These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Concord Protection

First post
Author
MAALaR
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-09-03 20:09:57 UTC
Now, this is just a thought and while I expect a little flaming for this, it's a legit question too. There are a few common facts that can be pointed out:

1. Concord does a good job killing the people that attack or attempt to kill you wronfully.
2. Suicide ganking is a great way to make isk.
3. Suicide ganking is in and of itself generally disliked by the community of carebears, which I suppose is reasonable by itself.

But just a thought...

How much of an impact on Eve would it have if Concord not only took military action against transgressors, but also took repair action in an attempt to protect the innocent?

It's probably just a silly idea, but I just wanted to throw it out there anyways. If it sounds legit, seems like an interesting thought. If not, oh well who cares. Generally my idea is that most Gate Campers and Suicide Gankers are fairly low in experience and are just looking for something to kill and/or a way to earn isk. Granted, there are quite a few experienced PVPers who gate camp and suicide gank as well, I mean, why not? It's certainly not illegal, and the reprocussions you get for doing so are justified. But from my understanding, if you want to learn PVP, invite someone to a duel, toss a can out, do it one on one, go into low-sec and get into a fleet and have some real battles. I tend to find blog gate camping and suicide ganking in or near high sec to be kind of petty.

The real fights, wars, where Eve lives and thrives, is in null-sec.

But really though, why is it Concord has all this amazing military strength but doesn't seem to give a crap about repairing anyone?

Just a thought :) call me crazy if you wanna. :)

-MAALaR
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#2 - 2013-09-04 00:34:38 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Quote:
But really though, why is it Concord has all this amazing military strength but doesn't seem to give a crap about repairing anyone?

Because it isn't their responsibility and/or they don't care?

Seriously... why would they care about the lives of immortal Demi-gods (however "innocent" they may seem) and their dime a dozen crew? Life isn't exactly a precious or a scarce resource in the universe of EVE.
Plus, no matter how non-violent the activities you partake in, you contribute in some way to someone else's war machine... including those that are a potential threat to the Empires themselves.

Okay... enough RP stuff.

Why should people's safety be increased in high-sec more than it is? Convince me (using an argument other than "I don't like it"). Otherwise, it's fine as is.
Dieu LeVeut
Olde and Ineth The Way
#3 - 2013-09-04 00:48:20 UTC
I'll just say. As someone who mostly could be described as a 'carebear', we at least have a responsabikity to engage in an activity known as CYA. COVER YOUR A....
Mag's
Azn Empire
#4 - 2013-09-04 01:27:32 UTC
MAALaR wrote:
The real fights, wars, where Eve lives and thrives, is in null-sec.
I do find that assertion funny and rather silly, but it makes clear why you posted such a bad idea.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#5 - 2013-09-04 01:31:45 UTC
And...what is the proposal here?

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Mag's
Azn Empire
#6 - 2013-09-04 01:33:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Lykouleon wrote:
And...what is the proposal here?
For Concord not only to act as punisher, but also as logistics for the great unwashed.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Bunyip
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-09-04 20:39:23 UTC
As a dedicated carebear with knowledge of null/low securities, I don't like this idea. Eve is not a PvE or a PvP game - it's a market game, and as such, the PvPers take care of the balance of power. You should thank them for helping the gristmill of the economic engine run.

I cannot support this idea. While I don't like the activity of PvP, high-sec is already too safe. The only thing I would support is that Concord takes action against criminals, maybe by increasing their response times where the perpetrator is of low security status, or attacking those deep enough outright.

Remember to thank the suicide ganker next time for keeping the wheels of commerce running smoothly. I've been ganked before too (and lost over 10b ISK), but that's Eve for ya, and ISK faucets aren't too hard to come by. Play smarter with tanking and repping on your industrial - especially now with the revised industrial ships.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-09-05 18:36:43 UTC

Op wants the only death in hisec to come from rats?

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

MAALaR
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-09-06 12:50:31 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:

Op wants the only death in hisec to come from rats?

1. I really don't care. Completely honestly, I don't give a crap. It was an idea and I could honestly care less of the outcome.
2. Obviously you didn't understand the purpose of the proposal. You would still duel, can flip, and war dec. It just brings to question why Concord would blast away the bad guy and let you perish. If you're going to take any good-sameritan action, then why not repair ships being wrongfully attacked?

It is a thought-provoking idea. However, either way, I don't care. I just wanted to put it out there. Take it as you will.
Doris Dents
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-09-07 14:36:38 UTC
If you don't care then why post? Crap idea.
MAALaR
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-09-08 05:36:09 UTC
Doris Dents wrote:
If you don't care then why post? Crap idea.

Because I can, and because I wanted to. No idea is "crap". If you don't like it, that's your perogative, doesn't make it stupid.

I retract the proposal, please lock/delete thread.
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#12 - 2013-09-09 04:53:37 UTC
Topic locked at request of OP.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL