These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dynamic Market Sell Orders Based on Standings, Corporation or Alliance

Author
Taureau
Herrscher der Zeit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2011-11-14 02:09:52 UTC
Why would you want to sell your stuff to the people that have killed you?
Why would you sell your enemies the guns that they will use to kill you with?

I ask myself these questions all the time. I would like to propose that when making market sell orders, traders would be given the option to dynamically affect their order based on standings or relations to the person buying their item.

So, for example...

- If a seller had X standings or higher to the purchaser, the purchaser would receive a X% discount on the base sell order price of the item they wish to purchase (The seller would sell it to them for less).
- If a sellers had X standings or lower to the purchaser, the purchaser would receive a X% markup on the base sell order price of the item they wish to purchase (The seller would sell it to them for more).

You could also do any of the following...
- Base the standings on: Personal, Corporation or Alliance standings.
- Choose to not sell items at all to people with low standings or currently at war with you.
- Maybe do the same with Buy orders, and only buy stuff from people with good standings.

How would this improve the game?
- Corp/Alliance mates or friends can sell things to each other automatically at discounted cost if they choose to do so.
- Pirates would be more discouraged to just randomly kill people at their entertainment. So for example, if that trader they killed was the trader that sold half of the stuff in system, and he was mad and set them to red standings, they're SOL if they want to buy his items.

I feel this feature/idea would be a great addition to the game and greatly improve the benefits of making friends and help all (if not at least the smaller corporations/alliances) and increase the disadvantages of making enemies of them as well.