These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ganking too easy?

Author
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#81 - 2013-09-12 05:56:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Barzai Mekhar
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:

A Diagnosis is a formal Medical Legal Document signed by a physician after a physical examination and history. I am perfectly free to offer an opinion of an anonymous statement posted on the internet based on it's similarity to known and characterized personality disorders.

Just because you can doesn't make it good style or productive to trying to have an argument. The entire sociopath discussion could have been avoided in favor of more on topic discussion of the issue. And while we're at ad-hominem, I'm free to offer the opinion that you are a douche.

Leto Thule wrote:

The one thing I am not understanding is how they expect the kill rights to help out with this. As many have pointed out, most gankers have a negative sec status to the point of being able to be shot at by ANYONE. I understand, the point of the post is the desire to get even. You dont need killrights to do that... but your also not likely to see these gankers flying ANYTHING other than ships they already plan on losing! Order pilots lose their dessies EVERY TIME they undock! They know this ahead of time!

Not every ganker is flashy red or an order pilot. As spine ripper explained so nicely, falling prey to a flashing red ganker is frequently akin to being nominated to a darwin award. Killrights could be a tool to help dealing with more sneaky non-flashy gankers.

In favor of returning to a civil discussion - and while people from the other side of the fence that are willing to have a civil discussion are around - I'd like to restate my opinion on concord response times and the fast pace of ganking and ask for feedback from people who have been on the ganking side of things.

Quote:
2. Ganks happen to fast; Concord responds to fast
In the current situation, concord responds rapidly in highsec. While this might seem to be positive for the attacked party, I believe it enforces a gamedesign that is actually detrimental to the defender. Due to concord response times, any gank has to happen extremely fast, in a 5-10 second window. This makes it difficult to field any active defensive measures against a gank.

If the numbers were changed in a way that caused a gank to take longer, and concord response time slowed down accordingly, little would change for the unprotected weak gank target; they'd still die, only now they'd have more time to see their lives passing in front of their eyes Blink However, it would allow for a defensive unit stationed on grid to stop the gank in progress. This would in turn allow for interesting opportunities for "emergent gameplay", e.g. mercenaries might offer to protect highly frequented belts "for a fee", and mining corps might be encouraged to recruit a security devision into their corporate structure.

Though I'm kinda starting to get the impression that people would even be to lazy to hire/pay a few newbie mercs to defend their belts...

Edit:
I'm especially interested in the ability of rather new players to defend a belt against gankers, as it seems unlikely that experience pvp'ers would be interested in a mission that is 95% guard duty. New players on the other hand might be more interested, as a payment above l1/2 security missions and potential boons such as ship replacement might be attractive enough to them.
Aldus Dumbledore
The Covenant of Blood
#82 - 2013-09-12 06:24:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldus Dumbledore
What some people call being a douche (lol) others consider responding in kind. :)

The only defense (other than better piloting by the ganked) is for a ship to be right there on station and as Spine Ripper posted the only way to stop them is to jam them. Then, Concord will kill them before the point falls off.

You have to be there, get them targeted before they attack, and when they do, get a jam off before their next volley lands.Otherwise the target dies before the attacking ship can be downed.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#83 - 2013-09-12 08:28:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
This is how sociopaths commonly view things. "It's their fault people worked hard for something. I just steal stuff because I can."

At which Ivy League university did you receive your psychology degree?

Actually it is my Medical Degree that was granted to me by the University of California. Do you have any more questions?

As the holder of a medical degree you should know that Sociopath is a term that is no longer used, it's now called Antisocial Personality Disorder.

I'm a layman and I know that Shocked

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Princess Bride
SharkNado
#84 - 2013-09-12 13:30:00 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

As the holder of a medical degree you should know that Sociopath is a term that is no longer used, it's now called Antisocial Personality Disorder.

Even if his claim to a MD is true, that does not necessarily qualify him to make definitive statements about psychiatry. The very basic data he learned could be outdated (as you inferred) especially since the field of psychiatry is constantly evolving. His input could be as valuable as advice from a divorce attorney who passed the bar in 1967 concerning international communication law post-Snowden.

http://eveprincessbride.wordpress.com/

Aldus Dumbledore
The Covenant of Blood
#85 - 2013-09-12 14:34:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldus Dumbledore
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
This is how sociopaths commonly view things. "It's their fault people worked hard for something. I just steal stuff because I can."

