These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Multi Boxing Options.

Author
VTyx Soul
Station Window Lickers
#1 - 2013-09-02 15:51:06 UTC
I won't be using Isboxer but I will need to run 6 miners and a orca. I am limited to two monitors and my system spec is fine but is their anyway of organising the windows to resolutions of 640x480 or a way of displaying the screens for better switching between "the asteroid has been depleted" & jetting ore cans for the orca.
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-09-02 15:56:31 UTC
Send me 500mil and I'll get in touch with my contacts for you.

Dodixie > Hek

Chalithra Lathar
Macabre Votum
Northern Coalition.
#3 - 2013-09-02 21:34:05 UTC
VTyx Soul wrote:
I won't be using Isboxer but I will need to run 6 miners and a orca. I am limited to two monitors and my system spec is fine but is their anyway of organising the windows to resolutions of 640x480 or a way of displaying the screens for better switching between "the asteroid has been depleted" & jetting ore cans for the orca.

By running the game in windowed mode and maximizing/minimizing when needed. I figured if people are willing to pay for multiple accounts, than a sub for ISboxer would be trivial. ^.^ (Not to mention the features are well worth it)
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#4 - 2013-09-02 21:39:49 UTC
EVE-O preview works great for me, it allows you to create preview windows for multiple clients that can be enlarged on mouse over.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#5 - 2013-09-02 21:47:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Prepare to be demonised, flavour of the month for demonisation is multiboxers and suicide gankers.

@Barzai Mekhar TY for the link, looks interesting.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#6 - 2013-09-02 23:06:35 UTC
Mining Multibox doesn't require an App.

Windows mode, reduce all settings, one monitor. I've run 4 accounts on a Pentium D. I'm sure anyone with i5 and the newer Ram could manage twice that. If you do the math I'm sure you will find you are better off ditching the orca and just adding another exhumer to the fleet. Dock them and undock them as they fill up. Use warp to fleet member to determine where each account needs to be in the belt when they undock based on rock sizes. The things that will cripple you aren't tied to your set up. You will wipe out a .5 system belt in a matter of 2 hrs with that many accounts chewing on it.

Because you will be hitting so many roids at once, isBoxer wouldn't even be effective in mining multiple client. The only reason to run isBoxer or similar is if you need blap fleet, blobs but only have a few hundred actual players in your alliance.