These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

GM clarification on rewording of the Terms of Service

First post First post First post
Author
Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#561 - 2013-09-11 19:49:21 UTC
Ali Aras wrote:
it's easy to go from "recruitment scamming for GSF as a Goon is okay" to "recruitment scamming for GSF as a TEST pilot is okay" without feeling like you've made a leap of logic. This is the stated reason behind the update-- players were confused.

Players are still confused why that should not be acceptable if the mark is foolish enough.

Ali Aras wrote:
However, that process is a longer one that will take place internally; rioting in this thread is unlikely to be effective.

I have a chance! And it's fat!

Can't hurt. What are they going to do, ban us all?

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Djan Sarpati
Ganque's Squad
#562 - 2013-09-11 19:50:07 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Cierra Royce wrote:
500million for half an hour?

Sounds so wrong

Cierra is very wrong.

Daughter of the illustrious Salvador Sarpati, I can sell you standings with Serpentis fighters for 500m isk (or a half hour chat with Cierra on Vent)

Copypasta
Lottie Spider Hive
#563 - 2013-09-11 19:51:08 UTC
Can we petition to CCP to dismiss CSM members for gross incompetence and inability to communicate? Or at the very least force them to take courses in public relations?
Divine Suicide
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#564 - 2013-09-11 19:51:40 UTC
CCP YOU DUN GOOFED M8S
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#565 - 2013-09-11 19:52:08 UTC
SAJUK NIGARRA wrote:
Ali Aras wrote:

this thread has made clear that there remains some unhappiness

I assume in your wording the Hiroshima bomb had some side effects. Calling this some unhapiness is like calling the Titanic a boating accident. Again I am slightly confused.

Ali Aras wrote:

I look forward to future productive discussions with CCP, and hope to be able to share results of those in the future.

Is that stuff on your nose chocolate ?

Be nice, she is only trying to be diplomatic. Don't shoot the messenger and all that.

I for one welcome the contact as we are all left to our own devices (and could end up starting a riot).

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#566 - 2013-09-11 19:52:45 UTC
Copypasta wrote:
Can we petition to CCP to dismiss CSM members for gross incompetence and inability to communicate? Or at the very least force them to take courses in public relations?

I think CSM could be a much better flameshield for CCP.

As it is, they're adding fuel to the blaze

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Copypasta
Lottie Spider Hive
#567 - 2013-09-11 19:53:57 UTC
Murk Paradox wrote:
Be nice, she is only trying to be diplomatic. Don't shoot the messenger and all that..

Never not shoot messengers.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#568 - 2013-09-11 19:54:12 UTC
Copypasta wrote:

Of course you can. They treat all petitions on a case by case basis!

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Dave Stark
#569 - 2013-09-11 19:54:52 UTC
i'll be honest i haven't massively been following this thread; does the ToS agree with the GMs posts yet?
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#570 - 2013-09-11 19:55:23 UTC
Copypasta wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:
Be nice, she is only trying to be diplomatic. Don't shoot the messenger and all that..

Lynch mynnna then =)

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#571 - 2013-09-11 19:55:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Copypasta wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:

No, no. He's right. Shooting them is no good. You tar and feather them and send them back as a message.

Dave Stark wrote:
i'll be honest i haven't massively been following this thread; does the ToS agree with the GMs posts yet?

I'm not sure even the GMs' posts agree with the GMs' posts yet…
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#572 - 2013-09-11 19:55:53 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

They are still having "internal discussions" about it.

Pretty Suzie
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#573 - 2013-09-11 19:56:09 UTC
Georgina Parmala wrote:
Ali Aras wrote:
it's easy to go from "recruitment scamming for GSF as a Goon is okay" to "recruitment scamming for GSF as a TEST pilot is okay" without feeling like you've made a leap of logic. This is the stated reason behind the update-- players were confused.

Players are still confused why that should not be acceptable if the mark is foolish enough.

Ali Aras wrote:
However, that process is a longer one that will take place internally; rioting in this thread is unlikely to be effective.

I have a chance! And it's fat!

Can't hurt. What are they going to do, ban us all?

I'd like to see them try!

Official ProChribbaMittensLegend alt checking in, to offer you all the chance to own your own Avatar Titan officer fitted, fueled and ready to go. for just 40bn Isk, im acting as the trusted third party wire the Isk to me.
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#574 - 2013-09-11 19:56:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Hendrick Tallardar
Murk Paradox wrote:

I can do that! I think I also have some I-9's available too!

Send me your brochure.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#575 - 2013-09-11 19:56:55 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Copypasta wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:

No, no. He's right. Shooting them is no good. You tar and feather them and send them back as a message.

Choose your next words carefully

sparta movie kick

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

greiton starfire
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#576 - 2013-09-11 19:57:55 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

nope now we have, "case by case basis" instead. so gm's can say screw what the tos says and do what they want.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#577 - 2013-09-11 19:58:33 UTC
greiton starfire wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

nope now we have, "case by case basis" instead. so gm's can say screw what the tos says and do what they want.

oh joy, it's like GM Russian Roulette

Dave Stark
#578 - 2013-09-11 19:58:34 UTC
Murk Paradox wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

They are still having "internal discussions" about it.

i don't know what i was expecting, really.
Amenio
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#579 - 2013-09-11 19:58:35 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Copypasta wrote:

I think CSM could be a much better flameshield for CCP.

As it is, they're adding fuel to the blaze

I have some problem on seeing how you could say anything to defend this change without the words function as fuel.
Ali Aras
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#580 - 2013-09-11 19:58:39 UTC
Vatek wrote:

So we should just not discuss it at all and trust the CSM to read our minds? I wasn't aware that using a forum intended for discussion about the game to discuss the game was "ineffective rioting". Last I heard, rioting worked pretty well to reverse the Incarna trainwreck!

Brushing us off with "okay we're gonna yap with CCP about this and release a crappy devblog 2 months from now that doesn't actually address anything" sucks.

Productive posting is fine and great. I use it as a CSM member to distill into better feedback; you're right that I don't read any minds. I also receive substantial assistance in representation via private messages such as evemails. I do also *play* the game, and have been both perpetrator and victim of the types of scams covered under this update. The bit about rioting in this thread was to attempt to dissuade people from making 100x posts saying "this is bad ccp sux see the csm agrees"; contrary to popular belief, large public outcry is largely ineffective in getting anything done.

I was unaware that posting acknowledging concerns and promising to use the tools at my disposal to work to resolve them constituted a "brush-off". I meant what I said when I said that I'd seen a lot of good come out of the CSM process, more than just "a devblog once in a while". The fact that we work primarily under NDA and outside of the public eye can make it hard to see, especially when our efforts avert a crisis instead of responding to one.

http://warp-to-sun.tumblr.com -- my blog