At which Ivy League university did you receive your psychology degree?

Actually it is my Medical Degree that was granted to me by the University of California. Do you have any more questions?

I apologize for using what has become a layman's term when addressing a layman.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#86 - 2013-09-12 15:09:52 UTC
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
CCP has been dealing with ganking for over a decade by now. I daresay the current balance is pretty well defined and refined.

/Thread.

Sorry dude, not your call.

We can give CCP the benefit of the doubt and assume they keep a close eye on this...or is it that the victims have no recourse and risk harassment for posting in the forums about it so keep quiet and instead have a choice to:

1. Let other players leech off of their effort and pay extortion fees.

2. Abandon their current game play even though it has the most minimal economic impact on others (ie missioning) and relocate (not likely to be a solution).

3. Or completely alter their game play as if you can't beat them, join them?

Regardless, the question remains: Why have Kill Rights if they accomplish virtually *nothing* as far as deterring ganking and rewarding the victims?
And your games design credentials are... What?

I see that you make a (frankly, rather dubious) claim to have a medical degree. That makes you a games design expert, how?
CCP decade+ experience > your unsubstantiated claims.

What are your credentials to question me?

See how easy that is?

Doctors play games like everyone else. I am free to offer my opinion and discuss game mechanics like everyone else permitted to post on these forums.

Take it or leave it, means nothing to me.

Ah, but see where you throw the red herring? I don't make a claim of expertise. You do. Therfore the onus is upon you, and you failed.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#87 - 2013-09-12 15:18:11 UTC
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:

What I said is an open statement: "This is what sociopaths sound like..." and offered a similar statement that was a paraphrase of the post. That is not remotely a formal diagnosis of a human being.

Your statement, when coupled to an assertion of medical training, comes rather suspiciously close to an assertion of authoritative opinion.

I *do* know actual medical professionals, whom post on the internet. Invariably, they are extremely careful to couch their statements in terms that avoid even the impression of making an authoritative statement unless they are actually making such a statement. Even when annoyed or frustrated. I appreaciate their care and professionalism
You? Not so impressive.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Aldus Dumbledore
The Covenant of Blood
#88 - 2013-09-12 15:27:27 UTC
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:
CCP has been dealing with ganking for over a decade by now. I daresay the current balance is pretty well defined and refined.

/Thread.

Sorry dude, not your call.

We can give CCP the benefit of the doubt and assume they keep a close eye on this...or is it that the victims have no recourse and risk harassment for posting in the forums about it so keep quiet and instead have a choice to:

1. Let other players leech off of their effort and pay extortion fees.

2. Abandon their current game play even though it has the most minimal economic impact on others (ie missioning) and relocate (not likely to be a solution).

3. Or completely alter their game play as if you can't beat them, join them?

Regardless, the question remains: Why have Kill Rights if they accomplish virtually *nothing* as far as deterring ganking and rewarding the victims?
And your games design credentials are... What?

I see that you make a (frankly, rather dubious) claim to have a medical degree. That makes you a games design expert, how?
CCP decade+ experience > your unsubstantiated claims.

What are your credentials to question me?

See how easy that is?

Doctors play games like everyone else. I am free to offer my opinion and discuss game mechanics like everyone else permitted to post on these forums.

Take it or leave it, means nothing to me.

Ah, but see where you throw the red herring? I don't make a claim of expertise. You do. Therfore the onus is upon you, and you failed.

Nowhere is there a claim of games design expertise only is there a claim to have the same right to post a discussion of game mechanics as any other holder of a valid pilot's license.
Aldus Dumbledore
The Covenant of Blood
#89 - 2013-09-12 15:34:36 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:

What I said is an open statement: "This is what sociopaths sound like..." and offered a similar statement that was a paraphrase of the post. That is not remotely a formal diagnosis of a human being.

Your statement, when coupled to an assertion of medical training, comes rather suspiciously close to an assertion of authoritative opinion.

I *do* know actual medical professionals, whom post on the internet. Invariably, they are extremely careful to couch their statements in terms that avoid even the impression of making an authoritative statement unless they are actually making such a statement. Even when annoyed or frustrated. I appreaciate their care and professionalism
You? Not so impressive.

