These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Peace is Boring

First post First post
Author
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#281 - 2013-08-28 18:54:09 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Don't you have your own forums that might be viewed by upper managment?

I mean there is nothing wrong telling GD, but I don't think it will acheive anything other than "Grrr Goons" posts.

I am curious as to why you think only one party (GSF) needs to be addressed here. There are numerous other entities who might choose to be the aggressor against GSF, which a post on our internal forums would not address.

Don't hedge....

If you want something, go get it! Start that war! GSF won't mind, they value the individual!

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#282 - 2013-08-28 18:55:52 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

ganking me with a hauler, thats something new, looking forward to that
You mean like the hauler that provided the tackle on your 2xWCS Cov-ops loss?

you are not even on the killboard dude, maybe start playing, and your friend is even worse, 10 solo kills in 4 yeras, lol, i beat you both in the first first month

And your point is?

3 slots, 3 characters, 1 of which does appear on killboards. I mainly do PvE and industry, why the hell would I kill people with a PvE or industrial character when I have one that is neither of those things.

:'DDD there you go, a carebear :DD
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#283 - 2013-08-28 19:01:08 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

you are not even on the killboard dude, maybe start playing, and your friend is even worse, 10 solo kills in 4 yeras, lol, i beat you both in the first first month

And your point is?

3 slots, 3 characters, 1 of which does appear on killboards. I mainly do PvE and industry, why the hell would I kill people with a PvE or industrial character when I have one that is neither of those things.

Says the guy who has only killed non pvp ships
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#284 - 2013-08-28 19:01:56 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

And your point is?

You sure do only liike to read a small snipit of ones post and make it sound like you are so clever with your insults.. I believe he said he has one guy that murders others as well..
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#285 - 2013-08-28 19:02:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Harry Forever wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

And your point is?

Nope a carebear is someone that want's to play Eve in single player mode, with zero risk of interference from other players.

I'm somebody that prefers to do industry and PvE but am happy to accept that people can, and will shoot at me, scam me, otherwise bend me over and violate me. If they couldn't do those things I'd have stuck with playing single player games.

If, however you wish to use the term carebear to describe people like myself, that accept that Eve is primarily a PvP game, then yes I'm a carebear.

Edit, yes I have a character that murders people, 1.76B isk kills 0.27B isk losses.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#286 - 2013-08-28 19:05:57 UTC
Andski wrote:
Mayhaw Morgan wrote:
Many of us have already tried to explain to you the reasons why attacking Goonswarm proper isn't really an option but let me re-iterate a few of them in case you forgot:

force projection
invlunerable logistics
free intel
reinforcement timers
structure HP amounts
lack of friendly fire, etc.

Without rebalancing these and probably other game mechanics, a "war" against the CFC amounts to heaping piles of ISK onto a campfire and roasting marshmellows while we tell ghost stories.

You're clearly not up to speed so let me help you get there: IT Alliance, the NC and SoCo all went down despite those things all existing and giving them what you seem to believe is an insurmountable advantage

Unless you think reinforcement timers should be removed from the game to ensure that there are never any fights over sovereignty anywhere, in which case, your input isn't exactly valued!

Make it challenging then.

I know, let's make it a lottery;

Attack multiple regions in various places at once.

The one who loses the tower the following engagement, wins!

If you really want to walk in and pretend you matter, do so.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#287 - 2013-08-28 19:10:11 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Osileon Yoshimeru wrote:
tldr:

Just make some mock wars. Im sure you can sacrifice a few supers.

You said it yourself how spoils of war is great and all. Do some fleet training and burn some of that isk off while you wait for next war. You can try out new tactics and stuff you weren't really sure of doing during a real war.

We could probably organize some intra-CFC brawls, but they would necessarily be limited in scope and size. Neither side of a mock war would want to fully escalate, because doing so depletes real assets which might at any time need to be marshaled against a real aggressor. You can understand why this is not an attractive option.

