These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Odyssey 1.1 Feedback

First post
Author
Angus Adalwin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2013-09-04 04:12:38 UTC
Have not actually tried anything out due to faulty internet, but upon seeing the renamed and reorganized skill tree through EVEMon, I was very pleasantly surprised. The skills appear to have been, in general, renamed very well. Having "CPU management," for example, is so much clearer :)
Horza Phlebas
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#82 - 2013-09-04 04:41:04 UTC
BEFORE patch, Probe results were sorted into:

1.Ships as Brackets,
2.Sigs as Red dots,
3.Structures as little Icons,
4.Warp Bubbles as Round Icons.
5. etc

After Patch:

Red dots
Red dots
Red dots
Red dots
Red dots
Red dots
Red dots
Red dots
Red dots
Red dots
Red dots
Red dots

This is terrible! Please tell me it is a bug...
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#83 - 2013-09-04 04:43:36 UTC
I still have some things to look at since loggin in today. But the skill tree thing is so freaking confusing now it took me a moment to realize what i was training for......

IF SOMEONE doesnt have half a brain for this game then they dont belong here. This means noobs that are stupid....that cant learn to play....that prefer theme park style games.....this is not a theme park style game and nor do i wish it to be.

I want my noobie players to be smart....i want them to be able to immerse themselves into the a game a little bit if not the stories i want them to be able to think for themselves.

PLEASE STOP with the stupid changes that are dumbing this game down.....I for one would be more than welcome to start ganking every noob player that comes into this game thinking its going to be easy. Its not.
Game mechanics and certain things need time to learn by experienced players teaching them or if the player is smart able to learn from mistakes. And if they cant....well i dont want them part of my group or corps that i am....and when thye cant be part of something cause they are stupid.....thats when you lose player base and get bad rep in other sites.

I dont play anything game for example like Rift/Star Trek Online/ WOW/ etc etc becasue they are pathetic. CCP quit trying to self destruct....if you wish to do that dont take us with you. Leave the stuff like names and skills alone.....let us Veterans pick and choose and train the players we wish to have along with us. All your doing now setting it up for noobies to be disdained into black hole corner somewhere getting shot at randomly till they quit.

If you want to work on something.....give us the ability to walk in stations....setting up shops or what not....integrate dust and eve better as a working universe....or give us the ability to start figuring out how to create/design our own custom ships or something.....something more useful than this load of crap you keep trying to feed us....ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JITA RIOT?
DovannaG
Miner's Revenge
#84 - 2013-09-04 04:45:45 UTC
The only place where I have ever heard of one being better than two is in CCP's EveOnline. Oh, that has to be right because that's what they said when they made one mindlink better than having two(via a second char). No way should that happen, and if so, I want a refund of some sort because I specifically trained two different characters for that specific purpose. There is no way this change could be justified as it stands. I could see the faction mindlinks equal or even slightly better in one discipline but the other should not be. You've just eliminated people training two characters and pissed off the ones who already have.
DovannaG
Miner's Revenge
#85 - 2013-09-04 05:13:55 UTC
XxD3s7r0y3rxX wrote:
I'm not too crazy about the mindlink nerf. 37.5% would've been fair.

Plus they made having one better than two. go figure!
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2013-09-04 05:47:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Spring Heeled Jim wrote:
I cannot fit my armour legion since the patch - not enough powergrid. What have you silently nerfed?

If you need CPU/PG Implants to fit a Ship... your not ready for it.
They reduced the CA implants CPU/PG output.

My Double Plated HAM MWD Legion is still going strong. Nothing got nerved on the T3 ships besides the Booster modules.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Countess Sorsha
Nosgoth Directorate
#87 - 2013-09-04 06:10:42 UTC
All right, so it appears not much change has been done with the gate jump animation.

But CCP please do consider the possibility of toning down the audio FX when jumping. It simply put is too damn loud in comparison to everything else. The volume level frustrates the rest of my household to no end and is of particular nuisance when traveling through multiple systems.

Please consider this feedback. IMHO I believe it to be fair, and like all other constructive discussion items in this thread, would warrant some kind of response.
Nadja Dobrovodsky
Raccoon Covenant
Fraternity.
#88 - 2013-09-04 06:36:18 UTC
"Warfare links (other than mining links) can no longer be activated inside a starbase forcefield "

Yeah right, one more disadvantage for solar system defenders.

Infiltrator2112
Untitled Goose Corporation
#89 - 2013-09-04 07:34:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Infiltrator2112
Michael Loney wrote:
Just something I noticed while reading this thread, the people who are negative all have very few likes. The positive comments were from people with many likes. Since more likes generally indicates better forum posts ( format, topic words ) then I would take these people's opinions as much more important that he ones without likes (especially the older ones. )

Wow.... That actually made me a little bit angry. Beeing a "1337-Forum-Warrior" does not make your posting better.

Because I prefer playing the game instead of posting on the forums, my opinion is less important or less right than yours?
And posting a lot equals better posting?
And all those players who never post on the forums are terrible and have no idea of the game?

Comming back to topic, please get your stuff sorted CCP, making us discover half of the patchnotes by ourselves is bad, mkay?