I think if you reread my post you will grasp that just such care was taken.

Aldus Dumbledore
The Covenant of Blood
#90 - 2013-09-12 15:37:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldus Dumbledore
oops another duplicate.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#91 - 2013-09-12 16:05:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Plastic Psycho
Barzai Mekhar wrote:

In favor of returning to a civil discussion - and while people from the other side of the fence that are willing to have a civil discussion are around - I'd like to restate my opinion on concord response times and the fast pace of ganking and ask for feedback from people who have been on the ganking side of things.

Ganker here.
Ganks are fast because Concord is fast. Concord response time is dialed-in in correspondance with System Security Ranking - Higher security, the cops show up faster. It's a no-brain association, and the higher security is, the harder it becomes to gank. This mirrors real life rather exactly. That said, if someone (me) is determined to commit a crime, it becomes very hard to prevent it. The harder it is to commit a gank, the more violence and speed I'm going to bring to make it happen - Up to and including inviting friends along.

Now, I also have a pseudo-carebear mining alt who regularly mines in 0.5 systems, alone. He hasn't been successfully ganked in over a year (last hit: March 2012). I fly about in lots of places in Empire Space, and frankly, Ganking is a rather rare activity. Sure, in terms of events, it's happening all the time, but in terms of events per player, it's rare - unless the player is taking risks. And by taking risks, I mean mining in The New Order's Area of Operations, or flying bling-y ships in area with high ganker activity, or deliberately baiting known Gankers, or in a number of other ways advertising that they're clueless and/or incompetent. Gankers are preditors. And like any good preditor, it's all about risk/reward. Show us you're an easy kill, and we'll take you up on that.

I'll again assert that CCP knows what they're doing. They've been doing this for over a decade, and have had all the input they could ever need on ganking, risks, timeings, and all other manner of related events.

Quote:
Quote:
In the current situation, concord responds rapidly in highsec. While this might seem to be positive for the attacked party, I believe it enforces a gamedesign that is actually detrimental to the defender. Due to concord response times, any gank has to happen extremely fast, in a 5-10 second window. This makes it difficult to field any active defensive measures against a gank.

This is unmitigated Bullshit. Ganking is fast because it needs to be, but if there were an option for slow-ganking, it would be used, and the reuslts would be the same. In fact, slow ganking DOES happen - in Low- and Nul-Sec. All slow ganking means is that the victim wriggles on the hook longer, and often gets killed by ships of humiliatingly low capability. I don't see that as an improvement.

Meanwhile, in Hi-Sec, all a victim needs to do is be able to tank for as much as 17 seconds or less, depending. That's not a particularly large challenge, in most situations. Sure, a large enough gank-gang is going to smoke your max-tanked Orca, but nothing was *ever* going to prevent that, and max DPS gank-gangs are relatively rare.

Making ganks take longer is 1) nightmarishly hard, considering the way the game works - you'd break the hell out of a lot of stuff to get your non-existant safety, and 2) will only cause gankers (me) to bring increased violence (and numbers) to offset the changes. In the end, you've gone to all that effort for exactly zero gain.

Quote:
Edit:
I'm especially interested in the ability of rather new players to defend a belt against gankers, as it seems unlikely that experience pvp'ers would be interested in a mission that is 95% guard duty. New players on the other hand might be more interested, as a payment above l1/2 security missions and potential boons such as ship replacement might be attractive enough to them.
Active Gank Defense is highly unlikely to work. It's technically possible, but practically unfeasible. At best, the guards would be reacting to ganks-in-progress, which automatically puts them behind the curve. At worst, it'll only add entertaining new targets to the menu of victims.

Passive Gank Defense is not only feasible, but practical and easy. Don't fly dumb. Don't fly untanked unless you can afford the loss. Don't get greedy in known dangerous areas. Use the Star Map to determine where the dangerous areas are. Check Local. Use D-Scan. Orbit at range (keeps the speed up) and know where your safespots are - always know which one is closest to to your nose at any moment. Be prepared to abandon your drones (if any).
Situational Awareness is your best possible tank.
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#92 - 2013-09-12 16:53:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Barzai Mekhar
Plastic Psycho wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

This is unmitigated Bullshit. Ganking is fast because it needs to be, but if there were an option for slow-ganking, it would be used, and the reuslts would be the same. In fact, slow ganking DOES happen - in Low- and Nul-Sec. All slow ganking means is that the victim wriggles on the hook longer, and often gets killed by ships of humiliatingly low capability. I don't see that as an improvement.

