These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Is that warp animation new?

Author
Garr Earthbender
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-09-03 12:28:16 UTC
Cause it really looks slick!

-Scissors is overpowered, rock is fine. -Paper

Lindsey Stirling
Artemis Research And Development
#2 - 2013-09-03 12:30:04 UTC
Uhhh no, it's not.

by the way, I thought the patch notes had something about slower camera movement and other changes, but I've noticed absolutely no change since before the patch.

LS
Ethereal Night
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#3 - 2013-09-03 14:26:45 UTC
No.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool, or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#4 - 2013-09-03 14:48:10 UTC
Garr Earthbender wrote:

you should undock more often

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

bloodknight2
Revenu.Quebec
#5 - 2013-09-03 15:30:46 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
Garr Earthbender wrote:

Undocking is dangerous. There is...people outside.
Ethereal Night
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#6 - 2013-09-03 16:47:35 UTC
bloodknight2 wrote:
Bienator II wrote:
Garr Earthbender wrote:

Undocking is dangerous. There is...people outside.

People like me like to kill people who undock. Feel safe in knowing i can't go to high sec anymore, however.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool, or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-09-03 17:00:35 UTC
*awaits Ranger 1's reply to where the changes are located in this latest patch since the animation looks the same beforehand...
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#8 - 2013-09-03 17:06:20 UTC
Maybe they could add completely new, seamless animation for jumping into wormholes.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-09-03 17:14:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Caviar Liberta
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
Maybe they could add completely new, seamless animation for jumping into wormholes.

I'm still waiting for something in the form of the BSG FTL jump animation You see the ship 1 moment, a quick flash and then its gone.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#10 - 2013-09-03 17:38:21 UTC
I wonder what capsuleers feel and see when they jump without connection with camera drones. Maybe some nightmare visions. Shocked
Major 'Revolver' Ocelot
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-09-03 17:59:16 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
I wonder what capsuleers feel and see when they jump without connection with camera drones. Maybe some nightmare visions. Shocked

I imagine it to be something like this
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-09-03 18:38:03 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:

I'd imagine you still have sensory inputs from the ship. Gravimetric shifts as the ship is thrown into another solar system? Spacial displacement? Disorientation for the newest of pilots perhaps?
Barron Hammerstrike
Medusa Nova Mining And Trade
#13 - 2013-09-03 19:51:10 UTC
Garr Earthbender wrote:

Glad you like it. Now watch it 20 or more times in succession.
Garr Earthbender
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2013-09-03 22:17:28 UTC
Not the jump animation. For some reason when I logged on this morning, every warp I was in the camera panned really cool from when I entered warp to when I landed. Never noticed it before.

-Scissors is overpowered, rock is fine. -Paper