These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Loan Request (#2), 5B @ 20% interest payable after 6 weeks.

Author
Laughing Mime
Stormblessed Bandits
#1 - 2013-09-06 06:09:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Laughing Mime
Loan Request (#2), 5B @ 20% interest payable after 6 weeks.

First loan, $1125million sold out in record time and repaid in full on time: http://eve-search.com/thread/667295-0

The time has once again come to expand my business. Please read through the above link or contact myself before deciding to invest. I’ve changed the structure of my business since the first loan to address the weaknesses, primarily an extra 2 weeks to allocate and then liquidate the assets without sacrificing much lost revenue due to rushed sales.

I believe now is a perfect time to expand due to one key market advantage: I do not rely on 3rd party tools which scrape market data to do my trading, I always do things manually. This gives me a key competitive edge now that these tools are not working and I intend to make the most of it.

Additionally I am now outsourcing the haulage of items I classify as “low Intellectual Property risk” which has significantly increased my market reach. I am now using ½ of the time to allocate the same investment to the market than previously.

What will you use the isk for?

The isk will all be used for inter-region trade of assets. Although I cannot get into specifics for obvious reasons I can offer this information: 20% lowsec trade, 80% highsec trade, and a maximum of 10% total assets risked per haul. The overall risk of this venture is quite low from my perspective.

Loan terms.

20% interest plus the loan sum to be repaid to you 6 weeks after the total capital is raised. If the total capital is not raised by 2 weeks after this thread’s creation date, I reserve the right to return the investment. The repayment amount is independent of the business venture’s success, if for some reason CCP slashes the value of modules a week after I invest the 5B and I make a loss, the full amount plus interest will still be paid out.

Amounts will be decided on a first-come, first serve basis and those who wish to remain anonymous can send me an eve-mail with requests. I would prefer for most of the dealings to take place in this thread to satisfy one of my goals listed later.

Restrictions on investment:

Isk sent must be in whole millions (offers will be rounded down and isk refunded if not followed)
Maximum 50% lent by one individual (unless special permission received via eve-mail from myself)
Maximum 50% lent by my alliance

Is this a scam?

Every scammer will tell you straight to your face that” this is not a scam” so I do not see the point in doing the same. Instead I will offer evidence to support my argument that this is not a scam, and you can be the judge:

Laughing Mime is my main, the amount of solo kills (300+) would suggest I spend a lot of time on this character: http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Laughing+Mime

My character is a 2006 character which has never been traded, putting its isk value at many times the value of this venture. Scams often result in reputation loss which negatively impact the sale value of a character over these forums and without selling the character after a scam I would find myself in Eve with considerable hostility towards me. (API evidence available 500m loan offers or on request from a market regular).

I currently have over 3billion in assets. I believe a person with only 50mil in their wallet is more likely to steal than a person with isk already in their possession. (Limited API evidence available to 500m loan offers or on request from a market regular).

Why have you offered this to the public?

I have already turned 1 billion into 3 billion on the market in the last few weeks and feel I can match this growth rate with an extra 5B capital, by using a higher debt:equity ratio I will be able to expand my isk at a much faster rate than at my current 0:1 model.

It is highly likely that I could achieve this financing from my corp (two members have offered to bankroll this operation funded through factional warfare LP payouts) without having to go through all this effort, so why have I made this public? Reputations take some time to build, and I have plans in the future for an IPO, which requires substantial capital. The contacts i have built up through these public offerings will be highly valuable. Doing these dealings publicly costs me only a little time but adds a great deal of intangible value.

What does my investment entitle me to?

Since I am classing this as a loan and not an IPO, I will not be updating on a weekly basis the progress of this venture, nor will any requests for updates or pre-mature payment be guaranteed a response. Creditor’s in this loan will be offered a preferential share of upcoming offers, although the interest rate will reduce to mirror the scam risk level and the diminishing returns of profit in future contracts.

I may be able to extend the value of the loan if this is as popular as last time. My current operations are much more geared towards rapid expansion than previously, the main limiting factor is personal time. If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread.
I Was There
Habemus
#2 - 2013-09-06 09:18:31 UTC
Laughing Mime wrote:

I do not rely on 3rd party tools which scrape market data to do my trading, I always do things manually. This gives me a key competitive edge now that these tools are not working and I intend to make the most of it.

