These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

KISS ... applied to highsec

Author
bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#21 - 2013-09-06 14:12:36 UTC
Oh god, seriously, why so many idiots think by nerfing empire to the ground it would make eve even better? I have an idea. How about removing every ships bigger than a BS and anyone with more than 15m SP from empire and move them to LS or null?

If you want more players moving from empire to null, LS or WH, then make this space attractive. If CCP would remove the security status hit from PVP in LS, i'm sure more players would give it a try (no bubble <3
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-09-06 14:18:09 UTC
bloodknight2 wrote:
Oh god, seriously, why so many idiots think by nerfing empire to the ground it would make eve even better? I have an idea. How about removing every ships bigger than a BS and anyone with more than 15m SP from empire and move them to LS or null?

If you want more players moving from empire to null, LS or WH, then make this space attractive. If CCP would remove the security status hit from PVP in LS, i'm sure more players would give it a try (no bubble <3

You only take status hits for agression. If someone is agressed, or flashy red you take no standing hits in low sec. In null and in wormholes you take no standing hits at all ever.
Ressiv
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-09-06 14:42:39 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ressiv wrote:

It would force people to play the game I guess...

My God ! I just realized that for 3 years and 7 months, I have not been playing EVE !

Thank you my Savior ! Thank you !!!!!

Well yeah .. that was a bit blunt .. I ment: it forces people to experience more of EVE then they are inclined to now.

But yeah, given the feedback, it was a stupid idea I guess. But with more people in low and forming alliances in 0.0 (or renting) because certain content would move there, didnt seem like a bad idea .. if you want risk free you are free to do so in highsec at reduced income .. and given more people in low being interested in safe areas for indies, pirate corps would be at war with eachother over protecting (ehm .. extorting) the miners ... pirate honor would mean something again and if in a certain area, the closest 0.0 alliance is probably controlling the market.

It would open up a lot of opportunitys and close none except the ones that make rich people richer with no effort.

But yeah, it would be a different game .. I didnt think well enough :p
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-09-06 14:48:01 UTC
Ressiv wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ressiv wrote:

It would force people to play the game I guess...

My God ! I just realized that for 3 years and 7 months, I have not been playing EVE !

Thank you my Savior ! Thank you !!!!!

Well yeah .. that was a bit blunt .. I ment: it forces people to experience more of EVE then they are inclined to now.

But yeah, given the feedback, it was a stupid idea I guess. But with more people in low and forming alliances in 0.0 (or renting) because certain content would move there, didnt seem like a bad idea .. if you want risk free you are free to do so in highsec at reduced income .. and given more people in low being interested in safe areas for indies, pirate corps would be at war with eachother over protecting (ehm .. extorting) the miners ... pirate honor would mean something again and if in a certain area, the closest 0.0 alliance is probably controlling the market.

It would open up a lot of opportunitys and close none except the ones that make rich people richer with no effort.

But yeah, it would be a different game .. I didnt think well enough :p

That is along the lines of why I said that they should ring each individual empire with lowsec and throw all of the level4s out there. Plus it always makes some full time missioner threaten me which is always amusing.

However, SOV holders NBSI policies are more of a practical matter than out of bloodthirst....sure we DO want to shoot you.... but that is because if you are allowed to roam free eventually you are going to take a potshot at someone, and that is another risk that we don't want to assume.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#25 - 2013-09-06 15:13:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Diablo Ex wrote:
The problem, to be honest, is not in Highsec at all. The reason why people do not go to Nullsec is because the Sov Holders and their NBSI policies.

If we did implement the OP's suggestions, you would find that the SOV Holders would not tolerate the traffic at all. There would be a continuous GANKFEST until the Highsec dwellers simply left the game. Sure, the PvP Killboard Whores would relish the feeding frenzy while it lasted, but Nullsec NBSI simply will not support immigrants.

The fact that this post got 5 likes means that there are at least 6 delusional people in EVE right this moment Twisted

It's just extremely backwards thinking. The idea that more people would leave high if the denizens of the "cold, harsh, dark" universe would just be NICE to them is ridicules. If the ever happened at any time in the history of mankind, EVE itself would have or need CONCORD in high sec, people would just link their ships together and sing kuubyaa all night long and everything would be rainbows and unicorns that crap ice cream.

The fact that people with space ships and guns play a spaceship and guns game correctly outside of the games cuddle and tickle zone is not the "reason" why people don't leave high sec. The reason is that very many people who play this and other video games have egos so weak as to not be able to withstand even imaginary loss.

High Sec could conquer all of Null sec in a couple of evenings if the above was not the case...IF they could bother to cooperate with each other for more than 10 seconds before screaming "I won't be your slave, I'm Independence-minded!!!!" to everyone. As high sec can't come together long enough to elect one csm, I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-09-06 15:18:44 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

High Sec could conquer all of Null sec in a couple of evenings if the above was not the case...IF they could bother to cooperate with each other for more than 10 seconds before screaming "I won't be your slave, I'm Independence-minded!!!!" to everyone. As high sec can't come together long enough to elect one csm, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

The what 200 dudes that run incursions can't even get along? You ever witness that drama-thon?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#27 - 2013-09-06 15:40:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Onictus wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

The what 200 dudes that run incursions can't even get along? You ever witness that drama-thon?

