - 2013-09-13 08:34:36 UTC
Selling high quality tinfoil hats at a special, reduced price.
Buy one, get one free.
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#39 - 2013-09-13 09:12:53 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
hahaha look at these idiots unable to distinguish between individuals if they're both wearing the same shirt

Just make sure the shirt isn't red.
Statistically that doesn't bode very well for your odds of survival.
Grevy Kiosk
Doomheim
#40 - 2013-09-13 09:15:26 UTC
Ayures wrote:

dont say anything about vile rate cause thats is horrible , only goons are allowed to **** sombody when he is dead.
Previous page123Next page