These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Less low slots on the new haulers please.

First post
Author
Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-09-04 01:28:24 UTC
Dear CCP,

Warp stabs are not the answer to your care bear problem. I just checked out these new haulers, and found they have plenty of low slots that use to be full of cargo expanders. Now that cargo expanders won't really do much for these new PI, mineral, and ore holds people will start filling every low they have with warp core stabs. I would like to either see an agility penalty added to warp core stabs or less low slots on these new haulers so i can at least catch them without having both a faction and T2 scram taking up 2 of my mids. It's bad enough I have to fit a warp scram worth the price of my ship to catch most W-space dwellers but to have 2 mid slots taken up by warp scrams is a bit much.

Best wishes
Lexar Mundi



(Yes I know bubbles are great, but when most W-space dwellers log off at the first sign of combat now days and you don't see them again for weeks.... Also the fact indy ships are... err sorry use to be fun to hunt solo in a scan ship with poor dps yeah those days have ended. There will be a lot less solo WH roamers after the last few patches we have seen.)
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#2 - 2013-09-04 01:34:55 UTC
Eh... Meh.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#3 - 2013-09-04 01:35:37 UTC
except adding agility penalties to stabs wouldn't make sense
also if you can't properly hold down a guy who knows how to fly haulers, that's your problem, not CCP's

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Aiwha
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2013-09-04 01:35:46 UTC
How about you use a bubble like a normal person and stop bitching about your ez kills.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Delen Ormand
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-09-04 01:37:55 UTC
Are you saying it's all too difficult for you now and you can't cope?
Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-09-04 01:39:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexar Mundi
Aiwha wrote:
How about you use a bubble like a normal person and stop bitching about your ez kills.

put a bubble up in W-space and see what happens. The people who live there won't log on for a week and then a week later will use a bomber to kill it. (because they can cloak at the first sign of trouble to hide from big bad wormhole people who PvP.)


Then again, in your own words from another thread...

#42Posted: 2013.07.12 15:12
Quote:
Put a WCS on your mining barge. Problem solved.
Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-09-04 01:41:29 UTC
Delen Ormand wrote:
Are you saying it's all too difficult for you now and you can't cope?

I can cope, but i would like to fly more than an Arazu when i go WH diving.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#8 - 2013-09-04 01:45:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
I thought WH dwellers were made of sterner stuff. The OP sounds more like a FW snowflake.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-09-04 01:48:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexar Mundi
Mag's wrote:
I though WH dwellers were made of sterner stuff. The OP sounds more like a FW snowflake.

nah most W-space dwellers don't log in but to update skills/PI anymore :P

Most of the time I'm sitting in a pilgrim or a prote 80km off of a tower waiting days or weeks for someone to log in in a random WH while i play another game. If I even log on at all. W space is dead.
Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#10 - 2013-09-04 02:10:07 UTC
Aiwha wrote:
How about you use a bubble like a normal person and stop bitching about your ez kills.


Because bubbles work in lowsec.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-09-04 02:13:42 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:
Aiwha wrote:
How about you use a bubble like a normal person and stop bitching about your ez kills.


Because bubbles work in lowsec.

I think hes taking a shot at me because I'm in a W-space corp.

Because we all know W-space people never try to kill anyone in low sec. *sarcasm*
ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#12 - 2013-09-04 02:26:46 UTC
Carebear problem? Those haulers are flying around in low/null/WH space.
You're whining about how you can't catch completely risk free targets that can't fight back.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Delen Ormand
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-09-04 02:39:33 UTC
Lexar Mundi wrote:
Delen Ormand wrote:
Are you saying it's all too difficult for you now and you can't cope?

I can cope, but i would like to fly more than an Arazu when i go WH diving.


Maybe I'm just being dense here - it's possible, it's late and I'm tired - but I'm struggling to see what your point is. Unless you're saying that the change is bad because it means you now can't do what you want to do in the type of ship you want to do it in? But then you say you can cope if you fly a different ship, so I'm not sure what the big deal is..? I mean, choosing the right ship for the job is just part of the game, isn't it?
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-09-04 02:58:35 UTC
Someone doesn't understand how the new holds work....


People bitching about something they are completely wrong about, par for the course for the eve forums.

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-09-04 03:10:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexar Mundi
Delen Ormand wrote:
Lexar Mundi wrote:
Delen Ormand wrote:
Are you saying it's all too difficult for you now and you can't cope?

I can cope, but i would like to fly more than an Arazu when i go WH diving.


Maybe I'm just being dense here - it's possible, it's late and I'm tired - but I'm struggling to see what your point is. Unless you're saying that the change is bad because it means you now can't do what you want to do in the type of ship you want to do it in? But then you say you can cope if you fly a different ship, so I'm not sure what the big deal is..? I mean, choosing the right ship for the job is just part of the game, isn't it?

What I am saying is it's pretty hard to have every ship with you when you WH dive Normally I would fly a pilgrim, Prote, ect. Something with a probe launcher, a cloak so i don't run off half of W space by being decloaked, and either dps or neuts. a lot of these ships have very specific mid slots you need to be able to defend yourself and attack targets of opportunity. In W space you can search 15 wormholes and find 1 target. If you miss that target your entire night is shot. Its either going to be some guy running sites, or it's going to be a hauler doing PI. Now instead of being able to catch the hauler and the guy running sites, depending on what every i find that night, I will have a 50/50 chance i brought the right ship with me to catch one or the other. If i bring the ship that can withstand rats+ a dps ship shooting at me I cant catch the hauler. If i bring the ship that can catch the hauler (Most likely an Arazu because of how many mids it's got.) I won't be able to touch the guy running sites. It's not about "Oh look at me I can attack a hauler with no way of fighting back." it's more like "Oh hey I've been looking for PvP for hours and i finally found something to shoot.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2013-09-04 03:13:34 UTC
Just alpha the damn thing, its not like they are going to fit a tank.
Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2013-09-04 03:16:19 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Just alpha the damn thing, its not like they are going to fit a tank.

I will make sure to tell my drones to do that when I am flying my pilgrim next time. Tengu ehhh maybe if my missiles get to the target fast enough. But yes you are right I could probably do that in my prote.
Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2013-09-04 03:19:55 UTC
Eram Fidard wrote:
Someone doesn't understand how the new holds work....


People bitching about something they are completely wrong about, par for the course for the eve forums.

How am I wrong sir?
Peter Raptor
Galactic Hawks
#19 - 2013-09-04 03:23:06 UTC
I see so now catching haulers will ACTUALLY make you think and plan, unlike before, and you're sad about that?? Roll

Evelopedia; 

The Amarr Empire, is known for its omnipresent religion  †  

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2013-09-04 03:26:09 UTC
Peter Raptor wrote:
I see so now catching haulers will ACTUALLY make you think and plan, unlike before, and you're sad about that?? Roll


This requires the haulers to fit things other than cargo extenders.
123Next pageLast page