These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Competitive Gaming

First post
Author
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#121 - 2013-09-11 18:32:41 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucy Journey wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
I don't get payed for this, I'm customer here

Oh, I see where you went wrong.....when you passed the sign saying:

Roller Coaster <------ -------> Sandbox

You really should have taken the other path. It's not too late though....just backtrack a bit...your tickets might still be valid at the theme park.

you guys are all brainwashed

Good thing that can't happen to you Twisted
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#122 - 2013-09-11 18:35:01 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

the only thing lazy are your repetitive comments

nearly as lazy as only flying megathrons with cheap noob fits

Each one of my megathrons has done more then you ever will.

you only fly in safety mode, thats what your K/D shows me, you don't take risk, one on one I would blast you
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#123 - 2013-09-11 18:36:35 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

you only fly in safety mode, thats what your K/D shows me, you don't take risk, one on one I would blast you

We have an entire fleet doctrine named after Baltec's Megathron. I doubt we'll be seeing a HarryFleet doctrine of stabbed bombers any time soon.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#124 - 2013-09-11 18:41:50 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

I'll fight you one v one harry
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#125 - 2013-09-11 18:42:50 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

We have an entire fleet doctrine named after Baltec's Megathron. I doubt we'll be seeing a HarryFleet doctrine of stabbed bombers any time soon.

no you won't because stabs are mostly used solo, pretty smart of you not using them in a fleet

you are getting there
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#126 - 2013-09-11 18:43:33 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

at least one is for the arenas...

thanks ustrello
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#127 - 2013-09-11 18:46:14 UTC
Rhes wrote:

What use is safety in null sec?
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#128 - 2013-09-11 19:26:49 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

thanks ustrello

No no I think you misunderstood me I mean right now pick a system. I will defend baltec's ehonor
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#129 - 2013-09-11 19:39:37 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

thanks ustrello

No no I think you misunderstood me I mean right now pick a system. I will defend baltec's ehonor

lol, you lost only 59 ships in 4 years, you are even the worse carebear then him...

I don't shoot chicken
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#130 - 2013-09-11 19:41:41 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

thanks ustrello

lol, you lost only 59 ships in 4 years, you are even the worse carebear then him...

I don't shoot chicken

Because I am actually decent/ lucky as hell. But if you want to be a coward that is fine.
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#131 - 2013-09-11 19:41:52 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

thanks ustrello

I don't shoot chicken

Yeah, the venture from the KM a few pages back looked like it had some real teeth.
Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#132 - 2013-09-11 19:47:58 UTC
Just organize events. If people are afraid of losing isk, run your events on the test server.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#133 - 2013-09-11 19:59:51 UTC
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

thanks ustrello

I don't shoot chicken

Yeah, the venture from the KM a few pages back looked like it had some real teeth.

he just run into my guns

I shotdown a billion goon haulers in their backyard, still need to find anybody who got the balls for that

all others just hide within fleets of hundrets, every kid can do that... there are just a handful good pilots out there

the others are just sheeps running in the herd

solo pilots are the elite
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#134 - 2013-09-11 20:04:29 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

he just run into my guns

I shotdown a billion goon haulers in their backyard, still need to find anybody who got the balls for that

all others just hide within fleets of hundrets, every kid can do that... there are just a handful good pilots out there

See harry is too scared to fight me
Lux0r
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#135 - 2013-09-11 20:07:53 UTC

Harry Forever wrote:
we need universe wide leagues and arenas to assure we can put our best ships to use in some competitive gaming environment

Community Spotlight Article

SCL Twitch Site

Syndicate Competitive League

There are several very competitive groups already in EVE that enjoy this style of game play. The problem you believe you have discovered already has this as a solution.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#136 - 2013-09-11 20:15:32 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

he just run into my guns

you are no solo pilot, you guys just gank in groups of 30 vs. 1

thats no fighting... I know how you roll...

no system where you can sneak up with your friends...

I come and get you... just wait for it
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#137 - 2013-09-11 20:19:19 UTC
Lux0r wrote:

Harry Forever wrote:
we need universe wide leagues and arenas to assure we can put our best ships to use in some competitive gaming environment

Community Spotlight Article

SCL Twitch Site

Syndicate Competitive League

There are several very competitive groups already in EVE that enjoy this style of game play. The problem you believe you have discovered already has this as a solution.

yea cool they do something here, still a gamemode would be much easier and accessible every time you want

if its already in the game, I don't understand why so many are screaming about it
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#138 - 2013-09-11 20:41:18 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

yea cool they do something here, still a gamemode would be much easier and accessible every time you want

if its already in the game, I don't understand why so many are screaming about it

Because we don't want easy and accessible every time you want. We want difficult, and complicated, and 95% chance that the things you try will spectacularly backfire and blow up in your face. We want to plan, try and fail again and again so that success actually has meaning. That's why we play EvE and not some generic MMO where you can learn everything you need to know to perform at 90% efficiency of the best players world wide by reading two classguides and watching a 10 minute youtube video.

And yes, there may not be millions of players that fit that profile, but those that do are a reliable playerbase. Yes, we ***** and moan and write 100 page complaint threadnaughts about every little issue, but at the end of the day, we keep a game alive for ten years in a climate where other games perish in two. That profile generally constitutes a niche buisness, which seems to be a model with which both CCP and most of the playerbase are quite happy. Get it out of your head that every buisness has to appeal to the largest audience possible; a limited but reliable customer base can be just as viable, especially if that limitation means that you have little concurrence
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#139 - 2013-09-11 20:52:54 UTC
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

Because we don't want easy and accessible every time you want. We want difficult, and complicated, and 95% chance that the things you try will spectacularly backfire and blow up in your face. We want to plan, try and fail again and again so that success actually has meaning. That's why we play EvE and not some generic MMO where you can learn everything you need to know to perform at 90% efficiency of the best players world wide by reading two classguides and watching a 10 minute youtube video.

And yes, there may not be millions of players that fit that profile, but those that do are a reliable playerbase. Yes, we ***** and moan and write 100 page complaint threadnaughts about every little issue, but at the end of the day, we keep a game alive for ten years in a climate where other games perish in two. That profile generally constitutes a niche buisness, which seems to be a model with which both CCP and most of the playerbase are quite happy. Get it out of your head that every buisness has to appeal to the largest audience possible; a limited but reliable customer base can be just as viable, especially if that limitation means that you have little concurrence

I only see you guys shoot rats and mining 90% of your time... if I shorten up that waiting time, thats just smart, more gaming less waiting... that logic seems to be not understandable by you guys

at the end it all is about efficiency... in life and in a game... you provide the most efficient entertainment you will win

and the masses are important, it proofs that you are right, only when you hit the mass market you are on track and will succeed over the long run

I'm not talking just 10 years here, a lot of companies succeed 10 years but then fail miserably because they do not adapt to their customers, do not adapt to what is needed

success in the past ist no guarantee for the future
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#140 - 2013-09-11 20:57:49 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

he just run into my guns

you are no solo pilot, you guys just gank in groups of 30 vs. 1

thats no fighting... I know how you roll...

no system where you can sneak up with your friends...

I come and get you... just wait for it

Here is the thing you are too scared to do it. You are too scared to fight anything that can actually shoot back. I figured you would be a coward and not want to fight back but I wanted to prove it, and so you have.