These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Tribute Firework Event for Vile Rat

Author
Draghkar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-08-29 08:05:19 UTC
In-game memorials/tributes are dumb; please stop trying to do them.
Galaxy Android
X-Prot
RouchNecks.
#22 - 2013-08-29 08:08:27 UTC
Draghkar wrote:
In-game memorials/tributes are dumb; please stop trying to do them.

What do you have against in game memorials ?
William Walker
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2013-08-29 08:26:23 UTC
Put it in in-game events/gatherings. CCP should not do this, it is up to us. To you.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Norian Lonark
Black Thorne Corporation
#24 - 2013-08-29 09:34:57 UTC
I think its nice if people want to remember former friends and players who have been lost and wont criticise you for the thought.

However although It was a tragic incident, I do agree that CCP is not really in a position to be able to make tributes to all, vile rat touched many lives, but there may be other players who have lost friends and family who would also like a tribute, what makes ones loss greater than another?

I really think it would be nice if you want to remember / pay respect to vile rat to organise something yourself and if people want to take part they can, I am sure if you did organise something a lot of people would show up.

Start wide, expand further, and never look back

Speedkermit Damo
Invicta.
Muffins of Mayhem
#25 - 2013-08-29 11:37:35 UTC
Perhaps Elton John should rewrite Candle in the Wind again.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2013-08-29 13:12:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Kyt Thrace
Vile Rat

I am all for having another cyno tribute on Sept 11th. Not just for Sean, but for all the men, women, & children who have lost their lives to senseless violence around the world.

Let's cover all of the Eve Universe with the blue glow.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Pap Uhotih
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-08-29 13:34:29 UTC
I could understand that there should probably be some general acknowledgment that players die, an event/monument/system or tournament etc. dedicated to all but to pick out one person to officially remember and not others is problematic, that's not to say that players shouldn't do what they feel is appropriate to remember an individual.
Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-08-30 01:26:43 UTC
Pap Uhotih wrote:
I could understand that there should probably be some general acknowledgment that players die, an event/monument/system or tournament etc. dedicated to all but to pick out one person to officially remember and not others is problematic, that's not to say that players shouldn't do what they feel is appropriate to remember an individual.

I see now, the point you and the others are raising. It makes sense, so I acknowledge, that although my heart was in the right place, my idea was not well thought out. I take it back.

Then, it is up to those players, who are serious about this, to organize such memorial events.

I am reminded of a similar event that occurred in World of Warcraft. A famous and well-liked player died, and her guild held a grand and somber memorial event. Many members of her guild participated and held their ceremony. Then the the Alliance showed up..... They held the memorial in a PvP zone, and that's where things went wrong. So, I advise that the planners take security into account.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-08-30 01:36:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyris Nairn
I think we need to have an annual DIPLOMATIC DISASTER not purple shoot it fleet and tribute, on 11 September.

edit: RIP Vile Rat

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Julius Priscus
#30 - 2013-08-30 02:06:47 UTC
Galaxy Android wrote:
Text of a Petition i created today:

Hello,
EVE Online is known for its awesome community.
This is a petition to create a special event for the former member of the Council of Stellar Management Vile Rat aka Sean Smith who touched so many lives in the EVE Universe. He is a victim of the U.S. Consulate attack in Benghazi on 11 September 2012. In honor for him, i think, it would be a great idea to create a "Tribute Firework Event" in Jita on 11 September 2013. There should be an announcement and like 400 free Rockets for every EvE Player to honor him in a big event.

What do you guys think about it?

never gonna happen , never want it to happen..
KingKongBon
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2013-08-30 05:17:55 UTC
I would like to move for a memorial day for my uncle Shortie.

Uncle Shortie had a big heart and was touched by so many ppl in this game. Equally, he touched many people as well. As a member of the catholic church, I suggest we honor him by massively stripping and touching each other in memory of him.

Rest in peace, Uncle Shortie... You were one in a million

Sointu Luonnotar
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-08-30 06:16:31 UTC
I still find it disgusting how Goons bleed their hearts out for this person, when they mercilessly mock others who have lost "one of their own", and in exceptionally bad taste.

What happened to him and three other people (that nobody here cares about) was tragic, and needless waste of life. I'm not denying that he was an important person in eve, and a possibly a great guy in IRL - I didn't know him personally - but he is not special any more than you or me when it comes to EVE. Were all equally murderable in this game, and nobody should expect any special treatment from CCP, because who you are does not matter in the game, whether you live or die does not matter, the gameworld drones on with or without you.

Just like any other of the hundreds of people that have died, make your own memorials for them, don't ask CCP to do it for you.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2013-08-30 06:17:18 UTC
KingKongBon wrote:
I would like to move for a memorial day for my uncle Shortie.

Uncle Shortie had a big heart and was touched by so many ppl in this game. Equally, he touched many people as well. As a member of the catholic church, I suggest we honor him by massively stripping and touching each other in memory of him.

Rest in peace, Uncle Shortie... You were one in a million

We will only entertain this idea if your Uncle Shortie was discussed on Glenn Beck's show.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-08-30 10:17:16 UTC
Galaxy Android wrote:

Hello,
This is a petition to create a special event for the former member of the Council of Stellar Management Vile Rat aka Sean Smith who touched so many lives in the EVE Universe. He is a victim of the U.S. Consulate attack in Benghazi on 11 September 2012. In honor for him, i think, it would be a great idea to create a "Tribute Firework Event" in Jita on 11 September 2013. There should be an announcement and like 400 free Rockets for every EvE Player to honor him in a big event.

free stuff is OK.

Vile Rat - i don't care about him

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Anea Ruminare
#35 - 2013-08-30 12:13:51 UTC
Galaxy Android wrote:

Hello,

So let me understand the facts.

After USA bombs the s*it out of Libya, and brings it back into medieval times, a person who is ******** enough to accept going into a country that is clearly the most dangerous place on earth, dies in an attack made by the same people his country helped to come power? And this happens in Benghazi the new capital of the "revolution", the center for the new Libyan Central Bank and Government?

Oh the irony. Please give a moment of laughter and aplaude his uniqueness.

And you want a special event to "honor" this man, that died like a piece of garbage in a foreign country he was not supposed to be in, in the first place? Oh please do that, commemorate the death of the "hero" with more than 50 000 fireworks, the estimated death no. of people DIRECTLY killed by his country in that war.

highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2013-08-30 14:48:00 UTC
Shoot Blues, Then Tell Vile Rat..

Last year's tribute was totally player driven. CCP should stay out of it. I haven't heard of anything set for this year, but I'm sure something will happen.

FC, what do?

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-08-30 15:13:55 UTC
Anea Ruminare wrote:
Galaxy Android wrote:

Hello,

So let me understand the facts.

After USA bombs the s*it out of Libya, and brings it back into medieval times, a person who is ******** enough to accept going into a country that is clearly the most dangerous place on earth, dies in an attack made by the same people his country helped to come power? And this happens in Benghazi the new capital of the "revolution", the center for the new Libyan Central Bank and Government?

Oh the irony. Please give a moment of laughter and aplaude his uniqueness.

And you want a special event to "honor" this man, that died like a piece of garbage in a foreign country he was not supposed to be in, in the first place? Oh please do that, commemorate the death of the "hero" with more than 50 000 fireworks, the estimated death no. of people DIRECTLY killed by his country in that war.

maybe were chosen too strong words but i agree with this post

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Previous page12