These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Do Level 4 missions pay too much compared to 1 through 3?

First post First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#501 - 2013-09-03 23:55:21 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:

That's horse ****, high sec is not perfect safety, you've obviously never been wardecced. Take a look at the map most days more people die in highsec than in low or null. I've lived in null and if you are in the right corp and blue to lots of people, you can farm isk all day long. It's safer than highsec.

Please point out where I said perfect safety.

Also most one man corps will never be wardeced and those that are can drop to NPC corps to avoid the wardec or just be in an NPC corp to start with. Null is not safer than high sec due to the fact that null does not have concord to protect you. Anoyone who says high sec in more dangerous is spouting nonsense.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#502 - 2013-09-03 23:57:59 UTC
probag Bear wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
At this point I will again point out that level 4 missions offer around the same level of income as null sec.

Easy solution: run L4 missions in nullsec. You can easily break 250mil/hr if you don't waste your time salvaging.

There may be one or two issues with stuffing 40000 into 5 systems in venal.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#503 - 2013-09-03 23:59:39 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Caliph Muhammed wrote:

Apples and oranges. Ratting and missions are two different income opportunities.

Anoms are our variation of missions in sov null.

What is the point in owning and defending an empire in null if the best option is to make our isk outside of it in high sec? This is the problem, high sec offers too much for little effort or risk.

I'm kinda curious about the anom running. Let's say someone was not exactly scared of appearing in a ALOD article, what kind of ticks could a bling fitted ship get if he had free access to anoms like missions can be farmed? Has anyone ever done it or is the potential ship loss always driving people away from this idea?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#504 - 2013-09-04 00:09:37 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Frostys Virpio wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Caliph Muhammed wrote:

Apples and oranges. Ratting and missions are two different income opportunities.

What is the point in owning and defending an empire in null if the best option is to make our isk outside of it in high sec? This is the problem, high sec offers too much for little effort or risk.

I'm kinda curious about the anom running. Let's say someone was not exactly scared of appearing in a ALOD article, what kind of ticks could a bling fitted ship get if he had free access to anoms like missions can be farmed? Has anyone ever done it or is the potential ship loss always driving people away from this idea?

There was a time people did them in blap titans.

I think some russians still run them in supers, I know of one RA Nyx that got blown up in one when his bot went wrong last year.

With todays patch I would expect to see a lot of ishtars.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#505 - 2013-09-04 00:22:55 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Caliph Muhammed wrote:

There was a time people did them in blap titans.

I think some russians still run them in supers, I know of one RA Nyx that got blown up in one when his bot went wrong last year.

With todays patch I would expect to see a lot of ishtars.

Yeah but is it the equivalent in power to a pimp fitted mach for missioning? How does the income stacks up approximately?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#506 - 2013-09-04 00:44:22 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:

Yeah but is it the equivalent in power to a pimp fitted mach for missioning? How does the income stacks up approximately?

When you factor in downtime for things like that neut in local or too many in system doing anoms then you might as well be doing level 4s. Around the same isk but much less risk and no downtime. ISboxing anoms also works with missions and can earn you crazy sums of cash. Incursions are a better option for one account people though.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#507 - 2013-09-04 00:56:29 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
March rabbit wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Alright highsec people why should something you can do in complete safety be more lucrative than something you cannot do in complete safety?

Alright 0.0 person why do you think high-sec == "complete safety"? Other 0.0 people would like to have word with you Cool

Add bombs, bubbles, nerf concord, make npcs more deadly and add AFK cloaking to highsec then we can agree that highsec is not completely safe.

Another perfect example of flinging **** on the wall. Muddle the definition of "complete safety" and throw it against the wall. Cross your fingers and hope it sticks :P.

Glad to see we agree that highsec is completely safe. Continue to live in your echo chamber where you only want to hear opinions in-line with your own and stubbornly ignore facts eloquently provided to you while viciously spewing venom at dissenting opinions or non-supportive facts.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#508 - 2013-09-04 01:53:23 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
March rabbit wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Alright highsec people why should something you can do in complete safety be more lucrative than something you cannot do in complete safety?

Alright 0.0 person why do you think high-sec == "complete safety"? Other 0.0 people would like to have word with you Cool

Add bombs, bubbles, nerf concord, make npcs more deadly and add AFK cloaking to highsec then we can agree that highsec is not completely safe.

Another perfect example of flinging **** on the wall. Muddle the definition of "complete safety" and throw it against the wall. Cross your fingers and hope it sticks :P.

Glad to see we agree that highsec is completely safe. Continue to live in your echo chamber where you only want to hear opinions in-line with your own and stubbornly ignore facts eloquently provided to you while viciously spewing venom at dissenting opinions or non-supportive facts.

Let's accuse other people of ignoring the fact while making assumption that high sec is completely safe while ignoring the fact of the possibility of running an interdiction... High sec sure is completely safe when someone can blow up someone else's ship...

