These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Someone has a 'little' Napoleon complex..

First post
Author
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#81 - 2013-08-29 17:32:05 UTC
Rhivre wrote:
Lots of people would like to chat with your about this in regards to how it relates to dreams, and other fantasies.

Everyone is a potential murderer, you just haven't had the right motivation yet.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#82 - 2013-08-29 18:05:27 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Rhivre wrote:
Lots of people would like to chat with your about this in regards to how it relates to dreams, and other fantasies.

Everyone is a potential murderer, you just haven't had the right motivation yet.

The very fact that Bieber is still alive shows that I am a saint. Or very evil for letting it continue.
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#83 - 2013-08-29 18:06:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Tardbar
Rhes wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:
[quote=Rhes]But again, would you tell a potential employer that you scam people in an online game?

This is almost the dumbest argument I've ever seen made on these forums. Unless my game playing habits were somehow germane to the job I was applying to then no I wouldn't give the interviewer a detailed list of my in-game activities.

When other posters ask if you're a 12 year old it's because of posts like the one you just made.

Of course you wouldn't volunteer this information, but if they asked you for your Facebook, Xbox live, and online gaming behavior would you feel comfortable giving it to them? They already ask for credit score and search for Facebook accounts as it is. What would they think if they saw "Just scammed someone in EVE online!" as one of your Facebook statuses? Would they understand that "its just a game"?

Maybe my thinking out of the box confuses everyone so they resort to ad homimen attacks when they can't comprehend the situation.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#84 - 2013-08-29 18:16:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Crap, google search of napoleon complex epeen sends me back to an EVE forums thread. About make chars taller in character creator, and featuring a post by Mr. Epeen. Ugh Stuck in an EVE-O forums infinite loop.

Apparently, as yet there have been no scholarly studies of the relation between Napoleon Complex and the epeen syndrome. Is there an inverse relationship between physical height and magnitude of epeen? We may never know.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#85 - 2013-08-29 18:29:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Plastic Psycho
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Crap, google search of napoleon complex epeen sends me back to an EVE forums thread. About make chars taller in character creator, and featuring a post by Mr. Epeen. Ugh Stuck in an EVE-O forums infinite loop.

You can log out any time you want...
...but you can never leave.

Quote:
Apparently, as yet there have been no scholarly studies of the relation between Napoleon Complex and the epeen syndrome. Is there an inverse relationship between physical height and magnitude of epeen? We may never know.
Too many academics have found the correlation to be self-evident, thus no studies.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2013-08-29 20:02:34 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:
[quote=Rhes]But again, would you tell a potential employer that you scam people in an online game?

This is almost the dumbest argument I've ever seen made on these forums. Unless my game playing habits were somehow germane to the job I was applying to then no I wouldn't give the interviewer a detailed list of my in-game activities.

When other posters ask if you're a 12 year old it's because of posts like the one you just made.

Of course you wouldn't volunteer this information, but if they asked you for your Facebook, Xbox live, and online gaming behavior would you feel comfortable giving it to them? They already ask for credit score and search for Facebook accounts as it is. What would they think if they saw "Just scammed someone in EVE online!" as one of your Facebook statuses? Would they understand that "its just a game"?

Maybe my thinking out of the box confuses everyone so they resort to ad homimen attacks when they can't comprehend the situation.

I don't know what kind of jobs you're applying for but as an actual adult I've never been asked for any of that information. I also don't run to Facebook every time I scam a pubbie or blow up a miner... Roll

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

S Byerley
The Manhattan Engineer District
#87 - 2013-08-29 20:05:27 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:

Scholars disagree on whether the Napoleon Complex exists at all.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#88 - 2013-08-29 22:38:21 UTC
EVE Online, too real.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#89 - 2013-08-29 23:13:59 UTC
Napoleon?
No. More of a Matthew McConaughey complex.
Czeris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#90 - 2013-08-30 00:15:31 UTC
Goons are fat.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#91 - 2013-08-30 01:31:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Captain Tardbar wrote:

Any employer who asks for that sort of information is not worth working for, in fact I believe there was a case recently where it was deemed illegal for them to ask for that sort of information.

