These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Props for listening to us, the players

Author
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#1 - 2013-08-29 23:33:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Grauth Thorner
With the new patch coming up, Odyssey 1.1, I really have the idea that suggestions/ideas from players were taken in serious consideration by you, CCP. And I'd like to give you props for that! It makes me a happy man that propositions made by us players aren't simply a waste of time (a feeling I did have in the past). Good work, CCP! I can't wait for 03/09/2013 Big smile

Odyssey 1.1 is live now! Check the patchnotes here: http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-odyssey-1.1

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-08-29 23:34:33 UTC
Grauth Thorner wrote:
With the new patch coming up, Odyssey 1.1, I really have the idea that suggestions/ideas from players were taken in serious consideration by you, CCP. And I'd like to give you props for that! It makes me a happy man that propositions made by us players aren't simply a waste of time (a feeling I did have in the past). Good work, CCP! I can't wait for 03/09/2013 Big smile

What in particular was the suggestions they took from the players?

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Johan Toralen
IIIJIIIITIIII
#3 - 2013-08-30 00:15:54 UTC
If anything you should aim that praise at Fozzie and Rise because nobody else listened to players in regards to Odyssey. To the contrary.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#4 - 2013-08-30 00:24:48 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Grauth Thorner wrote:

The balancing of the industrials is a prime example of CCP devs taking notice of player feedback. If you look at what we're getting against what was originally proposed you'll see that player feedback in the discussion thread has shaped the final result.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#5 - 2013-08-30 01:27:24 UTC
Grauth Thorner wrote:

So you're excited about a rebalance that has been going on for two years, and is still not complete?
Meanwhile, they continue to call fixing all the broken mechanics an "expansion"..... Shocked

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-08-30 04:21:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Inokuma Yawara
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Grauth Thorner wrote:

So you're excited about a rebalance that has been going on for two years, and is still not complete?
Meanwhile, they continue to call fixing all the broken mechanics an "expansion"..... Shocked

*sigh* We're so easy to please...... But in all fairness, I don't think Odyssey 1.1 is an expansion. It's an update (a really big one), not an expansion. I believe if it were an expansion, it would have it's own name. Like "Morass 1.0", then the update would be something like "Morass 1.1"

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

William Walker
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-08-30 06:35:50 UTC
Nosferatu not worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Andrew Indy
Cleaning Crew
#8 - 2013-08-30 06:39:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Andrew Indy
Beekeeper Bob wrote:

If you look at it that way then we have not had an expansion for a while. Incursions where the last new content added as far as I know. That being said the changes that have taken place have changed alot of what keeps people playing, in EVE its all about the meta game and that has changed a lot.
Cecil Montague
PCG Enterprises
#9 - 2013-08-30 06:44:09 UTC
William Walker wrote:
Nosferatu not worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.

Nos/Neut combo sentry Geddy's that steal your cap so they can neut you longer. Really not the sort of thing you want to see on the field when you're sat in your shiney capital ship Big smile

"There is no such thing as an effective segment of Totality" - Bruce Lee: The only man with a Chuck Norris killmail.

Prince Kobol
#10 - 2013-08-30 07:02:17 UTC
Andrew Indy wrote:
Beekeeper Bob wrote:

If you look at it that was then we have not had an expansion for a while. Incursions where the last new contect added as far as I know. That being said the changes that have taken place have changed alot of what keeps people playing, in EVE its all about the meta game and that has changed a lot.

True, but then the main core mechanics such as PoS's, Sov Warfare, being able to earn more isk in HS then the best Null Sec still have not been touched.

Whilst the change in moon goo is a welcome beginning, it still needs a total overhaul.

You can only spend so long doing "Iterations"

I know I need something new.
Lugalbandak
Lego3
#11 - 2013-08-30 07:18:08 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Grauth Thorner wrote:

rebalance gives lots and lots of content , look around you , check the killboards

edit: spoiled brats

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Prince Kobol
#12 - 2013-08-30 07:30:18 UTC
Lugalbandak wrote:
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Grauth Thorner wrote:

rebalance gives lots and lots of content , look around you , check the killboards

edit: spoiled brats

Why, were people not being killed before the re-balance?
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#13 - 2013-08-30 07:32:29 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:

Expansions in a sandbox are about giving you a better quality of sand to work with, both by sifting out the cat turds and changing the way it sticks together when worked.
Expansions in a themepark are about putting in new rides.

