These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Stealthnerf to Genolution CA-2?

First post
Author
Kimentor
Gallifrey Industries
#1 - 2013-09-03 12:48:11 UTC
So I noticed after patch the CA-2 only applies a 40% implant set bonus as opposed to the pre patch 50%

Any official word on as to why this wasn't in the patch notes or am I just blind?

Also CA-3 and CA-4 looks interesting and I assume this was done to not make the entire set overly powerful, but why was these things not announced at all?
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2013-09-03 13:09:29 UTC
Kimentor wrote:
So I noticed after patch the CA-2 only applies a 40% implant set bonus as opposed to the pre patch 50%

Any official word on as to why this wasn't in the patch notes or am I just blind?

Also CA-3 and CA-4 looks interesting and I assume this was done to not make the entire set overly powerful, but why was these things not announced at all?

Yes, it got reduced a bit not to make the whole set too powerful, I'll talk around to make sure this is added in the patch notes.
Dariusz Betonowy
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-09-03 13:14:43 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Kimentor wrote:

Yes, it got reduced a bit not to make the whole set too powerful, I'll talk around to make sure this is added in the patch notes.

Dang, I would have 0,3 CPU remaining on my CNR with 8xT2 Cruise Launcher and 3xrigor, now I'll need to get the new implants ;)
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#4 - 2013-09-03 13:17:51 UTC
I was unaware there was a plethora of 'nerf CA implant' threads.
PhatController
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-09-03 13:24:36 UTC
Are the CA-3/4 coming out with 1.1 or at Christmas?
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#6 - 2013-09-03 13:27:43 UTC
i noticed the low slot eccm mods also got changed with only a minor mention in patch notes ... stealth changes are annoying

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#7 - 2013-09-03 13:27:48 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
I was unaware there was a plethora of 'nerf CA implant' threads.

I don't think there wast such a thing, CCP just reduced the set bonuses due to the expansion of the set.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#8 - 2013-09-03 13:31:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
so yes there are 4 now in game but the 2 new ones haven't been seeded in game and they are 40% now

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#9 - 2013-09-03 13:33:52 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
so yes there are 4 now in game but the 2 new ones haven't been seeded in game and they are 40% now

Yeah, would have been nice if they had actually released the new implants at the same time as they nerf the existing ones.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#10 - 2013-09-03 13:38:02 UTC
although combined they will add 140% bonus to secondary effects so i can see why but atm its annoying as you lose 10% until the new ones are available probably as a Christmas gift like last year

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#11 - 2013-09-03 13:41:21 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
although combined they will add 140% bonus to secondary effects so i can see why but atm its annoying as you lose 10% until the new ones are available probably as a Christmas gift like last year

Absolutely. I personally have no problem with the adjustment. It's just silly to make an adjustment to them right now when they apparently have no plans to release the new implants until much later in the year.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#12 - 2013-09-03 13:46:28 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Harvey James wrote:

Absolutely. I personally have no problem with the adjustment. It's just silly to make an adjustment to them right now when they apparently have no plans to release the new implants until much later in the year.

indeed although i fail to see why taking 10% off stops them being OP 10% of 1.5% isn't much

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#13 - 2013-09-03 13:50:13 UTC
also the when you add the CA-3 implant to market quickbar when you click on it it links CA-4 implant instead but the little blue i works fine..

Destoya
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#14 - 2013-09-03 14:11:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Destoya
Have a feeling that CA-3/CA-4 are going to be what that mystery code in the collector's edition is.

Then again it could just be another Christmas gift so :whoknows:

Edit: Where's Dinsdale? This is obviously just another ploy by the owners of the game (g00ns) to demolish highsec and wormhole income by nerfing bonuses.
MainTrain
Main's Moon Mining
#15 - 2013-09-03 14:38:58 UTC
Is there a potential to revert this change back within the next few patches. And then pull it down to 40% when the other implants are officially released?
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#16 - 2013-09-03 14:44:58 UTC
CA-1/2 should have been one set, CA-3/4 a second set with independent bonuses and there wouldn't be any problem. But i am sure "technical difficulties do no allow such thing".

I am afraid to check how many of my fittings don't work anymore till Christmas.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#17 - 2013-09-03 14:47:33 UTC
Harvey James wrote:

indeed although i fail to see why taking 10% off stops them being OP 10% of 1.5% isn't much

It'll make the difference in being able to online or not a module which could result in a fairly powerful fit becoming not viable any more.

Personally I find the callous indifference to the impact of making such a change let alone the incompetence involved in not giving people some reasonable heads up so they can adjust fits, implants, skill plans or whatever concerning I hope whoever was involved in it has the good graces to take it onboard and up their game as its not good for the long term health of the game.
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-09-03 15:10:13 UTC
Thats is a shame. I have a good handful of fits that won't work now... not the end of the world though as I did just plug in hac and med rail spec Lol
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#19 - 2013-09-03 15:17:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
Thats is a shame. I have a good handful of fits that won't work now... not the end of the world though as I did just plug in hac and med rail spec Lol

Fortunatly all my fits so far seem to work ok - got a thanatos fit that does triage half decently due to using them but its still possible to online by a fraction of a percent of PG yay.

I can imagine there are going to be some people who don't notice that their fit isn't properly online any more and get their ship exploded tho :S

EDIT: I do like the look of the whole 1-4 set thats really nice, but shame the implementation of the changes couldn't have been handled better.

EDIT2: Part of the reason why I'm harsh above - I only noticed this thread by pure chance and if those changes had affected my carrier theres a good chance I'd have warped into a C5 site before I noticed the fit wasn't working as expected with the likely loss of a not cheap ship and possibly the ships of other people depending on me for reps.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#20 - 2013-09-03 16:20:43 UTC
i found three of my fittings which don't work anymore and those are only the ships i had in the hangar at this point. Good that i read this thread before undocking

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

123Next page