These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP we need a Purge DAY

First post
Author
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#81 - 2013-08-31 18:32:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
The person you should poke is CCP Falcon, though he's probably already seen this thread and decided not to comment.

He's the Live Events organizer, and he would probably be the one responsible for setting this up. If he likes the idea, it may just happen.

Otherwise, it's a pretty safe bet that it won't happen.

Katrina Oniseki

Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#82 - 2013-08-31 18:36:21 UTC
Guttripper wrote:
Wolf Kruol wrote:
Maybe? Again your assuming this.. Hasn't been done yet..

Nor has CCP created an "iron man" mode of play either.

But let's just say CCP allowed this suggestion of having a free-for-all with an iron mode edge (once podded then you are permanently dead). And add a bit of flavor by having every station have a limited amount of hit points so people can not hide in stations and wait it out. Any assets in an exploding station are lost in the destruction. And for kicks, if you logged out from a station that was destroyed while you were offline, upon logging back into the game has you in whatever ship you docked with floating among the rubble.

Might be quite interesting for the numbers...

A little excessive.. but interesting idea. This would cause more than a little fustration to players. Big smile

“If you're very very stupid? How can you possibly realize you're very very stupid?

You have to be relatively intelligent to realize how stupid you really are!”

Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#83 - 2013-08-31 18:37:52 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
The person you should poke is CCP Falcon, though he's probably already seen this thread and decided not to comment.

He's the Live Events organizer, and he would probably be the one responsible for setting this up. If he likes the idea, it may just happen.

Otherwise, it's a pretty safe bet that it won't happen.
I'm sure they've talked about this or joked about it... but I would like to hear if its possible. If not well thats cool too. Can't hurt to ask. Smile

“If you're very very stupid? How can you possibly realize you're very very stupid?

Na Und
Galactronics
#84 - 2013-08-31 18:41:17 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
No offense, but it's starting to seem like you don't actually want to throw a fun event where everybody is involved in something new and different. It sounds like you want to shoot people in highsec (presumably carebears) without consequence.

I've yet to see something in your suggestion that cannot already be done elsewhere.

Don't know about the latter part of it, but it definitely appears that he favors a "game-breaking" (I use the term loosely) mechanic, but dismisses other "game-breaking" mechanics out of hand, ostensibly because the players who get the short end of the stick will learn a lesson.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2013-08-31 18:46:54 UTC
Wolf Kruol wrote:
Jim Era wrote:
What if we didn't?
We have this already. Every day.. over and over again.. Why not something new. one day only. Smile

CCP turned off Concord and I believe the Faction police in Luminaire for the fight at Caldari Prime.
Feer Truelight
#86 - 2013-08-31 18:51:37 UTC
Wolf Kruol wrote:
Yes one day where there isn't any Police to Highsec.

Anything goes day.. From DT to DT.. I think that would be cool feature to EVE. Having Captains quarters monitors blinking warnings about the purge day... Blink

So CCP is this something you guys can do? At least give it a try once...? Just out of curiosity or a test. P

I'm sure some of you saw that movie... I'm sure CCP you have thought of "What if's". Smile

I've talked to alot of players and they all love the idea... I'm sure all of those who are against this will manage for one day... Staying safe in Station.. Well if they read the memo. Pirate

So CCP can this be done?

CCP will you consider todo this in the future?

\o/ Think of the possibilities guys...

So basically you want a day where noone in hisec is logged in?
No thanks.

8/7/2006 3:39:36 PM UTC FreeCCP Promotional Game Time 7 Days Paid

6/1/2012 5:48:57 PM UTC PayPal 1 x 1 Month EVE Subscription + Signup €19.95 Paid

CCP took 6 years to convert me to a (still) paying subscriber :)

Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#87 - 2013-08-31 18:59:44 UTC
Na Und wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
No offense, but it's starting to seem like you don't actually want to throw a fun event where everybody is involved in something new and different. It sounds like you want to shoot people in highsec (presumably carebears) without consequence.

I've yet to see something in your suggestion that cannot already be done elsewhere.

Don't know about the latter part of it, but it definitely appears that he favors a "game-breaking" (I use the term loosely) mechanic, but dismisses other "game-breaking" mechanics out of hand, ostensibly because the players who get the short end of the stick will learn a lesson.