Every weekend when I have free time but DIN or ISN killed all the high sec incursions AGAIN lol.

Even within the 2 or 3 communities I fly with there seems to be nightly drama.

Contrast this with my experience as a member of null sec alliances (starting with Doctrine, the Atlas, IT, -A-, Raiden, NCdot, TEST and now IM) There was drama from time to time (usually having something to do with Goons or maybe the russians.....).

But compared to the Incursion Runner Communites, Null sec Alliances are hippy communes of peace and love.....

That's the thing, null sec players are cooperative were as many high sec players tend to view cooperation as some form of slavery lol.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-09-06 15:59:52 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

That's the thing, null sec players are cooperative were as many high sec players tend to view cooperation as some form of slavery lol.

No no we are bloodthirty sociopaths that are out to RUIN YOUR GAMEZ!!!!

Don't you read the forums, jeesh Lol
Diablo Ex
Nocturne Holdings
#29 - 2013-09-06 16:05:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Diablo Ex
Jenn aSide wrote:
Diablo Ex wrote:
The problem, to be honest, is not in Highsec at all. The reason why people do not go to Nullsec is because the Sov Holders and their NBSI policies.

If we did implement the OP's suggestions, you would find that the SOV Holders would not tolerate the traffic at all. There would be a continuous GANKFEST until the Highsec dwellers simply left the game. Sure, the PvP Killboard Whores would relish the feeding frenzy while it lasted, but Nullsec NBSI simply will not support immigrants.

The fact that this post got 5 likes means that there are at least 6 delusional people in EVE right this moment Twisted

It's just extremely backwards thinking. The idea that more people would leave high if the denizens of the "cold, harsh, dark" universe would just be NICE to them is ridicules. If the ever happened at any time in the history of mankind, EVE itself would have or need CONCORD in high sec, people would just link their ships together and sing kuubyaa all night long and everything would be rainbows and unicorns that crap ice cream.

The fact that people with space ships and guns play a spaceship and guns game correctly outside of the games cuddle and tickle zone is not the "reason" why people don't leave high sec. The reason is that very many people who play this and other video games have egos so weak as to not be able to withstand even imaginary loss.

Foolish mental Diarrhea... from a clueless idiot.

Diablo Ex Machina - "I'm not here to fix your problem"

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-09-06 16:08:56 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

cooperation is when every member of a group gets profit from team work. And profit you get depends of team results.
If it is not the case then this is not cooperation but slavery Lol If you don't see it then some did good propaganda.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Omega Tron
Edge Dancers
Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
#31 - 2013-09-06 16:11:56 UTC
Well in my simple view on this issue the solution is --

1. Concord owns and controls the space around all jumb gates for 1 - AU
2. Concord police's all space with security range of 0.5 to 1.0 according to the Yula Terms.

CCP's sand box is EVE Online.  The sand is owned by CCP.  We pay them a monthly fee to throw the sand at each other.  That is all that is here, so move along. Nothing more to be seen.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#32 - 2013-09-06 16:12:52 UTC
Onictus wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

No no we are bloodthirty sociopaths that are out to RUIN YOUR GAMEZ!!!!

Don't you read the forums, jeesh Lol

I stand corrected Cool
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#33 - 2013-09-06 16:15:26 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

cooperation is when every member of a group gets profit from team work. And profit you get depends of team results.
If it is not the case then this is not cooperation but slavery Lol If you don't see it then some did good propaganda.

This post proves my point.
brinelan
#34 - 2013-09-06 17:09:47 UTC  |  Edited by: brinelan
March rabbit wrote:
[serious answer]
Removing T2 stuff/mining barges/freighters from high-sec will hurt EVERYONE. Why? It's easy:
- there is no manufacturing in low/0.0 at all. High-sec produces 100% of stuff we can sell/buy on markets.
- there is no low-level ore mining in low/0.0. All tritanium, etc came from miners of high-sec
- there is nothing you would use your freighter in low/0.0 (it's too danger)

Stopped reading after this, You obviously don't play in nullsec, So if there is nothing you would use a freighter for in null then how do those ihubs and level 5 upgrades get out there among other things? have you ever tried to build a super or titan? do you know how much material goes in to those that you have to get to a pos array? lets just say people don't use itty 5's to do it.

lol
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-09-06 18:23:26 UTC
Ressiv wrote:
..with all the calls for more incentive to go into low, to make 0.0 matter, to nerf highsec etc. etc., I was wondering if the simplest solution isnt actualy a pretty good one: ship and item restrictions for hi-sec

If highsec would be a place where only small ships would be allowed (let's say up to BC, no barges, no freighters) and where the market cant handle t2 equipment, implants, boosters, etc. etc. would that not instantly solve all issues ?