Meanwhile, in Hi-Sec, all a victim needs to do is be able to tank for as much as 17 seconds or less, depending. That's not a particularly large challenge, in most situations. Sure, a large enough gank-gang is going to smoke your max-tanked Orca, but nothing was *ever* going to prevent that, and max DPS gank-gangs are relatively rare.

Making ganks take longer is 1) nightmarishly hard, considering the way the game works - you'd break the hell out of a lot of stuff to get your non-existant safety, and 2) will only cause gankers (me) to bring increased violence (and numbers) to offset the changes. In the end, you've gone to all that effort for exactly zero gain.

I'm not quite sure how this is bullshit, as it seems to tie into the rest of your post. I'm saying that due to high concord response time ganking both has to be done fast and has to be possible quickly (by gamedesign) to allow highsec ganking as a valid career choice.

I'm not asking for higher security - I'm asking whether you'd see a tradeoff where the average time required for a gank was increased (e.g. by more tank, decreased gank - I'm not an expert on the question of how this could be achieved best, and I'm smart enough to admit that I only have a direction but am not certain about the means), in exchange for slowed down concord response would be an acceptable solution. Its aim wouldn't be to change the outcome of current 1vs1 gank situations - those outcomes should be the same after the changes - but rather to allow for time to field active defenses (which I'd just consider a more interesting solution to the problem than the current passive one; no doubt they work, I've moved my base of mining operations three jumps and haven't seen a gank since, while they happend almost daily at the old location). I'm also fine if the answer is that such a change would likely cause to many collatteral changes that hurt in other game areas; I don't think the current situation is so bad that it has to be changed at the danger of screwing up other things.

I'm also aware that simply bringing more ships on the gankers side would offset those changes, and I'm fine with that, as it increases their cost accordingly. If you loose 4-5 bling fitted catalysts (all numbers taken out of thin air and would have to be balanced to create a fair situaion) in order to perform a gank, your investment is atleast roughly at the same level as the victims loss. If this doesn't stop the new order I'm fine with that as well - if you're willing to bringt sufficient forces, you'll always be able to alpha a target, and deserve to do so. It would however hinder those gankers that try to extort money from weak industrial corps by threatening to gank them, something I've seen more frequently happen than new order ganks.

Plastic Psycho wrote:

Active Gank Defense is highly unlikely to work. It's technically possible, but practically unfeasible. At best, the guards would be reacting to ganks-in-progress, which automatically puts them behind the curve. At worst, it'll only add entertaining new targets to the menu of victims.

Passive Gank Defense is not only feasible, but practical and easy. Don't fly dumb. Don't fly untanked unless you can afford the loss. Don't get greedy in known dangerous areas. Use the Star Map to determine where the dangerous areas are. Check Local. Use D-Scan. Orbit at range (keeps the speed up) and know where your safespots are - always know which one is closest to to your nose at any moment. Be prepared to abandon your drones (if any).

The thing is - passive gank defense is boring. The best way I've found to deal with gankers is "just don't be in systems where ganks are common". Telling a new corp that you run away from gankers because that works with the least hassle while fielding active defenses isn't feasible seems kinda demotivating to me (or was, a bit more than a year ago). I believe active gank defense would offer the possibility for more interesting gameplay choices.
Aldus Dumbledore
The Covenant of Blood
#93 - 2013-09-12 17:55:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldus Dumbledore
Barzai Mekhar wrote:

I'm not quite sure how this is bullshit, as it seems to tie into the rest of your post. I'm saying that due to high concord response time ganking both has to be done fast and has to be possible quickly (by gamedesign) to allow highsec ganking as a valid career choice.