How so? Only thing that would break is some players spirits if they didn't read the memo... For the techinical stuff ccp could better answer this. Players learn lessons every day playing eve anyhow. :)

Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#88 - 2013-08-31 19:02:08 UTC
Feer Truelight wrote:
Wolf Kruol wrote:

Anything goes day.. From DT to DT.. I think that would be cool feature to EVE. Having Captains quarters monitors blinking warnings about the purge day... Blink

So CCP is this something you guys can do? At least give it a try once...? Just out of curiosity or a test. P

I'm sure some of you saw that movie... I'm sure CCP you have thought of "What if's". Smile

I've talked to alot of players and they all love the idea... I'm sure all of those who are against this will manage for one day... Staying safe in Station.. Well if they read the memo. Pirate

So CCP can this be done?

So basically you want a day where noone in hisec is logged in?
No thanks.
You assume this? It hasn't happened yet.. Some will not log others will log.. No different than today.. some log in others log out... This is normal eve daily event. But to say none will log? Thats false statement.

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2013-08-31 19:02:51 UTC
Wolf Kruol wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
Don't you read your own sig, mate?
Yes do you understand it?

Logic

{People state you made a stupid post]

{You ask for people to point out where its stupid]

{Someone points out your signature}

{Your signature said you can't be aware of your own stupidity if you are to stupid to be aware of said stupidity}

There you go!!!
Na Und
Galactronics
#90 - 2013-08-31 19:08:10 UTC
Wolf Kruol wrote:
Na Und wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

How so? Only thing that would break is some players spirits if they didn't read the memo.... Players learn lessons every day playing eve anyhow. :)

You answered your own question. And your logic is weak: players learn lessons every day, therefore I want a day when players learn their lesson.
Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#91 - 2013-08-31 19:12:33 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Wolf Kruol wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
Don't you read your own sig, mate?
Yes do you understand it?

Logic

{People state you made a stupid post]

{You ask for people to point out where its stupid]

{Someone points out your signature}

{Your signature said you can't be aware of your own stupidity if you are to stupid to be aware of said stupidity}

There you go!!!
Post isn't stupid.. Some won't like it other do. For my bio :) Yes in a sense.. Only those who are keen enought to know they are always learning so by nature we are forever stupid.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#92 - 2013-08-31 19:17:33 UTC
There was an event like this in the distant past. It was called "Armageddon Day." All space became 0.0 space and carnage ensued. Then, after downtime, everything was rolled back to be as it was.
It played in to the Empyrean Age Expansion where CONCORD was attacked and temporarily put offline... allowing the Minmatar to launch an ill-fated invasion of Amarr space and the Caldari to invade Gallente space to take their home planet back.
Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#93 - 2013-08-31 19:25:28 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
There was an event like this in the distant past. It was called "Armageddon Day." All space became 0.0 space and carnage ensued. Then, after downtime, everything was rolled back to be as it was.
It played in to the Empyrean Age Expansion where CONCORD was attacked and temporarily put offline... allowing the Minmatar to launch an ill-fated invasion of Amarr space and the Caldari to invade Gallente space to take their home planet back.
So this has happened in the past? I thought Armageddon day was in the test server?

Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2013-08-31 19:27:40 UTC
Wolf Kruol wrote:

So CCP can this be done?

You have that in low sec - everyday. Look at the results. Hardly anyone goes there. That's why you come to high sec to hunt. The reason it's like that is to heighten the sense of danger and dread that you pirates will get from hunting in high sec. Without it, hunting in high sec will be like hunting in low sec.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#95 - 2013-08-31 19:33:24 UTC
Thread has been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#96 - 2013-08-31 19:43:23 UTC
Wolf Kruol wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:
So this has happened in the past? I thought Armageddon day was in the test server?

If I recall correctly (though I'm sure I'm wrong)... that was the DEV's name for a "stress test" on the Test Server.
Delen Ormand
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2013-08-31 19:43:34 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

To be fair, it might take a while before he stops laughing enough to reply.
Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#98 - 2013-08-31 20:59:33 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:
Wolf Kruol wrote:

So CCP can this be done?

You have that in low sec - everyday. Look at the results. Hardly anyone goes there. That's why you come to high sec to hunt. The reason it's like that is to heighten the sense of danger and dread that you pirates will get from hunting in high sec. Without it, hunting in high sec will be like hunting in low sec.

I'm not talking about part of the universe which we already do.. I'm talking about the entire universe is being purged. One day event!

Dave Stark
#99 - 2013-08-31 21:44:34 UTC
Wolf Kruol wrote:
One day event!

if you insist on this ****** event; can we make sure it's a day when i'm working over time and getting stuck in traffic?
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#100 - 2013-08-31 22:28:02 UTC
Crap idea, -1 from me.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...