These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Competitive Gaming

First post
Author
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#81 - 2013-09-11 12:44:15 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
too many people here holding up the developement, they treat the game like their ships, the gamemechanics has put their minds into jail... free spirit with good ideas are like enemies in a static world resistant to change, at the end those will be the ones killing the game...

To dig up one of your favorite examples, Tennis hasn't had noteable gamplay changes in the last 100 years and this hasn't killed it yet. Not quite sure what else to respond; giving examples of games that dug their grave by implementing massive changes that went against the spirit of the game (SWG being the most notorious example, though warhammer also made a good job of digging its own grave with the last pvp changes...) will only be ignored, as will be asking for a positive example where the massive change of a game that existed for 5+ years did not make things worse....
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#82 - 2013-09-11 12:47:13 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
too many people here holding up the developement, they treat the game like their ships, the gamemechanics has put their minds into jail... free spirit with good ideas are like enemies in a static world resistant to change, at the end those will be the ones killing the game...

This game is growing every year while every single other MMO is losing subs.

yea thats why we won't add any new stuff anymore, right?

good you are no developer, the game would have had a cycle of 1 year

We are in year 10.

CCP have further server and software technology on the horizon to allow even more people to take part in fights. I fully support CCP in not doing the same as everyone else and giving us a unique game.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#83 - 2013-09-11 12:49:29 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

The bolded, underlined and italic bit is where you're going wrong.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2013-09-11 13:04:35 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:
Ok, this is it:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=19530470

Harry Forever, the most competitive EVE player known to date first destroyed Goonswarm in a single campaign on VFK, and then moved on to breaking game rules by ganking newbros in a starter system.

harry, **** off.

he was a suspect and did steal some stuff, I King of Highsec brought justice to this creature

I remember how you guys stayed docked and ran away from me when I war decced you.

For guys that want to PVP.. you sure know how to avoid it.

You are no king.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

I Was There
Habemus
#85 - 2013-09-11 13:15:10 UTC
Didn't start his thread with a capital letter - low effort. Lock thread.
SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2013-09-11 13:17:41 UTC
It's obvious any EVE player who actually understands the game does not want this, so therefore it is never going to happen.

I disagree

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#87 - 2013-09-11 14:12:39 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:
Ok, this is it:

Harry Forever, the most competitive EVE player known to date first destroyed Goonswarm in a single campaign on VFK, and then moved on to breaking game rules by ganking newbros in a starter system.

harry, **** off.

he was a suspect and did steal some stuff, I King of Highsec brought justice to this creature

I remember how you guys stayed docked and ran away from me when I war decced you.

You are no king.

you guys? dude you are so funny, I got a solo corp, and I was in VFK the whole time when you wardected me, do some research before you burn your money... I told you to come up there, however you might have been scared, did not see you around

by the way, no wardec needed in nullsec, learn the mechanics
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#88 - 2013-09-11 14:17:46 UTC
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

To dig up one of your favorite examples, Tennis hasn't had noteable gamplay changes in the last 100 years and this hasn't killed it yet. Not quite sure what else to respond; giving examples of games that dug their grave by implementing massive changes that went against the spirit of the game (SWG being the most notorious example, though warhammer also made a good job of digging its own grave with the last pvp changes...) will only be ignored, as will be asking for a positive example where the massive change of a game that existed for 5+ years did not make things worse....

ask aroun how many young people play tennis vs. games... its dying

you better develope and not stick too much to one formula
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#89 - 2013-09-11 14:20:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Harry Forever wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:
Ok, this is it:

harry, **** off.

You are no king.

you guys? dude you are so funny, I got a solo corp, and I was in VFK the whole time when you wardected me, do some research before you burn your money... I told you to come up there, however you might have been scared, did not see you around

The last time I was in VFK... I killed a goon tengu. They lost more isk in 1 minute than your entire so called seige of VFK.

Also you were in JITA 90% of the time. I was watching you....

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#90 - 2013-09-11 14:29:17 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:
Ok, this is it:

harry, **** off.

You are no king.

The last time I was in VFK... I killed a goon tengu. They lost more isk in 1 minute than your entire so called seige of VFK.

Also you were in JITA 90% of the time. I was watching you....

people always remember one kill because not many others happened

the only one shooting stuff in jita is you, check your killboard wherelse all my kills have been around VFK at that time, you mixup something there

I just go to JITA to refit, you go there to spend your day

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#91 - 2013-09-11 14:29:23 UTC
I think it was said best when I believe baltec told you to go play on sisi.

It is pretty tasty. You can buy everything for....100 isk. You should check it out.

Also, mandatory, snarky "Posting in a Harry Forever thread" comment inserted hereBig smile.

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

William Walker
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#92 - 2013-09-11 14:30:47 UTC
Daily dose of Harry Forever. By the way your idea is horrible, we don't want it to turn into WoW in space.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2013-09-11 14:32:27 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

the only one shooting stuff in jita is you, check your killboard wherelse all my kills have been around VFK at that time, you mixup something there

Good Job... you found the 3 or 4 jita kills for the month in jita. Killing the not so surprising Jita Campers.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#94 - 2013-09-11 14:36:05 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

Good Job... you found the 3 or 4 jita kills for the month in jita. Killing the not so surprising Jita Campers.

all your kills are done in highsec for the last 2 month

blocked again, I'm done with carebears
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#95 - 2013-09-11 14:41:01 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

ask aroun how many young people play tennis vs. games... its dying

you better develope and not stick too much to one formula

Wait what?
Are you guys letting this one slide?
Tennis is dying?
Harry you truly are on a different planet to the rest of us.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#96 - 2013-09-11 14:41:51 UTC
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Try using the search function.

Arenas and 'safe' PvP instances have been proposed before..... always shot down because they are not in line with Eve's 'nowhere is safe' ethos.

Also, PvP without the loss of ships is worthless and will ruin Eve's economy.

He knows this has been raised before. The last thread on it was raised by him, and it got locked because he's a pleb and we told him so... a lot...
But he'll continue to argue the same incorrect points for just about ever.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#97 - 2013-09-11 14:49:26 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Jint Hikaru wrote:

Arenas and 'safe' PvP instances have been proposed before..... always shot down because they are not in line with Eve's 'nowhere is safe' ethos.

He knows this has been raised before. The last thread on it was raised by him, and it got locked because he's a pleb and we told him so... a lot...

this is about PvP and competitive gaming, I got no problem if some highsec miners are against it

you guys never ever will understand the topic
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#98 - 2013-09-11 14:54:34 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Jint Hikaru wrote:

this is about PvP and competitive gaming, I got no problem if some highsec miners are against it

you guys never ever will understand the topic

Harry, For the 10 millionth time. WE get it. WE understand what you want WE simply do NOT AGREE that it is a good idea, and neither will CCP. You want to take a sandbox game, and jam a fixed rule structure into the middle of it. It simply doesn't work.

You either ignore everything anyone says against you or you are legitimately too stupid to understand what EVE is about. Which is it?

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#99 - 2013-09-11 14:55:25 UTC
What you don't understand is.. you want to setup up a "Fight Club" do it on the test server. Then you can do your "competitve gaming" to your hearts content.
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#100 - 2013-09-11 16:30:01 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:
Ok, this is it:

harry, **** off.

I believe the one true savior of high sec, james315, would beg to differ. Begone you pretender to the title