And forcing links out of POSes it a very good first step in the right direction, just like the HAC balancing.
Also, Infomorph Synch is the best thing ever invented after Exotic Dancers Cool
Atreides 47
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2013-09-04 07:48:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Atreides 47
Soldarius wrote:
Aww.... Winmatar not so win anymore? Cry moar. My tear cup runneth over.

Good job, CCP. Now you just need to complete the obliteration of tech 3 OP-ness and removal of silly sov mechanics, and eve will be awesome again.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m55o9e3lBl1qasthro1_250.gif
Matars are not f2 win for about 3 years now. Looks like old butthurt from Caldari thrash driver Coolhttp://i.imgur.com/pvN0G.gif
Caldari ships is so win...for shooting red crosses Pirate

http://i.imgur.com/MejTGfL.jpg

Long Live the Fighters !

CCP and nerfs - http://i.imgur.com/MejTGfL.jpg

Ang Min
CPD Adventures Pte. Ltd.
#91 - 2013-09-04 08:16:30 UTC
This was already posted in the Odyssey 1.1 scan probe changes topic, but since that was kind of a "pre-release" thread and this one is post-release, I'd like to link it here as well, in case there's a better chance someone at CCP will see it:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3568202#post3568202
(Summary: move the "Recover Probes" button away from the "Scan" button, and remove the "Destroy Active Probes" button completely).
Wiccan999
Starwinders
#92 - 2013-09-04 08:28:10 UTC
I have a problem with the autopilot route dissapearing when jumping trough gates, it dissapears with the system information and that is anoying , while im jumping trough the gate and I im persuit, I really wanna know the next system in route BEFORE I enter that system. This is really irritating.

All other changes I can deal with...
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#93 - 2013-09-04 08:30:39 UTC
Whereas I realize there are numerous people changing aspects to the game at CCP, sometimes I wonder if they do not talk among themselves to keep a sense of flavor retained to the game.

CCP added the jump game animation to retain a sense of immersion jumping from system to system.

CCP changed the simple names of various industrial ships into more colorful descriptions.

CCP changed various modules, skills, and the skill tree from colorful, elaborately wordings with flavor into sterile descriptions to appease potentially (dumb) new players.

Or is CCP a bit bipolar?
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#94 - 2013-09-04 08:36:10 UTC
When a rat dies now i get a big black notification telling me i've lost my target lock and all modules directed at it will now deactivate.
Ugly and dumb.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Hanna Cyrus
Spessart Rebellen
#95 - 2013-09-04 09:09:48 UTC
I like the idea to bring more new players into eve. I don't like the fact that i can't help them now as i used to, because the skil names has changed. A friend of mine play german client, i english client, it screws me up to explain something about skills.

He ask me what ship i enjoy the most to fly and why, what he should skill. I answerd spare the ship T2 skills they don't be worth the effort to skill them anymore, stay at T1 they are cheap, they are fun and he can choose any race, the are now near all equal.

Thats the point. Don't balance the game to mishmash, we love the game cause there are choices and consequences. Where are the differences? Weapons, ships will be more equally - it will be easier for new players, but the most players, there play that game are older players like me. Overthink a few changes, listen a bit more to the community, but not too much.
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#96 - 2013-09-04 09:29:16 UTC
So mining gets yet another boost while small gang to medium gang pvp combat boosters get nerfed into obvilion. We will have to suicidegank as many orcas as possible as answer to that.

Hacs look fine so far (never cared to fly a Vaga anyway - lol).
Command ship changes look fine (maybe except Claymore....Hams...really?)

This just in: If you paint a pig blue it still IS a pig

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2013-09-04 09:49:41 UTC
Nadja Dobrovodsky wrote:
"Warfare links (other than mining links) can no longer be activated inside a starbase forcefield "

Yeah right, one more disadvantage for solar system defenders.

You can still use your near-unprobable T3s or bring link ship to grid.
Mal Masters
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2013-09-04 10:09:01 UTC
The new camera tracking is terrible imo Ugh, I don't like it when my ship disappears from my screen when the camera moves to the object I'm about to warp to. I would rather have it that my ship stays in the center of the screen and the back drop moves to the object I'm heading for.Straight

The name changes are great for the most part, will help the new players out I think, wish they were like that when I first started Blink. Also like the new skill group changes as well.
May O'Neez
Flying Blacksmiths
#99 - 2013-09-04 11:03:36 UTC
Launcher:
- not convenient at all for multiboxing, makes feel doing 2x operations as much as before
- regarding new player experience: in-game login with animations and such were VERY immersive and had a good feeling for a first encounter in the game. Now we just feel like logging to WoT or LoL until we actually arrive in space / hangar

Overview:
- The new tracking system is not convenient and very disturbing. I have a friend that I tried to teach EVE and he was totally lost until I made him disable this almost-hidden setting in the "selected item" options menu. BTW the option menu icon in 1920x1080 is almost as big as the overload rack icons.

Drones
- difficult to launch drones in space with the drag and drop since most of the time it rather activates the radial menu. I was forced to increase the delay. BTW having the "return drones" in a submenu is not a good idea IMHO
Steijn
Quay Industries
#100 - 2013-09-04 12:35:05 UTC
NPC Rats

could you give some indication of what exactly you changed with these but failed to put into the patch notes. I (and others) are noticing increased resists/EHP on certain ships which have only appeared since yesterdays patch.

If these have been changed, then details need providing.

If they havent been changed, then you have a bug somewhere in your coding.