My character is a 2006 character [...] I currently have over 3billion in assets. I believe a person with only 50mil in their wallet is more likely to steal than a person with isk already in their possession.

So you have 3b isk in assets after 7 years of playing, and you're asking for a sum of isk that's almost twice your current asset value. This causes your following "point" / statement to backfire.

Not "relying" on 3rd party tools shouldn't be much of an advantage. It'd be like a blacksmith without an assistant.

If you provide collateral, I'll throw as much isk in as you want.
I Was There
Habemus
#3 - 2013-09-06 09:21:55 UTC
The first loan was in 07/08, and you decide to expand your business after 5-6 years?
Laughing Mime
Stormblessed Bandits
#4 - 2013-09-06 10:28:39 UTC
I Was There wrote:
Laughing Mime wrote:

I do not rely on 3rd party tools which scrape market data to do my trading, I always do things manually. This gives me a key competitive edge now that these tools are not working and I intend to make the most of it.

My character is a 2006 character [...] I currently have over 3billion in assets. I believe a person with only 50mil in their wallet is more likely to steal than a person with isk already in their possession.

So you have 3b isk in assets after 7 years of playing, and you're asking for a sum of isk that's almost twice your current asset value. This causes your following "point" / statement to backfire.

Yes I like to make a lot of isk and then spend it on PvP. Honestly i don't see 5 billion isk as that much money. Its roughly 5 days of solid FW mission running, but I'd rather spend an hour a day on trading and the remaining time having fun with PVP.

Quote:

The first loan was in 07/08, and you decide to expand your business after 5-6 years?

There was a considerable break from EVE in that time. I go through cycles of making isk on the market and then spending it, its not really worth doing with a low asset base. I make a pretty decent rate of return but when I'm only using 3 billion it is less than I would make spending the same time in Factional Warfare running missions.

Quote:

Not "relying" on 3rd party tools shouldn't be much of an advantage. It'd be like a blacksmith without an assistant.

If you provide collateral, I'll throw as much isk in as you want.

Its resulted in some very good earnings in the last few days. If i was providing collateral the return would be closer to 3% per month than the current 13.3%
Laughing Mime
Stormblessed Bandits
#5 - 2013-09-06 10:46:26 UTC
Let me know if you are interested anyway, i understand if you prefer to invest your Isk in lower risk, lower return options.

Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#6 - 2013-09-06 11:55:47 UTC
Laughing Mime wrote:
Yes I like to make a lot of isk and then spend it on PvP. Honestly i don't see 5 billion isk as that much money. Its roughly 5 days of solid FW mission running

5 days to make 5 billion? You must be on the Minmatar side. Poor chap.
Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-09-06 12:12:19 UTC
Laughing Mime wrote:
Let me know if you are interested anyway, i understand if you prefer to invest your Isk in lower risk, lower return options.

I do think see that really as u paying 20% after 6weekz right? I so that's a just over 3% interest per week from an risky invest with zero colateral. I would say for this reason iam out. If ya had some colateral I would give ya the money in a heart beat
Laughing Mime
Stormblessed Bandits
#8 - 2013-09-06 12:38:26 UTC
Lord LazyGhost wrote:
Laughing Mime wrote:

I do think see that really as u paying 20% after 6weekz right? I so that's a just over 3% interest per week from an risky invest with zero colateral. I would say for this reason iam out. If ya had some colateral I would give ya the money in a heart beat

Sorry 13.33% per month is plenty for this degree of risk, I've run a similar loan before and paid out the full value. In fact several people asked me in the last investment to up it by several billion. If i wanted to scam i could easily have accepted and walked off with 10+billion from various parties.

I will consider doing a collateral based return startup in the future, but it would be a competitive return for the risk level (2-3% per month). Giving collateral for this investment won't happen, every unit of isk i give to you to hold i may as well invest. If i get no takers I'll just go to corp mates for the sum. Which is a pity because I have a much bigger project in mind that i'd like to work my way up to by building community trust and backers.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#9 - 2013-09-06 12:50:13 UTC
Laughing Mime wrote:

I will consider doing a collateral based return startup in the future, but it would be a competitive return for the risk level (2-3% per month). Giving collateral for this investment won't happen, every unit of isk i give to you to hold i may as well invest. If i get no takers I'll just go to corp mates for the sum. Which is a pity because I have a much bigger project in mind that i'd like to work my way up to by building community trust and backers.