I'm not asking for higher security - I'm asking whether you'd see a tradeoff where the average time required for a gank was increased (e.g. by more tank, decreased gank - I'm not an expert on the question of how this could be achieved best, and I'm smart enough to admit that I only have a direction but am not certain about the means), in exchange for slowed down concord response would be an acceptable solution. Its aim wouldn't be to change the outcome of current 1vs1 gank situations - those outcomes should be the same after the changes - but rather to allow for time to field active defenses (which I'd just consider a more interesting solution to the problem than the current passive one; no doubt they work, I've moved my base of mining operations three jumps and haven't seen a gank since, while they happend almost daily at the old location). I'm also fine if the answer is that such a change would likely cause to many collatteral changes that hurt in other game areas; I don't think the current situation is so bad that it has to be changed at the danger of screwing up other things.

I'm also aware that simply bringing more ships on the gankers side would offset those changes, and I'm fine with that, as it increases their cost accordingly. If you loose 4-5 bling fitted catalysts (all numbers taken out of thin air and would have to be balanced to create a fair situaion) in order to perform a gank, your investment is atleast roughly at the same level as the victims loss. If this doesn't stop the new order I'm fine with that as well - if you're willing to bringt sufficient forces, you'll always be able to alpha a target, and deserve to do so. It would however hinder those gankers that try to extort money from weak industrial corps by threatening to gank them, something I've seen more frequently happen than new order ganks.

The thing is - passive gank defense is boring. The best way I've found to deal with gankers is "just don't be in systems where ganks are common". Telling a new corp that you run away from gankers because that works with the least hassle while fielding active defenses isn't feasible seems kinda demotivating to me (or was, a bit more than a year ago). I believe active gank defense would offer the possibility for more interesting gameplay choices.

On the plus side of things, the "passive defense" of taking common low/null security precautions is simply good practice for one to eventually do reflexively. I relaxed my own standards and made assumptions of my adversaries that were unfounded. This I do not dispute. My corp originally was a null one and presently resides in low. These are elementary practices in our home space.

Ironically, I am the first to remind my corp mates to take all of the necessary precautions that I myself let lapse while in high sec.

My bone of contention has and remains that the economic equation and kill rights mechanic greatly favor the gankers. As much as this thread has inevitably devolved that is what it should be about.

The real bone is that I can never take from them a remotely comparable amount of resources without turning to ganking myself. In low, we take our payback when and how we can. In High, I can never hurt an adversary like they can hurt me because they can actually survive killing other peoples valuable ships with cheap ones. I have get one and only one chance to kill a trash Thrasher.

I on the other hand, cannot gank back with my isk farming care bear alt. If he turns to ganking he can no longer get profitable missions.

If I create a ganker alt to get payback then I have to spend Plex/isk to train him and time etc yadda yadda which the vastly greater majority of players forgo.

This is what is perpetuating the ganker class. I have no problem that CCP apparently thinks that you can never have a fun ship to fly anywhere in the game without watching your back. I am more than ok with that.

TL;DR

What I am asking for a civil discussion about is why do hi-sec game mechanics effectively protect and promote ganking alts? Is ganking too easy as the rewards seem to out weigh the risks and the victims can get no effective compensation in hi-sec?
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#94 - 2013-09-12 18:01:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Plastic Psycho
Barzai Mekhar wrote:

I'm not asking for higher security - I'm asking whether you'd see a tradeoff where the average time required for a gank was increased (e.g. by more tank, decreased gank - I'm not an expert on the question of how this could be achieved best, and I'm smart enough to admit that I only have a direction but am not certain about the means), in exchange for slowed down concord response would be an acceptable solution. Its aim wouldn't be to change the outcome of current 1vs1 gank situations - those outcomes should be the same after the changes - but rather to allow for time to field active defenses ...
Which active field defenses don't work. You'd have to screw with game mechanics radically to make it work - And even then any gains would be completely reversable by minor tactical changes by the Gankers. That's what makes it BS - It's a nearly-impossible-to-implement non-solution to a non-problem.

Quote:
I'm also aware that simply bringing more ships on the gankers side would offset those changes, and I'm fine with that, as it increases their cost accordingly. If you loose 4-5 bling fitted catalysts...
Yes, that certainly was pulled from somewhere. No one 'bling-fits' a Gankalyst for anything other than expensive or very hard to kill targets. Meta-3 ions are enough. Even if your proposal were feasible, a standard el-Cheapo Gankalyst will still do the job in most cases. Or two, maybe four - And at four, you're finally coming up to cost parity with a decently-equipped Retriever. So if I need to bring two Cats to pop a Retriever, instead of one, well, I'm still ahead of the game by a long shot. If I need four cats to nail a Mac, well, I'm still ahead of the game. I'll save the T2 fit for Hulks and Orcas.

