These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Flying for serpents/angels

Author
Speedfreak Chuhara
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-09-07 17:11:18 UTC
I´m into roleplaying and want to know how I get agents of serpentis/archangels. Because this char is totally fresh i have minor chances to survive in fountain but I guess it wouldn´t be good idea to run missions where i have to kill angels.

Some help for a noob?
Emperor Salazar
Remote Soviet Industries
Insidious Empire
#2 - 2011-09-07 17:46:20 UTC
Join a corp out there (Fountain or Curse). NPC stations means you at least have docking and facility access.

Alternatively, ninja run missions and just be careful. Train for T2 frigates first (assault frigates and interceptors can probably do lower level missions pretty easily). Upgrade to T3 for level 4 running.
Octarius Eskravu
The Racing Mackerels
#3 - 2011-09-07 17:56:49 UTC
Go to curse instead of Fountain...There you will have a lot more agents to work than in fountain, and more spread over the region.

Also you have the epic arc for the angels that can be done every 3 months, which can boost your standings faster than just grinding L1s for storylines...

Good luck out there...
Speedfreak Chuhara
Doomheim
#4 - 2011-09-07 18:06:08 UTC
I´m heading towards Derelik, trying to find some distribution mission for the thukker tribe. I guess any security mission in this region would result in a loss of standing by angel/serpentis lol

Then I will try to jump into 0.0. But most likely i will die at every gate.....
Tiennen07
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2011-09-07 19:30:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiennen07
Speedfreak Chuhara wrote:
I´m heading towards Derelik, trying to find some distribution mission for the thukker tribe. I guess any security mission in this region would result in a loss of standing by angel/serpentis lol

Then I will try to jump into 0.0. But most likely i will die at every gate.....

you just gotta be careful. There are a few things you can prepare yourself for when travelling through nullsec.

1) Bubble on gate. Put a MWD or AB on your ship, or 1 or two warp stabilizers. this will negate any and all bubbles you run into.
2) If no warp stabilizers, always, i repeat, ALWAYS warp to 100km off of a celestial before warping to your destination gate in system if there are any others in local chat that you do not know. Placing a bubble in popular warp lines is a good strategy for catching noobs.
3) Use your D-Scan. Make sure there aren't any combat probes trying to sniff you out, and keep your D-Scan up and align to/scan your destination gate after warping to that celestial. if there's a bubble, you knows theres trouble.

just a few hints.
Cyniac
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-09-07 21:10:27 UTC
You might want to consider heading over to Syndicate to well... you know work for the Syndicate, they are good buddies with angels / serp and have quite a lot of agents.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-09-08 09:19:46 UTC
Do standings towards pirate faction give you any benefits in pirate 0.0 space? not sure what can it be....

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Xuse Senna
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#8 - 2011-09-08 09:39:05 UTC
Nice Wee tactic is warping to planet and then to gate, just keeps you off the main route.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7501/mindgamesceptionfinaldr.jpg

Speedfreak Chuhara
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-09-08 15:50:54 UTC
Ooh, did not expect that much response. Thanks a lot! Big smile

Point is, I´m building up a merchant/PI/production/invention char. At the moment I mostly skilling this one. Would I earn positive standing for my php char if I would unite both in a new founded corporation? So that my merchant/hauler char makes distribution missis for thukker/angel and this standing influences this from my pvp char?
OilSlick Rick
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-09-08 18:06:27 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Do standings towards pirate faction give you any benefits in pirate 0.0 space? not sure what can it be....

Faction ships, etc.

Anything you can achieve through hard work, you can also just buy.

-Stephen Colbert

Bataav
Intaki Liberation Front
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#11 - 2011-09-09 10:25:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Bataav
Speedfreak if the Angel Cartel has your interest contact the Naraka alliance. I believe they actively mission for the Cartel agents out in nullsec so there's a chance you might get to tag along as a sympethiser.

The recruitment section of this forum has two of their corps actively recruiting. One Serpentis RP and one Angels.

Coreli Corporation thread
Ghost Festival thread

Of course I don't recommend them. Piracy is bad, m'kay? Smile
Cyniac
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-09-09 11:42:02 UTC
March rabbit wrote:

Better refining yields in pirate stations, less tax paid on transactions. Same as everywhere else.
Speedfreak Chuhara
Doomheim
#13 - 2011-09-09 13:54:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Speedfreak Chuhara
Quote:
Of course I don't recommend them. Piracy is bad, m'kay?

Of course!!! Cool But thanks for the "warning".

I finally moved to Derelik but have to say this region is not worth mentioning. Maybe for miners and pirates but as a "honest" merchant definitely a step backwards. It seems like I just need a little more time and skill for my trade-char to get a state of sufficient supply of my pvp-char. And after this point I might have to roam some time on my own and lose some frigs Pirate. Most corps have a, understandable, skill-limit.

But, a big THX to everybody how contributed to this topic! :thumbsup: