These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Someone has a 'little' Napoleon complex..

First post
Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#201 - 2013-08-30 12:06:33 UTC
This thread is a negative experience.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#202 - 2013-08-30 16:49:29 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

This thread is why it should be illegal to get halfway through Ethics 101 and then rush to some forums to unleash your ~realtalk~ concerning video game morality.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#203 - 2013-08-30 18:21:28 UTC
I'm still waiting for people to contract me all their ships because no one is supposed to have any attachment to them nor get upset when they lose them.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#204 - 2013-08-30 18:41:44 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

This thread is why it should be illegal to get halfway through Ethics 101 and then rush to some forums to unleash your ~realtalk~ concerning video game morality.

That's the forums are about though.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#205 - 2013-08-30 21:04:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Andski wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Nope. 34 years old. 10 years in IT/Tech support. 2 years in a supervisor position. Worked for and with a few fortune 500 companies.

If you just want to call anyone that has a unique opinion on the meaning of morality a 12 year old to make yourself feel better about rationalizing your own views then I guess go right ahead. There isn't much I can do for you to help you see the world in a different light. You might want to try some capitalization and punctuation though. I hear the young people don't like to use that on their tweets.

so playing a game in accordance to its rules is immoral

thank you for setting my moral compass straight, Captain "the guy who ganked my hulk should be fired from his job irl" Tardbar

Stranger things have happened with employers. Especially at the "management team" level, where they do team-building retreats, leadership-building seminars, that kind of stuff. Seven Habits of Effective People, whatever. Senior managers/owner who believe in that kind of stuff are trying to make themselves and their team into the ultimate go-getters-leaders-achievers. A little revelation about somebody's personal traits, or their outside activities can have significant effects on how he/she's viewed by the big bosses. And therefore their future in that organization.

Edit: "Is that that internet spaceship game with players all around the world? There was an article about that in the New York Times a while back. Apparently it's very vicious. You play that? Interesting...."
Sad but true, you give up privacy for the privilege of working for someone, to whatever degree.
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#206 - 2013-08-30 21:43:02 UTC
Nope. No one even bothered to contract me a shuttle. I guess everyone must be too attached to their ships or something.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Zappity
Kurved Trading
#207 - 2013-08-30 21:43:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
Rhes wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

Uh huh. Very good both of you.

Aryth wrote:
Be sure to send me any EVEmails you get with crying. I do so love suffering.

Maybe you should have a chat with him.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#208 - 2013-08-30 22:28:11 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Nope. No one even bothered to contract me a shuttle. I guess everyone must be too attached to their ships or something.

You are trying way too hard dude.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#209 - 2013-08-30 22:38:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Tardbar
Rhes wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:

I don't know. I was trying to get a carrier out of this. Certainly losing such a ship wouldn't bother you? You can even contract it in Goons space. I'll use my Goon contact to go get it.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#210 - 2013-08-30 22:53:44 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:

You're not worth it. A newbee got the ship instead

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#211 - 2013-08-30 23:08:56 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:

You're not worth it. A newbee got the ship instead

Awww. And now you passed up your chance to prove you were right. Now I'll never know if you really didn't care about your ships.

So to me all the evidence I can take from this is that you really care about your ships and wealth because you can't bring yourself to give any of it to me. I bother you so much that you can't bring yourself to prove yourself right by the simple fact of handing over a few (but expensive) ships.

So let the truth be known...

Goons would be upset if I took their stuff.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#212 - 2013-08-30 23:28:36 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Goons would be upset if I took their stuff.

You don't "get" Goons, do you?

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#213 - 2013-08-30 23:53:46 UTC
Wow. Just read this end-to-end.

I'm laughing so hard my dogs are looking at me funny. Well, funnier than they normally do, at any rate.
The sheer... Damn. I don't have the right word for it... Asshattery will have to do. Yeah, That's it. The sheer asshattery of some of the posts makes me wonder is this isn't some kind of very carefully calculated and utterly brilliant troll.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#214 - 2013-08-31 00:32:33 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
I was trying to get a carrier out of this.

you can only use those in scary space, i.e. the place where all of the inhabitants are immoral people, so you wouldn't have much use for one

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Moneta Curran
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#215 - 2013-08-31 01:21:58 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Stranger things have happened with employers. Especially at the "management team" level, where they do team-building retreats, leadership-building seminars, that kind of stuff. Seven Habits of Effective People, whatever. Senior managers/owner who believe in that kind of stuff are trying to make themselves and their team into the ultimate go-getters-leaders-achievers. A little revelation about somebody's personal traits, or their outside activities can have significant effects on how he/she's viewed by the big bosses. And therefore their future in that organization.

Edit: "Is that that internet spaceship game with players all around the world? There was an article about that in the New York Times a while back. Apparently it's very vicious. You play that? Interesting...."
Sad but true, you give up privacy for the privilege of working for someone, to whatever degree.

Someone sounds like a serious sycophant.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#216 - 2013-08-31 02:37:53 UTC
Moneta Curran wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:

Someone sounds like a serious sycophant.

BE SCARED, EVE WILL DESTROY YOU

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#217 - 2013-08-31 03:47:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Tardbar
silens vesica wrote:
Wow. Just read this end-to-end.

I'm laughing so hard my dogs are looking at me funny. Well, funnier than they normally do, at any rate.
The sheer... Damn. I don't have the right word for it... Asshattery will have to do. Yeah, That's it. The sheer asshattery of some of the posts makes me wonder is this isn't some kind of very carefully calculated and utterly brilliant troll.

Well. I've learned my lesson that if I ever admit that I am a troll that someone will get mad and get ISD to delete all my posts in the thread deleting the hilariousness.

So I have to come out and say that I am not a troll and that I genuinely beleive what I say to poeple.

Which I am saying is the case now.... That I am being very serious when I say the things that I am saying.

I do have a confession though.

Someone in this thread is my alt. Also, I post because I have an audience outside of GD who secretly get a kick out of my posts.

Moneta Curran
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#218 - 2013-08-31 06:37:14 UTC
Shocker! Hurr... *slow clap*

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#219 - 2013-08-31 07:34:10 UTC
I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread...is this Goon hate propaganda?

I have seen that The Mittani is Machiavellian, so I saw Napoleon and just assumed.

Am I correct?

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#220 - 2013-08-31 08:29:17 UTC