These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

WHile you are at it, Please REMOVE Sensor booster LIghtshow

Author
Maxsim Goratiev
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-11-14 01:48:21 UTC
In large fleets this is currently the most immersion-breaking effect in the entire game, it is even worse than the torpedo explosions. I don;t have to explain it, anyone that ever saw a large fleet knows it. Anyone that sees me playing eve, in a fleet, always asks why al lthe ships are glowing in a stupid manner. It also adds lag and reduces visibility. Maybe reduce it's intensity exponentially with the number of ships using it? Alternatively give us an option in the menu to turn it off. The sensor booster effect is really unimportant, and is very visible. Other effects, such as remote repair, are much more important yet are harder to see.
Move post to appropriate forum section if necessary, but please do something about this light-show, This also includes other modules like ECCM and tracking computers.
Sin Meng
Gauss Powered Gamers
#2 - 2011-11-14 01:56:26 UTC
I agree the sensor booster blob is the worst part of the :blob:

Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

m3talc0re X
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-11-14 02:24:38 UTC
I agree. Sensor boosters and tracking computers both need those completely useless and annoying effects removed.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#4 - 2011-11-14 02:27:05 UTC
full ack.

however it would be hard do find something which scales from one ship to a fleet. But having nothing is better as the current situation IMO

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Praesus Lecti
The Terrifying League Of Dog Fort
Freight Train Diplomacy
#5 - 2011-11-14 02:40:03 UTC
Why does it even need a visual effect. It's not even that important of a module.
m3talc0re X
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-11-14 03:01:33 UTC
That's the point though, it DOESN'T need a visual effect. It's stupid to have one. It's like making a radar tower look like a lighthouse. It's stupid.
Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#7 - 2011-11-14 03:17:52 UTC
m3talc0re X wrote:
That's the point though, it DOESN'T need a visual effect. It's stupid to have one. It's like making a radar tower look like a lighthouse. It's stupid.

Best reason to remove the visual effect

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Jazz Styles
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-11-14 03:45:35 UTC
Yeah at least tone down the effect (a lot) or give us the option to switch off individual effects.
Oberine Noriepa
#9 - 2011-11-14 05:09:24 UTC
Yeah, I agree that this is a pretty ridiculous effect to have.

Velarra
#10 - 2011-11-14 06:44:32 UTC
Jazz Styles wrote:
Yeah at least tone down the effect (a lot) or give us the option to switch off individual effects.

Granular settings for individual visual effects would make viewing Eve much more comfortable. See the benefit of a readable font.
Endeavour Starfleet
#11 - 2011-11-14 08:11:37 UTC
Agreed. Remove it or scale it back 100x or so.
Raven Ether
Doomheim
#12 - 2011-11-14 08:50:18 UTC
Horrible, makes no sense at all and completely annoying in fleet fights where it is used in abundance.

They keep this **** and remove the good stuff (shield hardener ...ffs). It's almost as if they do it on purpose to annoy players.

And don't get me started on ECCM...
Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#13 - 2011-11-14 09:45:37 UTC
The same can be said about tracking computers and ECCM, but yes, I think the optical effect does not make sense and can be removed.

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Daedalus Arcova
The Scope
#14 - 2011-11-14 11:08:18 UTC
Please get rid of it CCP, for SeBos, ECCM and tracking computers. You don't have to replace it with anything, you don't have to redesign it. JUST GET RID OF IT. What would that take? 2 minutes?
Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#15 - 2011-11-14 12:52:32 UTC
I think the effects themselves should stay, with an option under the graphic settings to turn them off.

Even though it's annoying for the bigger blobs, for small gang warfare it's very handy feature.
It gives a small insight of what the enemy has fitted on their ships, adding to the strategic capabilities of the game.
Daedalus Arcova
The Scope
#16 - 2011-11-14 13:09:33 UTC
Cyerus wrote:
I think the effects themselves should stay, with an option under the graphic settings to turn them off.

Even though it's annoying for the bigger blobs, for small gang warfare it's very handy feature.
It gives a small insight of what the enemy has fitted on their ships, adding to the strategic capabilities of the game.

Free intel. Why is that a good thing?
Siigari Kitawa
Weave
Weave.
#17 - 2011-11-14 13:35:39 UTC
I think the general consensus here is sebos are like needles to eyes. Make it go away! Or bring back the pulsating circle. That was pleasant.

Need stuff moved? Push Industries will handle it. Serving highsec, lowsec and nullsec - and we do it faster and more reliably than anyone else. Ingame channel: PUSHX

Denuo Secus
#18 - 2011-11-14 13:58:18 UTC
Agreed. Sensor boosters and ECCMs are annoying. I always scroll out when I use them.

ArrowSame for their sound effects! They are too loud and annoying. And when I tune down the master (or world) volume all other sound effects are unhearable, which lowers the immersion.
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-11-14 13:58:53 UTC
Agree to remove the SEBO and ECCM effect. They're really cool, but extremely annoying and distracting.

I figure it was put in with the thought that the mods would only be activated right before conflict but in reality there are times when you're doing somethign for hours and in a fleet with those going off (even if it's from my ship) it becomes irritating to look at, almost painful on the eyes.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Cyerus
Eternal Strife
#20 - 2011-11-14 14:00:49 UTC
Daedalus Arcova wrote:
Cyerus wrote:

Free intel. Why is that a good thing?

In my opinion modules that give a bonus once activated (cycling) should have an effect.
Passive boosting modules should not.

Everything said in this topic so far has been about blobbing and the lag that comes with it.
An option to disable visual effects like the SeBo, ECCM and TD should be implemented, hence fixing the issue.

Removing the effect all together is out of the question.
Specially in Small Gang Warfare where figuring out what the enemy has fitted on their ships, and refitting / countering is the biggest part of the fun.
With that a Strategic point-of-view comes into play, where the difference between winning or losing could be because of a module, rather than the difference in the number of ships.

12Next page