Spreading lies does not help...
The Greenmachine Greenmachine
Green's Bicycle Shop
#509 - 2013-09-04 01:54:59 UTC
I laugh at how OP considers missions at any level good isk. I also laugh at everybody arguing over something so unprofitable
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#510 - 2013-09-04 02:17:11 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Let's accuse other people of ignoring the fact while making assumption that high sec is completely safe while ignoring the fact of the possibility of running an interdiction... High sec sure is completely safe when someone can blow up someone else's ship...

Spreading lies does not help...

If you can find away around the ~highsec intellectual echo chamber~ let me know until then their method has been proven to work so I am going to use it.

Highsec is safe and pays better than nullsec.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#511 - 2013-09-04 03:59:50 UTC  |  Edited by: MatrixSkye Mk2
La Nariz wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
March rabbit wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Like the "eloquent fact" that hi sec is "completely safe", right? There is a sense of desperation with you lot that only gets more obvious as you post your nonsense drivel. So you'll have to forgive me for not taking your "eloquent facts" seriously.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#512 - 2013-09-04 04:19:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Onictus
baltec1 wrote:
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
At this point I will again point out that level 4 missions offer around the same level of income as null sec.

Running around in a shiffit cruisers in nullsec is no more riskier than a multi billion dollar blingship in hisec. I don't see the issue. Assuming of course this statement is even close to true. Risk versus reward is not an absolute. You are not taking more risk just by the virtue of being in nullsec. Its all situation dependent.

What nullsec wants to do is convince CCP that they must be making 50-100 times the income of hisec just by virtue of the little red sec number.

So you dock up when a neut enters local in high sec? You get hotdrops? You can be kicked out of you station system?

Sorry but high sec is damn near perfect safety and null if far from that. The issue is that there is no reason to take on the much higher risks of low and null while level 4s offer around the same income with near perfect safsty.

That's horse ****, high sec is not perfect safety, you've obviously never been wardecced. Take a look at the map most days more people die in highsec than in low or null. I've lived in null and if you are in the right corp and blue to lots of people, you can farm isk all day long. It's safer than highsec.

Wrong, most null alliances are dec'd 7 months out of the year.

And having blues does nothing to stop cyno range. For example, from Serpentis Prime I can blops portal to nearly all of Fountain, including all of the good true sec systems.

And that is NPC space there is nothing we can do about the locals there.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#513 - 2013-09-04 04:32:02 UTC
Onictus wrote:

And having blues does nothing to stop cyno range. For example, from Serpentis Prime I can blops portal to nearly all of Fountain, including all of the good true sec systems.

7 month? I honestly though it was 12.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#514 - 2013-09-04 04:36:42 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Onictus wrote:

7 month? I honestly though it was 12.

I was being generous, right now I haven't been dec'd for a week and its a record for the last few months.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#515 - 2013-09-04 05:13:31 UTC
Please kill more idiots undocking in jita with an in-corp alt

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#516 - 2013-09-04 05:23:20 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Please kill more idiots undocking in jita with an in-corp alt

Preferably in a freighter.......there's always one.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#517 - 2013-09-04 05:35:38 UTC
Oh great, there are some other hilarious killmails which I've seen linked.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#518 - 2013-09-04 16:06:39 UTC
Onictus wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Running around in a shiffit cruisers in nullsec is no more riskier than a multi billion dollar blingship in hisec. I don't see the issue. Assuming of course this statement is even close to true. Risk versus reward is not an absolute. You are not taking more risk just by the virtue of being in nullsec. Its all situation dependent.

What nullsec wants to do is convince CCP that they must be making 50-100 times the income of hisec just by virtue of the little red sec number.

So you dock up when a neut enters local in high sec? You get hotdrops? You can be kicked out of you station system?

Sorry but high sec is damn near perfect safety and null if far from that. The issue is that there is no reason to take on the much higher risks of low and null while level 4s offer around the same income with near perfect safsty.

Life is so ******* hard for you. QQ I thought you guys wanted increased risk for the bigger rewards of null sec.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#519 - 2013-09-04 16:11:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Little Dragon Khamez

Kitty Bear wrote:

you never see the isk/hr or total isk earned comparisons presented in population density factors either ....
not that i'm claiming that certain people deliberately misrepresent any information they present of course

people presenting data that only supports their point of view ..... inconceivable

Yeah, so when are you going to stop...

Apologies for this post, I misunderstood you, English is not my first language, my bad, mea culpa :)

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#520 - 2013-09-04 18:04:37 UTC

Life is so ******* hard for you. QQ I thought you guys wanted increased risk for the bigger rewards of null sec.

Yeah, so where are the rewards? Given the same amount if time I can use three agents two systems and make the same amount in hi sec given equal amounts of time.

Without having to cyno around ships (because moving a ratting battleships solo is near suicide)
Without having to fight off tacklers
Without black ops drops
Without fighting off small gangs
Without dealing with sov
Without needing to go 25+ jumps to get to a market
Without staring at local

I don't know where people get the idea that "null is all empty and no one is ever there" apparently they don't know how to use dotlan or are out in Spire or somewhere equal cut off. In all of the regions I've operated in (which is most of the map) there is constant activity, a lot of which you have to deal with.