You could bring a t1 frig, destroyer, cruiser, bc, small transport and perhaps a 1 laser barge ... fit it t2, but shopping in lowsec mandatory in that case as the market cant handle t2 in high ..

Poor jita will die ... tradehubs will form in areas where uneasy alliances are formed because we all need stuff and a relatively safe market ... corporations would not only dump **** on the market but would need to keep that market attractive ..

Highsec would be training ground, lowsec would be where pirates roam and possibly extort people without 0.0 acces to buy modules and ships from the overpriced lowsec market.... 0.0 would be the new high-sec ... if the sov owners can handle the traffic. They would want your business ... as there wont be any highsec market to offload all the stuff their indies make to keep their alliance's isk coming in.

So yeah, maybe I just miss something realy obvious, and this will be another one of my infamous 'I should have shut up' topics .. but would this not solve all issues and only cause a little discomfort to everybody as droves of carebears overrun the few lowsec dwellers on their way to somewhat neutral 0.0 in order to keep business going, sprouting some fine pirate cartels in the process 'owning' low to the degree that noone can enforce the law there without huge presence, making them able to actually live of selling loot instead of reprocessing it ... etc. ?

I sort of touched on this subject in the crazy freighter gank threadnaught. Simply put, when people complain about a lack of slots of ship customization, it most likely does not belong in candyland.

Theoretically, it would help highsec and their markets be a bit less choked and would also help encourage industry and more markets out on fringe systems instead of having to depend so heavily on out-of-corp logistics and that could indeed increase a level of responsibility.

In actuality however... people are dumb. Therefore, most likely wouldn't work.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Ressiv
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-09-06 20:33:23 UTC
brinelan wrote:
lets just say people don't use itty 5's to do it.

lol

... if they would, Jita 4-4 would look empty by comparisson ... you could tell where they where being constructed based on the enldess line of transports bumping eachother off the gates or making it hard to get to the JB P
blue dehazon
Stonegard Arrows
#37 - 2013-09-06 22:46:14 UTC
Ressiv wrote:
..with all the calls for more incentive to go into low, to make 0.0 matter, to nerf highsec etc. etc., I was wondering if the simplest solution isnt actualy a pretty good one: ship and item restrictions for hi-sec

If highsec would be a place where only small ships would be allowed (let's say up to BC, no barges, no freighters) and where the market cant handle t2 equipment, implants, boosters, etc. etc. would that not instantly solve all issues ?

You could bring a t1 frig, destroyer, cruiser, bc, small transport and perhaps a 1 laser barge ... fit it t2, but shopping in lowsec mandatory in that case as the market cant handle t2 in high ..

Poor jita will die ... tradehubs will form in areas where uneasy alliances are formed because we all need stuff and a relatively safe market ... corporations would not only dump **** on the market but would need to keep that market attractive ..

Highsec would be training ground, lowsec would be where pirates roam and possibly extort people without 0.0 acces to buy modules and ships from the overpriced lowsec market.... 0.0 would be the new high-sec ... if the sov owners can handle the traffic. They would want your business ... as there wont be any highsec market to offload all the stuff their indies make to keep their alliance's isk coming in.

So yeah, maybe I just miss something realy obvious, and this will be another one of my infamous 'I should have shut up' topics .. but would this not solve all issues and only cause a little discomfort to everybody as droves of carebears overrun the few lowsec dwellers on their way to somewhat neutral 0.0 in order to keep business going, sprouting some fine pirate cartels in the process 'owning' low to the degree that noone can enforce the law there without huge presence, making them able to actually live of selling loot instead of reprocessing it ... etc. ?

way dont we just make all space hisec will work iven better ( wonder way this tred is not closed for trolling).
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-09-06 22:58:02 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Came for Detroit Rock City, leaving disappointed.

Ok. THIS was funny.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Benny Ohu
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2013-09-07 03:31:43 UTC
Omega Tron wrote:
Well in my simple view on this issue the solution is --

1. Concord owns and controls the space around all jumb gates for 1 - AU
2. Concord police's all space with security range of 0.5 to 1.0 according to the Yula Terms.

No. Fights happen on gates.

brinelan wrote:
Stopped reading after this, You obviously don't play in nullsec, So if there is nothing you would use a freighter for in null then how do those ihubs and level 5 upgrades get out there among other things? have you ever tried to build a super or titan? do you know how much material goes in to those that you have to get to a pos array? lets just say people don't use itty 5's to do it.

lol

he was probably talking about your general market/indy guy as opposed to someone who can bridge freighters around with titans
Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#40 - 2013-09-07 05:37:29 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
It would not make it less fun ... it would restrict ship-class.

Ship class restrictions are massively un-fun, bro.

stupid restrictions not letting me bring in dreads to a 3/10 complex

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Previous page123Next page