These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Bestower outhauls Itty V? are you kidding?

First post
Author
Desimus Maximus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-09-04 02:00:11 UTC
So another screwover by CCP? According to the patch notes the Bestower will now out haul the Itty V.. Meaning that for a second patch in a row, those of us who spent a month skilling for the Itty V are getting screwed again.

This is bullshit.
That Seems Legit
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-09-04 02:03:16 UTC
gallente have 5 industrials. Is there anything else you'd like to cry about?

Damns - you're ugly - and that's a compliment from me. -Large Collidable Object Seeking donations for facial reconstructive surgery, every little bit helps!

Desimus Maximus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-09-04 02:04:38 UTC
That Seems Legit wrote:

Ya, being forced to skill into another ******* indy V
That Seems Legit
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-09-04 02:05:31 UTC
Desimus Maximus wrote:
That Seems Legit wrote:

No ones forcing you to do anything.

Damns - you're ugly - and that's a compliment from me. -Large Collidable Object Seeking donations for facial reconstructive surgery, every little bit helps!

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#5 - 2013-09-04 02:07:09 UTC
There has been discussion about this change for a decent length of time: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=252819&find=unread

Part of playing the game is either reading the forums to her about what changes are coming down the line, or accepting that your favourite playstyle will inevitably be nerfed.
45thtiger 0109
Already Replaced.
#6 - 2013-09-04 02:08:17 UTC
That Seems Legit wrote:
Desimus Maximus wrote:
That Seems Legit wrote:

No ones forcing you to do anything.

LOL agreed with the above quote. RollPLol

**You Have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good.

Welcome to EvE OnLiNe**

Desimus Maximus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-09-04 02:13:07 UTC
Congratulations. you win the internet argument. I give up. Despite the blatant finger to players from CCP 2 patches in a row. If you enjoy constantly having your time wasted (i.e. month of skilling for Itty V) without fair compensation that's your prerogative.
Adacia Calla
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-09-04 02:22:12 UTC
I've had Minmatar Indy 5 for a hair over 7 years. I've never felt compelled to train Gallente Indy 5 as well.

Test signature....forum not applying settings :(

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#9 - 2013-09-04 02:22:57 UTC
The Iteron mark V has not lost one square metre of cargo space. How is this a screwover? You can carry just as much as you've always been able to. Why should you get compensation?
Baggo Hammers
#10 - 2013-09-04 02:24:08 UTC
As noted the patch changes related to your ship were announced in June.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#11 - 2013-09-04 02:29:12 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
The Iteron mark V has not lost one square metre of cargo space. How is this a screwover? You can carry just as much as you've always been able to. Why should you get compensation?

This.^

I may skill into a Bestower... Or I may not. My Ity-V still moves my fuel blocks up into the WH as well as ever.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Lady Areola Fappington
#12 - 2013-09-04 02:44:39 UTC
Wait a sec, you need Gal indy 5 to fly an itty 5? Did something change? I swear I've been tootling around in an itty5, with gal Indy 2 trained...

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-09-04 02:46:38 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Wait a sec, you need Gal indy 5 to fly an itty 5? Did something change? I swear I've been tootling around in an itty5, with gal Indy 2 trained...

The number of the Iteron corresponds to the skill level you need to fly it. It's always been this way.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-09-04 02:51:34 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:

Not true. But then again, the difference isn't enough to complain about, IMO.

The OP's complaint is, however, valid in that it's a symptom of a larger problem. That problem is CCP's shell game of ship stat and skill requirement changes in the guise of an "expansion".

Don't ban me, bro!

Lady Areola Fappington
#15 - 2013-09-04 02:52:14 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

The number of the Iteron corresponds to the skill level you need to fly it. It's always been this way.

You might wanna check the reqs on an Itty 5 then. My hauler alt has Gallente Industrial 1, and flys an Itty 5 around.

According to E-Uni You need Gall Indy 1 and Spaceship command 3 to fly it.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-09-04 02:54:37 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

You might wanna check the reqs on an Itty 5 then. My hauler alt has Gallente Industrial 1, and flys an Itty 5 around.

My apologies, it appears I am mistaken. I could of sworn it was the other way around.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#17 - 2013-09-04 02:56:46 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

My apologies, it appears I am mistaken. I could of sworn it was the other way around.

Recent patch changes reduce prerequisite training.

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2013-09-04 02:57:16 UTC
Adacia Calla wrote:
I've had Minmatar Indy 5 for a hair over 7 years. I've never felt compelled to train Gallente Indy 5 as well.

I have all of them, along with every other subcap.

Nerfproof, the only way to go.

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#19 - 2013-09-04 03:01:10 UTC
No, they are not kidding. Now there is *gasp* actually a reason to have any other racial hauler skill. What a crime, right? Roll

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#20 - 2013-09-04 03:18:26 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

The industrials all required level 1 of their respective skills from about June: http://jestertrek.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/week-in-life-iteron-mark-v.html
123Next page