These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

CCP Karkur I LOVE YOU !!!

First post First post
Author
Sarah Harpoon
Lootbox Kaboom Inc
#21 - 2013-09-04 08:37:26 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Sorry for ruining the mood.. but:

With the the attribute layout, I find myself requiring way more eye movement to skim through attributes. Not sure if it's really more ergonomic that way.

This. It's faster for me to open up EVEmon and read attributes instead of trying to correlate the attributes to their titles, since they're so far away. And then I end up doublechecking for the same reason.

Sure, it looks better, but it's more difficult to read.
Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#22 - 2013-09-04 09:07:52 UTC
Plus Karkur found time to work on the wonderful sleeves, even on her vacation! It was great to meet her during the GDC party in SF (she really does look like her avatar) and I wish I had brought the issue of Eon with her interview to get signed.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-09-04 09:17:17 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Regan Rotineque wrote:
Kan i your babies haz ???

Seriously the attributes for the ships - 1 million times better !!!! Its like a whole new EvE :)

*blushes*
I'm glad you like it, but I'm pretty sure that if I had babies I wouldn't give them to some random guy on the internet!!! Blink

what about the guristas mittens?

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-09-04 11:33:04 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I gotta say, I'm pretty jealous of CCP Karkur.
I can't think of anyone else at CCP who consistently gets so much praise and so little criticism for their work.

karkur just sits at her desk and spends her entire day quietly mining awesomium.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Satchu Phaidon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-09-04 12:10:34 UTC
Sarah Harpoon wrote:
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Sorry for ruining the mood.. but:

With the the attribute layout, I find myself requiring way more eye movement to skim through attributes. Not sure if it's really more ergonomic that way.

This. It's faster for me to open up EVEmon and read attributes instead of trying to correlate the attributes to their titles, since they're so far away. And then I end up doublechecking for the same reason.

Sure, it looks better, but it's more difficult to read.

Exactly; I can't understand why people like the new attributes list so much. Yes, it may be clearer, but that doesn't mean it is easier to scan down the list and see what's what. Wider windows make it infinitely worse, too.
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2013-09-04 12:58:09 UTC
Disturbing and a little alarming.

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#27 - 2013-09-04 17:35:29 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP karkur
dexington wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
Regan Rotineque wrote:
Kan i your babies haz ???

Seriously the attributes for the ships - 1 million times better !!!! Its like a whole new EvE :)

*blushes*
I'm glad you like it, but I'm pretty sure that if I had babies I wouldn't give them to some random guy on the internet!!! Blink

what about the guristas mittens?
I already gave them to a random guy from the internet!P
(gave away both the Guristas and the Angel Cartel ones to guys in my pubcrawl group at FanfestSmile)
(btw, I'm going to keep bumping this thread because it's so good for my self-confidence to have it on the first page Blink)

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-09-04 18:14:51 UTC
Satchu Phaidon wrote:
Exactly; I can't understand why people like the new attributes list so much. Yes, it may be clearer, but that doesn't mean it is easier to scan down the list and see what's what. Wider windows make it infinitely worse, too.

One way to make it easier would be to alternate between two slightly different background shades, which would make it easier for the eye to track across.

Reminds me of the old days of fanfold computer printouts.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Yabba Addict
Perkone
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-09-04 18:57:52 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

After a few weeks of 4AM feeds, you'll be tempted to take any volunteer who offers.

Haha, the good old days...just wait until they're hormonal emotional tornadoesLol
Charlie Nonoke
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#30 - 2013-09-04 20:13:51 UTC
Can someone show me a before and after of the attributes thing?
Some how I don't notice anything different...
Nick Kumamoto
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-09-04 21:10:50 UTC
CCP Karkur - I want mittens too....of the Gurista kind. Big smile

Seriously though. Frickin' great job on the UI stuff. Me like lots!!

Most of what I write in terms of posts and/or comments is meant as "tongue-in-cheek", i.e. part irony, part sarcasm but meant in good fun.

On a more serious note. I want to marry CCP karkur. Is there a EVE dating service I can call?

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#32 - 2013-09-04 21:47:54 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
I will forget about every one of these changes untill I am about to dock up.

Even the Drone UI changes? Smile

Excellent work, as always.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#33 - 2013-09-04 21:55:57 UTC
Yabba Addict wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

After a few weeks of 4AM feeds, you'll be tempted to take any volunteer who offers.

Haha, the good old days...just wait until they're hormonal emotional tornadoesLol

Being an uncle is enough for me.

Mmmm blessed quiet

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-09-04 23:49:39 UTC

[/quote]

Being an uncle is enough for me.

Mmmm blessed quiet[/quote]

With 4 nephews and one niece I hear ya.

The niece is the apple of my eye and does no wrong.

Thanks again CCP Karkur.....go see if you can talk some sense into the other guys there Big smile

Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2013-09-04 23:51:55 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Satchu Phaidon wrote:

One way to make it easier would be to alternate between two slightly different background shades, which would make it easier for the eye to track across.

Reminds me of the old days of fanfold computer printouts.

great suggestion Trebor - alternating color or shading

at first when i saw the new screen i was like wtf... but then after just a resizing of the window it works very well. I find it infinitely easier to read but does take that extra step of shrinking.

Puissant
Tempora Heroica
#36 - 2013-09-05 00:15:06 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
The font in info seem to be smaller than before, and the fitting modules info order is from low to high, should be other way around I think, also, why not make everything aligned to the left?

+1.

I'm coming out strongly against variables on the left and values on the right separated by 17 inches of empty screen space. Who makes a two column spreadsheet and puts 17 inches between them?
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#37 - 2013-09-05 00:17:13 UTC
This thread makes me wish I had time to log in past the skill que.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#38 - 2013-09-05 13:57:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Puissant wrote:
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
The font in info seem to be smaller than before, and the fitting modules info order is from low to high, should be other way around I think, also, why not make everything aligned to the left?

+1.

I'm coming out strongly against variables on the left and values on the right separated by 17 inches of empty screen space. Who makes a two column spreadsheet and puts 17 inches between them?

Unless your monitor is the size of a billiard table I seriously doubt that. Smile

It's probably be a good idea to alternate shades per line as suggested above, to help out those that never quite got the knack of reading from left to right like the rest of us. Big smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#39 - 2013-09-05 14:58:14 UTC
shield: value%
armor: value%

or

shield: value%
armor: value%

?
Look, forum is merging empty spaces, I could not put them in 2 upper lines, there is no align to right also on the forums. This is soooo funny and original. Lol
Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#40 - 2013-09-05 15:06:07 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
With the new attribute layout, I find myself requiring way more eye movement to skim through attributes. Not sure if it's really more ergonomic that way.

I'm finding the new attribute format hard to adjust to as well. I've established a work-around, which is to pull in the edges of that box horizontally, so that the labels and the data are only a few skinny centimeters apart.

I'll be the first to admit that this is a kissing-your-sister response to the problem, because all the other tabs on that box scream for a wide format, necessitating back-and-forth readjustments.

But for the most part, I give O1.1 three thumbs up out of two.

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Previous page123Next page