You need to understand - I don't gank barges for income. If I wanted income, I'd be nailing haulers or mission runners. Make it more expensive... Sure. I'll still kill-at-will. If somehow you manage to bring guards, I'll gank them first. Or work around them.

Quote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:

If 'Boring' is your problem, you shouldn't be mining. End of statement.
Dave Stark
#95 - 2013-09-12 18:17:23 UTC
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Why should the gankers be able to so simply profit?

why shouldn't stupid people be punished for being stupid?
Aldus Dumbledore
The Covenant of Blood
#96 - 2013-09-12 18:37:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldus Dumbledore
Dave Stark wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:

The reason gankers profit is that there is no current economic reason to punish them. It is "smart" to simply move on.

Everyone gets ganked, no one or thing is gank proof.

What about Pandemic Legions Super Carrier that got AWOXed into a gank? Pandemic Legion may be many things but stupid isn't likely one of them. Turns out CCP had enough of AWOX and made it a TOS offense to AWOX. Who Knew?

Why did they do this? I will never know for sure but maybe it had to do with someone being able to profit from it and finance all of their game play forever more. That is what is called "positive reinforcement" of bad behavior to allow players to do this and they rightly recognized it's potential to destroy their game.

To suggest that only stupid people get ganked is either the typical sort of self serving aggrandizement that the insecure have to pump themselves up with or it simply is ignorance of game mechanics.

That there is no effective hi-sec method for extracting revenge on your gankers is positively reinforcing the behavior.
Dave Stark
#97 - 2013-09-12 18:38:09 UTC
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:

The reason gankers profit is that there is no current economic reason to punish them. It is "smart" to simply move on.

What about Pandemic Legions Super Carrier that got AWOXed into a gank? Pandemic Legion may be many things but stupid isn't likely one of them. Turns out CCP had enough of AWOX and made it a TOS offense to AWOX. Who Knew?

Why did they do this? I will never know for sure but maybe it had to do with someone being able to profit from it and finance all of their game play forever more. That is what is called "negative reinforcement".

To suggest that only stupid people get ganked is either the typical sort of self serving aggrandizement that the insecure have to pump themselves up with or it simply is ignorance of game mechanics.

That there is no effective hi-sec method for extracting revenge on your gankers is positively reinforcing the behavior.

you still didn't answer why stupid people shouldn't be punished for being stupid.
Aldus Dumbledore
The Covenant of Blood
#98 - 2013-09-12 18:41:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldus Dumbledore
Dave Stark wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:

Why did they do this? I will never know for sure but maybe it had to do with someone being able to profit from it and finance all of their game play forever more. That is what is called "negative reinforcement".

you still didn't answer why stupid people shouldn't be punished for being stupid.

Should unarmored haulers with 10billion isk in them get blown up by the enterprising? YES.

Should a missioner is a standard value level 4 ship get ganked while tanking NPCs in High Sec? YES

Should both of them not have the slightest ability to take remotely the same value from their opponents in HiSec due to game mechanics? NO, imo.

That is what this thread is about and the gankers defend. Nothing can be done about it no matter how "smart" you are. That is why AWOXing is a bannable offense. No one is smart enough to not have their corp destroyed no matter how well they think they know an anonymous person over the internet let alone family and friends go through drama too.
Dave Stark
#99 - 2013-09-12 18:45:57 UTC
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Aldus Dumbledore wrote:

Should unarmored haulers with 10billion isk in them get blown up by the enterprising? YES.

Should a missioner is a standard value level 4 ship get ganked while tanking NPCs in High Sec? YES

Should both of them not have the slightest ability to take remotely the same value from their opponents in HiSec due to game mechanics? NO, imo.

and now if you could answer the question I asked you, that'd be lovely.
Aldus Dumbledore
The Covenant of Blood
#100 - 2013-09-12 18:47:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldus Dumbledore
Dave Stark wrote:

and now if you could answer the question I asked you, that'd be lovely.

If you could learn to read that would be divine. Though it may require divine intervention. My answer is there in black and white if you have the wit to read it.