Fully commit. Reset coalition. No "blues". You are goonswarm, act like it.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#288 - 2013-08-28 19:15:55 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Tron 3K wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Anna Karhunen wrote:
So... go talk to your superiors and Goons and get that war rolling. Shouting for it here in General Discussion won't get you anywhere.

You know, for a change of pace someone else could be the aggressor. Smile

Yes who wants to take their shot at a blob.. Maybe break up your alliance and duke it out with them for fun. Why you need all those people anyways.

Lots of people want to take a shot at the blob. Plenty of folks fought against us in Fountain. And on the other side of space, plenty of folks are fighting a blob just as big as the CFC. "The blob," honestly, is a tired line and has been since its first utterance as a rationalization for cognitive dissonance and logistical failure. Employing as many people as you can muster to fight a common foe is a simple element of strategy that has served humanity forever, and it is no different in the pretend space future. But perhaps you are right: perhaps we have become victims of our own successful diplomacy. We shall see what the future holds.

It's almost like you are speaking as someone not a part of the "blob"...

Something tells me you are not happy with your own current situation and you should do something about it.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#289 - 2013-08-28 19:17:29 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Na Und wrote:
Thank you for sharing. Is there a newsletter? I'd like to subscribe.

I realize this isn't exactly a new sentiment, and that's kind of my point.

Most of the entities in this game claim to enjoy fighting to some degree more than they enjoy the trappings of success. Battle reports across the game love to crow about good fights, about killboard stats, and so on. While those particular metrics of fun or success do not generally matter to me or to most goons the alternative is a boring peace where the only action in a given day is a small roaming gang that comes through and leaves before anyone can be bothered to report it much less form up and fight it.

Fear, according to Frank Herbert's Dune, is the mind-killer. I disagree: it's boredom.

This is a game about spaceships and space men shooting each other in space! We should be moving on from the Fountain Campaign to the next. War brings with it multiple fleets per day, of various doctrines, that everyone from a day old newbie to a bitter veteran can join or command. That sort of thing is good for the game, good for the economy, good for the press, and so on. In short, everyone wins when everyone is fighting (except for the loser, but no one likes a loser anyway). War brings with it a reason to log in, a reason to have several covops and scout accounts subscribed, and in general things to do that are much more emergent and engaging than PVE content can provide.

So let's have a war!

I have an idea that may appeal to you. If you want a rip roaring drag-down, hair-pulling, face-kicking, no-holds-barred war, then have a good ol' fashioned civil war. The fearsome animosity that is created in any civil division makes for some of the most vicious fighting anywhere. Everything from divorces all the way up to civil wars are some of the most contentious. I think you'll have a blast!

This.

Turn on those SA forum filters for your "blue" status.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#290 - 2013-08-28 19:19:06 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Spergie Scrublord wrote:
The OP, a member of the most powerful alliance in the game - the one that openly and proudly scams, schemes, backstabs and does whatever it can at any opportunity - should truly go down in the history books as the best example ever of the worst case of EVE Online's First World Problems. S/he is no doubt here on the forums presenting her case to subtly prepare us for TheMittani's next big declaration of whatever he has planned. Just a hunch, because this overblown piece of ridiculous writing smells of -- something.

I am not an official source for Goonswarm, nor do I write for TMC, nor am I otherwise (to my knowledge) a mouthpiece. I would love for you to be right, though! To have some new offensive announced within the next few days would make me happy as a clam.

Quote:
If not, nay I suggest to the OP that making an alt and sending it to Syndicate, where it is constant war with no reasons needed, might relieve her boredom.

Hell, for a serious reality check, drop out of Goonswarm and play the game like the pubbies do. ***gaaaaaaasp***

You may not be aware, but GSF actually has a pretty good presence in Syndicate.

Meh, they'd hot dropped us over on moonies territory a few times, and we've hotdropped them.

The euro gsf's are pretty cool guys. They actually "gf" and and chat, not just sperg random memes and links.

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#291 - 2013-08-28 19:21:15 UTC
someone has a real hard on for the cfc to reset each other
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#292 - 2013-08-28 19:29:07 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Sol Kal'orr wrote:
If you want a war, start a war.

