These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Would you be disappointed if CCP got rid of the wanted label on avatars?

First post
Author
Sol Kal'orr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2013-08-30 00:52:24 UTC
Silly people putting their faces at the bottom of the portrait.
Sol Kal'orr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2013-08-30 00:54:00 UTC
I think the wanted sign should show up on these forums. The rage would be priceless.
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#43 - 2013-08-30 01:07:25 UTC
Besides other reasons I want to see this "WANTED" sign removed because it's a lie: nobody want me for those $311k I have on my head.
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#44 - 2013-08-30 01:08:16 UTC
Single use character portrait Wanted Sign remover -- 3500 AUR

Who put the goat in there?

Ellumielle
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2013-08-30 02:26:40 UTC
Remove it or at least move it somewhere else.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2013-08-30 02:28:34 UTC
Posting in the stealth nerf bounties thread.

Bounties are stupid and pointless. They're only use is making people who don't understand they are stupid and pointless, cry. Hardly a selling game feature. And then to find they cover up Riot Girl's face, or anyones lovely lady lumps, its a travostimacy I tell you.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2013-08-30 02:39:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Inokuma Yawara
Even though it's almost pointless, because of the frivolous bounties placed on players, some of them are valid. The wanted signs, at least, alert me to take a closer look at the individual to see if there are signs of trouble in the belt I'm mining in. Having said that, I wouldn't mind if they redesigned it so that it does not cover our portraits, yet still be visible... Maybe the wanted sign could be placed UNDER our portraits. Or perhaps a red glowing boarder around our portraits would be the way to go...

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#48 - 2013-08-30 02:57:59 UTC
Demica Diaz wrote:
I think "Wanted" label needs to mean something. I wouldnt add it if you have like few million ISK bounty as we all know its pointless. But lets say your bounty went over 500 million or billion then you would get wanted sign. It would be something like prestige for pirate players to show off that they pissed off many players. Bear

That's the problem. Bounties right now have in almost all cases absolutely zero meaning outside of "this character was in high-sec recently". What's even worse, having a bounty doesn't necessarily mean you've legitimately done something to earn one.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2013-08-30 03:08:26 UTC
One of my alts has a bounty. He got it for speaking in the recruitment channel. Seriously. That's all. Bounties mean nothing. Remember what Dash taught us:

Quote:
Dash: But Dad always said our powers were nothing to be ashamed of, our powers made us special.
Helen: Everyone's special, Dash.
Dash: [muttering] Which is another way of saying no one is.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2013-08-30 03:21:34 UTC
CCP should include an option for players to manually place the 'Wanted' sign along one of the four borders of their Character's portrait, such as top, bottom or vertically on either side so as not to obstruct the character's portrait:

W
A
N
T
E
D

Or turn it into a 'Ghost' image within the character's portrait.

Big smile

DMC
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#51 - 2013-08-30 08:58:26 UTC
It doesn't really matter. It's not even shown when you view the portrait in detail. I did like the old style better though, but again it doesn't really matter.
Stahl Rise
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2013-08-30 09:09:56 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
Besides other reasons I want to see this "WANTED" sign removed because it's a lie: nobody want me for those $311k I have on my head.

+1

A bounty is just a bounty. It doesn't mean I am wanted.
Not a problem for me though, but to answer the OP, I would not be disappointed to get it removed in such a case.
Also, I would like to see this sign on characters that are in fact WANTED. Whatever it means, but make it meaningful.
Anthony Blunt
Appenzeller Kantonal Bank
#53 - 2013-08-30 15:38:10 UTC
The wanted sign should grow with the amount of bounty. 500m = no portrait at all.. Also on the forum for tears sake.

"if you're not having fun in a sandbox, it's not the Sands fault" Jenn aSide

Previous page123