It's very easy to stop an employer finding or viewing your facebook account, don't friend work colleagues and lock it down using the tools facebook provide, which incidentally can also stop Google crawling your particular account. A google search for my real name brings up zero results, relating to me personally, despite having a facebook account that uses it.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#92 - 2013-08-30 01:37:30 UTC
EVE Online: YOU'RE A BAD PERSON AND SHOULDN'T GET A JOB

BE SCARED

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#93 - 2013-08-30 01:39:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Alavaria Fera wrote:
EVE Online: YOU'RE A BAD PERSON AND SHOULDN'T GET A JOB

BE SCARED

Unless it's in politics and banking, in which case anything you can do in Eve is considered a minor misdemeanor or a qualification.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#94 - 2013-08-30 01:41:23 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:

i ask again: are you literally 12

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#95 - 2013-08-30 01:45:29 UTC
forget convicted felons, tax cheats and drug addicts, employers need to be on the lookout for people who scam morons in eve online

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#96 - 2013-08-30 01:53:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Tardbar
Andski wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:

i ask again: are you literally 12

Nope. 34 years old. Worked 10 years in IT/Tech support and had 2 years in a supervisor position. Worked for and with a few fortune 500 companies.

If you just want to call anyone that has a unique opinion on the meaning of morality a 12 year old to make yourself feel better about rationalizing your own views then I guess go right ahead. There isn't much I can do for you to help you see the world in a different light. You might want to try some capitalization and punctuation though. I hear the young people don't like to use that on their tweets so its hard to tell you apart from them.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#97 - 2013-08-30 01:59:34 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Nope. 34 years old. 10 years in IT/Tech support. 2 years in a supervisor position. Worked for and with a few fortune 500 companies.

If you just want to call anyone that has a unique opinion on the meaning of morality a 12 year old to make yourself feel better about rationalizing your own views then I guess go right ahead. There isn't much I can do for you to help you see the world in a different light. You might want to try some capitalization and punctuation though. I hear the young people don't like to use that on their tweets.

so playing a game in accordance to its rules is immoral

thank you for setting my moral compass straight, Captain "the guy who ganked my hulk should be fired from his job irl" Tardbar

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#98 - 2013-08-30 02:16:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Tardbar
Andski wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Nope. 34 years old. 10 years in IT/Tech support. 2 years in a supervisor position. Worked for and with a few fortune 500 companies.

If you just want to call anyone that has a unique opinion on the meaning of morality a 12 year old to make yourself feel better about rationalizing your own views then I guess go right ahead. There isn't much I can do for you to help you see the world in a different light. You might want to try some capitalization and punctuation though. I hear the young people don't like to use that on their tweets.

so playing a game in accordance to its rules is immoral

thank you for setting my moral compass straight, Captain "the guy who ganked my hulk should be fired from his job irl" Tardbar

Well its not stealing your grandma's social security check immoral, but its about as immoral as taking money from another player playing poker in Las Vegas. If you can't see morality in such actions then I can't help you.

Just because the game says you can do such a thing, doesn't make it moral. The game itself doesn't have the rules of morality, that is still subjective to society and the person committing the action.

I'm not saying that you are a bad person who should be arrested... I'm saying you still have actions of morality can be judged by the rest of society however slight.

The issue with EVE is not that the rules say you must scam and gank, but you can gank and scam if you make the willing choice to do so.

You make an in game moral choice to do bad actions just like you do in that game Fable.

It doesn't make you a sociopath or a criminal, but it does show you like to have an outlet by fantasizing about doing immoral things.

Also, I highly doubt someone would fire you if you are found to be a douche canoe online. Its just I am asking would you be comfortable with employers knowing this.

Mayhaw Morgan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#99 - 2013-08-30 02:16:38 UTC
Andski wrote:
Captain "the guy who ganked my hulk should be fired from his job irl" Tardbar

Would you gank your boss' Hulk? Would you gank your mother's Hulk? Would you gank a developmentally challenged person's Hulk?

How would they feel about it?
How would you feel about it?
How should the world feel about it and why?
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#100 - 2013-08-30 02:23:05 UTC
Oh ho ho eve online so real.

Would you gank Mayhaw Morgan's hulk?