Keep expecting themepark expansions in a sandbox game, and you'll keep being disappointed.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#14 - 2013-08-30 11:05:47 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Grauth Thorner wrote:

It's not about simply taking suggestions made by players, it's about reading suggestions and reading the replies of these suggestions (or in other words polling the player's opinion) and then act accordingly to shape the suggested content so most of us will be happy in one way or another. It's easy if an idea was liked 1000+ times and everybody supported the idea, this however is never the case.

And that's what I see as a big plus nowadays, ideas are actually read and replied to by CCP-devs and they are shaping their changes according to the opinion of players. The suggestion that comes closest to taking ideas would be the third post in this thread. Read the third post, then read all the replies by CCP and then have a look at the "Space Trucking with Industrial Ships" part in the devblog link mentioned in the original post.

>iciclesoft.com

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-08-30 11:42:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Kidd
Prince Kobol wrote:
... being able to earn more isk in HS then the best Null Sec still have not been touched.

Wait, you're saying that you can't make as much in null sec as you can in HS? What BS is this? As far as I'm concerned null has moongoo and it's not anyone's fault but the players out there that their alliances don't share that income with those of you in those alliances. It certainly isn't HS's fault. You should stop using HS as your whipping boy when you have no spine of your own.

Don't ban me, bro!

Azami Nevinyrall
#16 - 2013-08-30 11:53:57 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
... being able to earn more isk in HS then the best Null Sec still have not been touched.

Wait, you're saying that you can't make as much in null sec as you can in HS? What BS is this? As far as I'm concerned null has moongoo and it's not anyone's fault but the players out there that their alliances don't share that income with those of you in those alliances. It certainly isn't HS's fault. You should stop using HS as your whipping boy when you have no spine of your own.

My Tengu/Noctis makes more ISK/hr in null then it ever did in HS, and you don't get harassed by mission gankers and loot thieves.

Most people in null ignore non officer wrecks, salvage and loot brings in more ISK then bounties...

Don't nerf HS because null players are doing it wrong...

Rengerel en Distel
#17 - 2013-08-30 12:59:42 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Mr Kidd wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

My Tengu/Noctis makes more ISK/hr in null then it ever did in HS, and you don't get harassed by mission gankers and loot thieves.

Most people in null ignore non officer wrecks, salvage and loot brings in more ISK then bounties...

Don't nerf HS because null players are doing it wrong...

I believe most people realize it's not on an individual basis, but as you scale up more players. HS can take an infinite amount of players, because there's no cap on level 4 missions that are handed out. NS can't.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#18 - 2013-08-30 13:30:41 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:

You can only spend so long doing "Iterations"

Be fair: EVE players are an irascable, inventive, scurvey lot, and CCP has had their apple cart upset more than a few times by us players going off the reservation. Considering that adapting to the *players* is a major aspect of code development at CCP, I think they're doing a remarkable job. There are hundreds of thousands of us out here inventively looking for ways to bend, fold, spindle, mutilate, or outright break EVE to our own advantage, and only a hundred or so staff working on keeping up with us; a sisyphean task if ever there was one. Cool

Quote:
I know I need something new.
Patience grasshopper; All in due time. Meanwhile, enjoy the results of tiercide.
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#19 - 2013-08-30 13:43:10 UTC
Johan Toralen wrote:
If anything you should aim that praise at Fozzie and Rise because nobody else listened to players in regards to Odyssey. To the contrary.

I'm sure that the people who invested time in the opinion of players know I'm talking about them, this indeed includes CCP Fozzie and CCP Rise but it's also aimed at the people who are more on the background for actually discussing these proposals.

>iciclesoft.com

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#20 - 2013-08-30 13:50:07 UTC
Johan Toralen wrote:

I praise Fozzie and Rise when they DON'T listen to the p-layers that make suggestions. Players who sometimes have their own agendas (and don't give a flip about the overall game or community) or who think they are these brilliant gifts from the gods of gaming to tell professionals how to do things.

Back before Odyssey I participated in some discussions with people about the Navy Raven. The opposing view was that the changes to the ship were horrible and ccp were horrible for making those changes, and that the ship was made obsolete by other ships like the Fleet Typhoon. They were convinced of it.

Yet here we are, CCP ignored the naysayers and according to the market data the Navy Raven is pretty mush more popular than ever while all of the ships that were supposed to be better than it get used (and bought) less even though people have had time to skill into them.

Some players think they have THE supreme grasp of the game, but the truth is they don't. CCP seems smart enough to take good advice and ignore all the rest of the noise.
12Next page