While this is well known:

"Trust is earned, not given"

this is less known:

"You are not alone in the community".

You can't create grand plans, "work your way up" etcetera in a vacuum.

The others are those who are going to let you work your way up or not.

If you get negative feedback from people who would want to invest in you, you are meant to religiously take notes, thank them for the advice and come back with a new, workable proposal.
arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#10 - 2013-09-06 12:56:25 UTC
Are you reffering to the classic "work your way up" scam? Sure looks like it.

Troll for hire. Cheap prices.

Laughing Mime
Stormblessed Bandits
#11 - 2013-09-06 13:03:18 UTC
arabella blood wrote:

If it was a work my way up scam I'd be happy to provide all of you with your collateral backed 13% ROI investment in order to hook you in.

Its not, if this isn't financially viable for both of us there is no point me doing it. I could back this investment with 100% collateral in a days time at this rate but it would also reduce my investments by the same amount. That would defeat the purpose of me borrowing isk, i would be paying interest for you to hold my isk.
Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-09-06 13:11:22 UTC
Laughing Mime wrote:
arabella blood wrote:

If it was a work my way up scam I'd be happy to provide all of you with your collateral backed 13% ROI investment in order to hook you in.

Its not, if this isn't financially viable for both of us there is no point me doing it. I could back this investment with 100% collateral in a days time at this rate but it would also reduce my investments by the same amount. That would defeat the purpose of me borrowing isk, i would be paying interest for you to hold my isk.

In a days time? Well if it's so easy for u make 5bil Isk why not just go do that for a week or 2 the UK pop till ur hearts content when ya run out of m ey or get low running costs what ever it is that makes u 5bil I am a day or so.

But to get a small 1.1b loan then Co. E back for a 500% increase for zero colateral is crazy in my mind
Laughing Mime
Stormblessed Bandits
#13 - 2013-09-06 13:17:43 UTC
Lord LazyGhost wrote:
Laughing Mime wrote:
arabella blood wrote:

In a days time? Well if it's so easy for u make 5bil Isk why not just go do that for a week or 2 the UK pop till ur hearts content when ya run out of m ey or get low running costs what ever it is that makes u 5bil I am a day or so.

But to get a small 1.1b loan then Co. E back for a 500% increase for zero colateral is crazy in my mind

My current investments are over 3.5bil, making 1.5 b is 24 hours is very do-able albeit time intensive. I'd rather put the same amount of effort in for triple the return by increasing the amount of isk turning around.
arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#14 - 2013-09-06 13:23:22 UTC
Reasonable. But maybe a "work your way up" scam with no collateral opening to increase trust, ive seen that too :)

We are in the "a-nal era" now, its collateral or GTFU.

Troll for hire. Cheap prices.

Laughing Mime
Stormblessed Bandits
#15 - 2013-09-06 13:33:18 UTC
Sorry to hear it, people were practically throwing isk at me last time :).

Its all good, if i get no takers I will fully back it by corpies. My future plans will be based around lower returns, higher isk values and collateral but it will be some months off.
SJ Astralana
Syncore
#16 - 2013-09-06 13:47:25 UTC
I'll cover this loan in its entirety contingent upon it not being expanded beyond its current level. Eve-mail me to confirm.

Hyperdrive your production business: Eve Production Manager

Laughing Mime
Stormblessed Bandits
#17 - 2013-09-06 13:51:27 UTC
Hi SJ,

Thank you, I will put you down for an initial 2.5B. Remaining 2.5B to be confirmed in 24 hours if no further backers.

Laughing Mime
Stormblessed Bandits
#18 - 2013-09-06 14:02:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Laughing Mime
As SJ has stipulated this project cannot be extended past it's initial offer I will be cutting it off at 5B. There are 24 hours left before i give the remaining 50% of the investment to SJ.

However if you miss out on the remaining 2.5B and were interested in the opportunity, please leave a note or send me an email of interest and I will put you at top of the list for next month's offering.
I LIKE IT
HIGH RISK INVESTMENT
#19 - 2013-09-06 15:51:11 UTC
I LIKE IT!

ONE THOUSAND MILLIPEDES SENT
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-09-06 21:18:20 UTC
I LIKE IT wrote:
I LIKE IT!

ONE THOUSAND MILLIPEDES SENT