I don't think I'm allowed to willfully start a diplomatic incident.

Who the hell is going to tell you no?

Are you a yesman?

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#293 - 2013-08-28 19:29:58 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Leigh Akiga wrote:
The Baby-sitter wrote:
No hate intended - but the CFC has made EvE boring.

Soo attack the cfc? Why does all of 0.0 revolve around the cfc?

This is curious to me, too. Why does every suggestion in this thread come back to what the CFC should do? Is there no one left in EVE Online who wants to do things for "the lulz," or for the "good fights," or whatever else people are calling fun these days? Surely among the various entities still hostile to the CFC, and to GSF particularly, one of them would like to step up to the plate and show that they have the courage, and the competency, to match their convictions?

The first step always starts from within!

So start it already!

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#294 - 2013-08-28 19:30:16 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
Isaac Collins wrote:
Lyris Nairn wrote:
There needs to be another war soon. Peace makes for little reason to log in but to amass space money. Having the spoils of war is great, and everyone appreciates them; but, most of the fun in this curiously excellent spaceship sandbox is in the actual taking rather than in the having.

Declare war on eve, Start destroying every poco you see, you're bound to ruffle some jimmies and get the blood flowing again.

Who even cares about pocos?

The people who own them of course silly!

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#295 - 2013-08-28 19:30:46 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
someone has a real hard on for the cfc to reset each other

I have a hardon for other reasons..
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#296 - 2013-08-28 19:40:38 UTC
Freakdevil wrote:
I vote for a Goon Civil War. C'mon you know you want it. The Drama would be fun. Good cop bad cop. The cherry on top is you stab everyone in the back and take ALL the space.

Make sure you send me a cut when your done. The idea is worth Trillions.

Pro renter VS Anti Renter!

Fight!

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#297 - 2013-08-28 19:41:43 UTC
Andski wrote:
Also it biomassed its last trash spewing alt how adorable

You cared enough to find out, that's awesome.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#298 - 2013-08-28 19:42:50 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Rekon X wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Rekon X wrote:

I don't have a bunch of little alts scanning out retrievers for me.

That is what goonsuck does.
So this is your main? You're quite happy to shiptoast, but unwilling to suffer the consequences, so you hide behind an NPC corps skirt.

{sarcasm} I envy your fortitude and bravery. {/sarcasm}

Who the hell scans Retrievers? 2 Catalysts will kill a Retriever in a 0.8 before Concord turns up regardless of the tank, unless of course Concord are already present on the field.

Goons do, I was up in Osmon a few days ago for their so called ice interdiction. What a joke that was. They wouldn't come up to the icefields. Cowering little bitches.
If they wouldn't come up to the ice fields, how were they scanning Retrievers?
Have Goons got access to a magical device that scans ship fits over a vast distance?

I'm 90% sure they wouldn't waste their time scanning Retrievers. They'd scan Mackinaws, Orcas & Hulks yes, Retrievers nope, and in all likelihood they'd be doing it with unaffiliated scouts.

Station undocks aren't very "vast".

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#299 - 2013-08-28 19:43:03 UTC
It's a troll post, but I'll bite.

1) Walk into a room where people are fighting.
2) Get somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the people in that room to stop fighting each other.
3) Complain that there aren't as many fights as before.

Not saying that item 2 is necessarily bad, but item 3 is a necessary consequence of item 2.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#300 - 2013-08-28 19:43:34 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
Rekon X wrote:
Andski wrote:
Rekon X wrote:
I posted numbers with links. All I hear from you is more goonpud propaganda.

Hide in your numbers. It's where the suck goes.

npc alts aren't people

Awww, sorry goonswine.

Didn't Marmite just get done spanking you? Yea, they spanked you hard.

Go hide in your little area surrounded by your allies.

A spanking would be PL dropping 100 supercaps on a cfc cap fleet. Playing station games in high sec doesn't even register.

A loss is a loss.