These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why EVE University is a Pox Upon this Game

Author
Illwill Bill
End of employment history
#61 - 2011-11-13 09:08:17 UTC
My old corp once got blobbed by 100+ Eve-U in T1 ewar cruisers. Good times.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#62 - 2011-11-13 09:20:25 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Written Word wrote:
How do you let a "carebear organization" make you cry so much?

Because CCP is starting to listen to the carebear whining and it is ruining this game. EVE University is at the forefront of that whining. They churn out most of the carebears in this game.

But you are a carebear too...

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Ann133566
Doomheim
#63 - 2011-11-13 09:27:54 UTC
I don't care what another corp does even if they are a bunch of hypocrites. It's not really an orginization that has an official role to play. They aren't particularly rich or powerful or even dangerous, they have influence, but can be ignored. I don't see why you think they matter.. sorry.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2011-11-13 09:28:38 UTC
For those interested in good times, Ship Toaster has begun Unigeddon -- ISK prizes and stuff for ganking Unistas.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#65 - 2011-11-13 10:13:23 UTC
Thats what you guys get for burning the halls of agony empire down they where the pvp version of the unviersity. Reap what you soe.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#66 - 2011-11-13 10:21:06 UTC
I recjon its up to them how they run their corporation/alliance/organisation. Since they are playing this game and you arnt paying their subs for them.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Elson Tamar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2011-11-13 10:25:49 UTC
Um player owned alliance, i think the uni can do whatever they like. Also may i add i have never been a member, but i have noticed you complain alot recently. Did incursion runners or the university punch your pet dolphin or somthing? I just ask as basicly your very angry about somthing, and this sort of anger is usually reserved for someone who has molested your goldfish.
May i suggest you go shoot a statue and if a bunch of people come and join you you can moan together, otherwise may i suggets meditation or yoga?
Theodoric Darkwind
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2011-11-13 10:32:41 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Thats what you guys get for burning the halls of agony empire down they where the pvp version of the unviersity. Reap what you soe.

Huh?

Agony Unleashed and the uni are 2 completely different entities. Last I checked Agony is doing just fine and is on very good terms with the uni, in fact many unistas even take their classes (and are encouraged to by the uni to the point where the uni will pay for the class)
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2011-11-13 18:58:25 UTC
Elson Tamar wrote:
May i suggest you go shoot a statue and if a bunch of people come and join you you can moan together, otherwise may i suggets yoga?
Which school? Rāja or Jnana? Or perhaps something less traditional, like Ashtanga or Kripalu?
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#70 - 2011-11-13 19:04:02 UTC
suicide disco
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#71 - 2011-11-13 20:03:19 UTC
Go get mental help already.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Billy Colorado
Evasion Gaming
#72 - 2011-11-13 20:37:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Billy Colorado
@Poetic...

You're obsessed, and misinformed. Your rage against the Uni might evaporate were you to concede that this game is MUCH ******* BIGGER than Eve Uni.

I'm a graduate, I'm not a bear.

---

You're a decent writer. Write about the game you like, instead of the game you hate.
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#73 - 2011-11-14 00:57:28 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Asuri Kinnes wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
EVE University graduates their students...
Grow up and HTFU, ffs and get some therapy...

You're at the forefront of defending their carebear attitudes. I'd harden the **** up if CCP wasn't working so hard to soften the **** up. EVE University is the reason why this game is become soft and doughy.

Just got home from work (13 hour days) and saw this answer.

Eve University is the reason? Ugh

Your delusional.....

I don't have the 2010 Q4 econ report right in front of me, but last numbers I knew of (and if anyone has the correct numbers, please post them!) were that there were over 311000 accounts, and most people averaged about 2.2 accounts/actual player.

311000/2.2 = 141363(.636363636 - repeating, of course) - actual players (roughly - close enough for the moment).

Eve-U has graduated how many over the last 7 years? 10,000? 20,000? 40,000? Hell, make it 50,000! That's 1/3 (again, roughly) of the entire player base. Your telling me that 33% of the player base is driving eve over the cliff? That *every one* of those 50K is marching in lock-step to the beat of Kheld's (peace corp) drum?

Shocked

Good lord man, stop and think for a minute - It's *very* probable that >60% of the player base has never heard of E-U! And I know for *dam* sure, that not all E-U grads are "care-bears", not by any stretch of the imagination. (lets not even think about all the players that Goonswarm / Test / whoever the hell else have brought to the game...)

Disregard for the moment that anyone can leave the Uni whenever they want, or that anyone can lead a uni-fleet out, or that *all* the NPC corps have their own chat (some more populated than others) - It's Eve-University that is the ailment of eve? I'm a Unista, but I can also add and subtract, and that just does not compute...

Keep on with tilting at the Uni windmills.... it's funny.

Pathetic, but funny.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2011-11-14 01:13:16 UTC
Asuri Kinnes wrote:
Eve University is the reason?

Yep. They are the largest highsec corporation. They have the loudest voice. Kelduum speaks with CCP on issues affecting the Uni.

If they aren't the entire problem, they are a large part of it. Plus, they're a nice big wrapper to put over the problem.
Cerulean Ice
Royal Amarr Reclamation
#75 - 2011-11-14 01:20:02 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
What I see is that E-Uni doesn't want to fight at all.

We don't? I knew it... all those kills every day on the killboard must be fake. I bet we aren't losing anything too.
Oh, wait, they're API verified.
Christina Bamar
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#76 - 2011-11-14 02:27:40 UTC
Theodoric Darkwind wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:

Huh?

Agony Unleashed and the uni are 2 completely different entities. Last I checked Agony is doing just fine and is on very good terms with the uni, in fact many unistas even take their classes (and are encouraged to by the uni to the point where the uni will pay for the class)

Confirming this. Agony and Eve Uni are entirely different, and always have been. While we do run classes for EVE Uni sometimes, we also run them for many other player corps/alliances who request them.

Also, I wasn't aware we had halls, but I'll make sure they aren't burning.
Cherry Nobyl
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2011-11-14 03:53:14 UTC
Eve Uni is not the end all, be all of the game.

it's what you make of it.

if your experience within the uni was not up to your standards, then leave, and move on.

if you're a new player, like i was at one point, then the uni is simply a waypoint along the deeper path to the game you choose to make it.

Poetic, you really need to reassess the reasons for the continuous bashing of the Uni over any other part of the game.

no one ever gets along all the time, and divergent viewpoints are a plenty. if you felt your toes were squashed on by someone or a philosophy, then deal with it and move on. the obsessive /compulsive nature of your posting on this topic is starting to suggest something unhealthy.

Elyssa MacLeod
Doomheim
#78 - 2011-11-14 04:05:03 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Written Word wrote:

Because CCP is starting to listen to the carebear whining and it is ruining this game. EVE University is at the forefront of that whining. They churn out most of the carebears in this game.

lol

Seriously tho, has anyone seen poetic actually in the game?

GM Homonoia: Suicide ganks are a valid and viable tactic in EVE.

Where is your God now carebear?

Haulin Aussie
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2011-11-14 04:23:15 UTC
Look at their tears Poetic....

Mission accomplished.
Haulin Aussie
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2011-11-14 04:23:46 UTC
Elyssa MacLeod wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Written Word wrote:

lol

Seriously tho, has anyone seen poetic actually in the game?

yes I saw her passing through tribute about a week ago.