These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

reimbursement for launcher problems

Author
Radix Salvilines
Drunken Vikings Crusaders
#1 - 2013-09-11 16:41:06 UTC
Just a thought - they days during which we cannot play (today launcher stops at 15% update step 2/4 creating patch) should get added into our subscriptions (including any active dual training)... no?

Not everyone has broadband and is able to download the whole new client in a blink of an eye. That is not a crime. The whole thing is the fault of the provider of the service so CCP will you treat us players in a way we deserve it? Blink
xRyokenx
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2013-09-11 16:55:30 UTC
no lol
Viruk Johnny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-09-11 16:57:08 UTC
Radix Salvilines wrote:
Just a thought - they days during which we cannot play (today launcher stops at 15% update step 2/4 creating patch) should get added into our subscriptions (including any active dual training)... no?

Not everyone has broadband and is able to download the whole new client in a blink of an eye. That is not a crime. The whole thing is the fault of the provider of the service so CCP will you treat us players in a way we deserve it? Blink


You have the same issue, huh. Funny stuff that this always happens when there's a big fleet up or something and actually want to log in for a change...
Kingstontown
Lexicon Research
#4 - 2013-09-11 17:37:06 UTC
Yeah it sucks that the launcher doesn't work, yeah it sucks that many times patches don't work 100% as server crash or whatever of the million things that go wrong during patching.

However, you completely bypass the fact that CCP is actually patching the game very often. How many developers do you know that will patch this often? Or try to respond to as many issues as CCP.

Have a look at SimCity.. that game is still in BETA - PayDay 2 - Singeplayer - still in BETA, Rome TW 2 - > beta and the list is endless

Yes it sucks the patching is troublesome, but at least they are actively working on trying to fix this stuff.
Radix Salvilines
Drunken Vikings Crusaders
#5 - 2013-09-11 17:52:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Radix Salvilines
I am a programmer too. I don't update my code unless it is well tested. But when problems show up I take responsibility for it (i make less money because I need to fix the problem).

My idea was just making sure I am making business with likely-minded responsible people using community forums where all is visible :P

Other games are completely irrelevant - I do not play them, I do not care. Because CCP is the only pro company out there in the wilds :)
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Initiative Mercenaries
#6 - 2013-09-11 17:56:08 UTC
Kingstontown wrote:
Yeah it sucks that the launcher doesn't work, yeah it sucks that many times patches don't work 100% as server crash or whatever of the million things that go wrong during patching.

However, you completely bypass the fact that CCP is actually patching the game very often. How many developers do you know that will patch this often? Or try to respond to as many issues as CCP.

Have a look at SimCity.. that game is still in BETA - PayDay 2 - Singeplayer - still in BETA, Rome TW 2 - > beta and the list is endless

Yes it sucks the patching is troublesome, but at least they are actively working on trying to fix this stuff.


Yes but we PAY a LOT of MONEY

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Zarine Bashir
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-09-11 17:59:13 UTC
Yep, same here. Launcher update stops at 15%. I want a day added to my subscription time, because this issue is on your end, CCP, not mine.
Radix Salvilines
Drunken Vikings Crusaders
#8 - 2013-09-11 19:04:36 UTC
Zarine Bashir wrote:
Yep, same here. Launcher update stops at 15%. I want a day added to my subscription time, because this issue is on your end, CCP, not mine.


uninstalling eve and installing from payloads helped... I forgive this time Twisted