These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

My Feelings Are Hurt

First post
Author
Addavar Thearox
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2013-09-05 04:48:40 UTC
Tuggboat wrote:
But I digress. What I'm really wondering about is how you shape and mold your dreams, What drives you to advance? Is it all about the ISK,

Bingo.

The less I need to worry about the cost of keeping an upgraded clone and blowing up space pixels in the process the better. To me EVE is a game of depleting the hitpoints of another's washtub while flying an equally vulnerable washtub myself. Nothing more, nothing less.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-09-05 06:21:55 UTC
Photons have the same speed for everybody.
KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#23 - 2013-09-05 06:27:38 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Tuggboat wrote:
I don't understand the hostility here. We live in a universe where our dreams are our boundaries, riches are limitless and space is big enough for a man to spread his arms, puff out his chest and breath deep
that's not EVE ONLINE you're playing there.

I want to fly a dragon! :D

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#24 - 2013-09-05 06:54:40 UTC
So many stoned capsuleers. Who smuggled drugs to Jita?
KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#25 - 2013-09-05 11:51:07 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
So many stoned capsuleers. Who smuggled drugs to Jita?

I want to fly a dragon! :D

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-09-05 12:02:08 UTC
Tuggboat wrote:
I don't understand the hostility here. We live in a universe where our dreams are our boundaries, riches are limitless and space is big enough for a man to spread his arms, puff out his chest and breath deep and still people are so defensive. Why would so many of you be scared of a slave? Do you actually think I am superior? Will knocking me down satisfy you about yourself? Are you afraid you will work for me or rent from me? Does that look in my eyes echo your own bewilderment at the plethora of options available to you? Or are you just stuck in your own dreams, small as they are to pop a frigate or a rock?

But I digress. What I'm really wondering about is how you shape and mold your dreams, What drives you to advance? Is it all about the ISK, the space, the ship? Or is it to have more friends, less friends? Are you all about making EVE a better place? Or is your heaven making it even worse?

I like to perfect a process a ship or a structure or framework. Perhaps you do too. But to what end? Do the Angels really see that my thinning them out leaves more for them. Do asteroids dream and do their endorphins flush when I pop them? Do Ice cubes squeal in space like cubes on a griddle? Whats it look like from the other side?

These things I need to know.

What the hell you back? Are you finally giving up your things yet? I see you didn't see the doctor bout that ugly mug yet.. Want me to make the appointment?
Randey Miromme
My Wormhole Hurts
#27 - 2013-09-05 12:07:58 UTC
Tanuki Kittybeta wrote:
In space noone can eat ice cream

Truly the only content here.....

Now form a conga line for the OP and "Snap out of it...","Snap out of it...","Snap out of it...","Snap out of it..."
CCP Stillman
C C P
C C P Alliance
#28 - 2013-09-05 12:20:06 UTC
Tanuki Kittybeta wrote:
In space noone can eat ice cream

You ruined my dream. Now my feelings are hurt too! Sad

Just a random dude in Team Security.

Tuggboat
Oneida Inc.
#29 - 2013-09-05 15:19:03 UTC
No one understands me so instead they cast aspersions. There is no more important discussion than how to create and plan our dreams whatever they are and no closer metaphor since we live in a universe of corporations than to view the players we participate in this spectacal and drama with as customers.

Even a pirates victims are customers for instance. Also CCP is one of their customers. Pirates and gankers sell excitement, without them everything would be boring. They sell Risk, the customers feels hears and sees what they do in eve because of them. Without them CCP would cease to exist so CCP needs their service and many are will ing to sell.

It could be a miner knowing his railguns end up in null, an Indy sprinkling the Universe with wares to refit, an explorer selling print to an incusrsion guy or FW guy that in turrn sells lp but were all customers.

I could have talked of heroes and tales of brave ulysses sailing the stars and encountering one eyed bearded monsters. Perhaps hollywoods screenplays would make a better template for content with their simple breaks and turning points and resolutions but no. Instead I spoke of dreams, adding value to the game as a business would to a society and that starts one of two ways. Either looking at ourselves, second nature, or looking at our customers, our corp mates, our targets.

I feel so misunderstood, My feelings are hurt.
Lazy Eagle
Capsuleer Outfitters
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#30 - 2013-09-05 16:05:50 UTC
Wow, i came to this thread for tears, and left ...... confused? NO ICECREAM?!?, call nasa, cancel it all, there is no point without icecream.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-09-05 17:55:30 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Ryhss wrote:
You can't breathe deeply in space, there's no oxygen....
... you can breathe in non-oxygen atmospheres too ...

... and then you die ...

lol.

Depends, you can breathe helium/oxygen and some other funky stuff but not really carbonic monoxide, at least not very long but you feel good for a moment Lol

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Previous page12