These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Incarna Syndrom

Author
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#21 - 2013-09-01 10:32:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Shederov Blood
So...

Incarna was bad.
Bittervets don't want things to change.
EVE is dying, and you should feel bad.

The sun is shining.

Who put the goat in there?

Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#22 - 2013-09-01 10:54:27 UTC
OP, congratulations on making the only smiling portrait that isn't looking freaky.
Gravemind GER
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-09-01 10:58:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Gravemind GER
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-09-01 11:00:30 UTC
Let's face it, the quality of literacy in the EVE-O forums is degrading with each passing second.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#25 - 2013-09-01 11:03:50 UTC
Mashie Saldana wrote:
OP, congratulations on making the only smiling portrait that isn't looking freaky.

Ditto.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-09-01 11:48:11 UTC
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
Lets face it Incarna was stupid and CCP payed their taxes, but it seems some "People" cant get enough they missuse what happens in the Past to complain about everything.

Incarna was bad, but "Adapt or die" is dying slowly because of the stubborn veterans/pseudo-veterans.

If Eve Online will die someday you where just a part of it, bad Community, bad one!

PS: And yes; Complaining over complaining, yeah but i dont care...

Posting in a "I like 'expansions' that consist of merely a shell game of stat changes" or "I think modern reality TV is intellectually stimulating and a true cultural & contemporary reflection of life" thread.

Don't ban me, bro!

Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-09-01 11:51:15 UTC
Let's face the facts Incarna/WiS will never be finished or expanded on. CCP's vision of making EVE a space sim will never come about mostly because hardcore vets would rather they work on FiS. And you can't really blame them when alot of the work CCP has to do is fix broken or failing systems.

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#28 - 2013-09-01 12:20:33 UTC
Stegas Tyrano wrote:
Let's face the facts Incarna/WiS will never be finished or expanded on. CCP's vision of making EVE a space sim will never come about mostly because hardcore vets would rather they work on FiS. And you can't really blame them when alot of the work CCP has to do is fix broken or failing systems.

Well, it's not gonna be in the plans for the next 3 years so we already know that EVE will swim or sink with its current space-only gameplay.

Now i wonder, will we get anything for hiseccers, casuals, soloers, PvErs, et cetera, or CCP is gonna make it tough and try to survive only with nullsecers, l33t PvPrs, EVE spinoff games and so?

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#29 - 2013-09-01 12:44:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Stegas Tyrano wrote:

CCP Soundwave was talking about the little things and big things in 2011 right before incarna had to come out. They were switching to little things it seems, after all of the rage. No mega features "Jesus" features now. I encourage everyone to see all of 2011 recordings of fanfest.
Job Valador
Professional Amateurs
#30 - 2013-09-01 13:11:53 UTC
im in the "I would like a fully functional WIS, but would rather have *insert broken mechanic here* fixed first" camp

Sad thing about being in that camp though is there is so much stuff to fix we would never get any type of functional wis content or really any new (non broken) content at all Sad

In the end though I do trust CCP to develop their game at a good pace and will continue to play till the lights finally shut off.

"The stone exhibited a profound lack of movement."

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-09-01 13:49:26 UTC
Job Valador wrote:
im in the "I would like a fully functional WIS, but would rather have *insert broken mechanic here* fixed first" camp

Community asking for fix -----> CCP tries to fix--------> By fixing it ,gameplay is altered ---------> community cries--------->CCP has to fix it again.
Fixing can go on for the next ten years.

R.S.I2014

Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-09-01 16:15:22 UTC
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Job Valador wrote:

Community asking for fix -----> CCP tries to fix--------> By fixing it ,gameplay is altered ---------> community cries--------->CCP has to fix it again.

Exactly, WiS will probably be released in 12 years then Lol

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2013-09-01 16:30:40 UTC
The original poster appears to have dropped some acid and now is tripping, smiling that goofy grin...
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-09-01 16:37:04 UTC
Stegas Tyrano wrote:
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Job Valador wrote:

Exactly, WiS will probably be released in 12 years then Lol

By then the door is too rusted to open

R.S.I2014

Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#35 - 2013-09-01 17:15:29 UTC
LOL at all the bads ripping on the OP in this thread.

Use your decoder ring on the first post; it's actually very insightful and the ending almost brought me to tears. Very moving.

It sucks without the decoder ring, though.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-09-01 18:04:45 UTC
Posting in another 'Eve Is Dying' thread.

Posting in another 'Bad Community' thread.

Posting in another 'Incarna' thread.

Posting in another 'Bitter Vet' thread.

Posting in another 'CCP Fail' thread.

Posting in another 'Rage' thread.

Hmmmm, wonder if I forgot anything?

Oh yeah.

Posting in another 'GD' thread.

Roll

DMC

Gravemind GER
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-09-01 18:23:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Gravemind GER
I'll wait another 18 Months for the door to finally opening to Chribba's Exotic Dancers Strip club.
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-09-01 18:58:29 UTC
Gravemind GER wrote:
I'll wait another 18 Months for the door to finally opening to Chribba's Exotic Dancers Strip club.

I've gone into a joint venture with Chribba. If Incarna isn't released we'll dress Merlin's in bikinis and have them orbit a POSPirate

Cpt Tirel
Institute For Continuous Glory
#39 - 2013-09-01 19:19:11 UTC
I think he means Eve is dying because the bittervets did not welcome incarna/WIS and CCP therefore shifted their resources to other games instead, since Eve with its community is not worth putting more money into. But i may be wrong.
Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2013-09-01 21:23:12 UTC
Okay Harry.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik