These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Domi] Any reason to use sentry rigs over DDA II's in low slots?

Author
Operator XIII
My Tax Shelter
#1 - 2013-08-29 15:03:45 UTC
According to EFT, the DDA mods boost sentry damage too... so why would anyone ever use the sentry rigs anymore (that don't boost the other drone types)?? Am I missing something here?
The Spod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-08-29 15:10:44 UTC
There is no relevant use for the sentry rigs nowadays that I know of. Even the t2 rig has smaller bonus so it won't stack penalize beneficially like t2 burst aerators do vs. damage mods.
Ginger Barbarella
#3 - 2013-08-29 15:42:45 UTC
It ain't all about DPS... sometimes you have to fit to be able to survive whilst your drones do their thing. Blink

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

The Spod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-08-29 16:11:00 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
It ain't all about DPS... sometimes you have to fit to be able to survive whilst your drones do their thing. Blink

This however doesn't apply here, because the calibration cost and rig slot of SDA would give the same tank as that lowslot which DDA takes.
Kasutra
No Vacancies
No Vacancies.
#5 - 2013-08-29 17:29:30 UTC
It's just obsolete.
Alticus C Bear
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-08-29 18:48:07 UTC
Most of the drone rigs are very poor now. The only ones worth using are the ones for control range as this is not stacking penalised and saves high slots.
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#7 - 2013-08-29 18:54:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Gianath
Operator XIII wrote:
According to EFT, the DDA mods boost sentry damage too... so why would anyone ever use the sentry rigs anymore (that don't boost the other drone types)?? Am I missing something here?

I still run a sentry rig on my PVE Ishtar though, and even then it's just when I armor fit as low slots for tank are in very short supply. I don't think I would ever use this rig on a battleship or shield tanked ship now.