These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Combat Recon: DECLOAK BUBBLE.

Author
The Spod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-08-28 09:16:31 UTC  |  Edited by: The Spod
Suggestion:

Make cloaking a more interesting game of hiding by giving Combat Recon Ships a unique role, the ability to fit a

••• Detection Sphere Generator •••

This module decloaks hostiles at a 25(t1) 35(t2) or 45(faction) km radius. Due to the currents caused by jump portal generators, the module cannot be used in the proximity of stargates (detectionradius+5km).

Note: CR's cannot fit a covert cloak.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2013-08-28 09:29:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Danika Princip
Why do bombers need this kind of a nerf?
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#3 - 2013-08-28 09:34:25 UTC
I dont see a reason to spend a Slot for this
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#4 - 2013-08-28 09:38:07 UTC
Yes, by all means buff recons being used for gate camps.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#5 - 2013-08-28 09:41:23 UTC
This is a great idea!

However, in order to maintain balance all cloaking modules should no longer have any negative penalties for use, should have no lock delay, should give +25% resists across the board and give a 200% hp bonus.

/sarcasm

in all seriousness, no thanks.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#6 - 2013-08-28 09:46:34 UTC
Why is this needed and what problem does it solve?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#7 - 2013-08-28 09:50:17 UTC
Alternatively let combat recons use probes to find cloaked opponents? That requires a bit more effort and planning.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-08-28 09:53:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Debora Tsung
I wonder why I even bumped the AFK Cloaking collection thread... Ugh

EDIT: I want a module with maybe 50km range that prevents anything from entering or leaving a POS Forcefield... Just sayin'.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#9 - 2013-08-28 10:39:35 UTC
I shall attempt to translate the OP

1: Dear CCP, make gate camps impossible to bypass so I can get easy kills
2: Dear CCP, make bombing runs impossible so I don't get bombed
3: Dear CCP, I am bad at your game
WrATH2Zero
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-08-28 11:08:29 UTC  |  Edited by: WrATH2Zero
Yeah, as if gate camps aren't hard enough to get past and you have about 10 ships locking you as you uncloak, as they scramble over each other to get the kill.
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#11 - 2013-08-28 11:28:51 UTC
While there are merits to being able to find/decloak ships having some form of bubble effect do it for you is patently bad game design. Probes as a method have been suggested a million times but honestly short of introducing a new gameplay mechanic or module it's the best way to achieve this.

I'm leaving this thread due to lack of value.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#12 - 2013-08-28 11:29:23 UTC
Totally fine with this, but to balance it out, you shouldn't be able to activate the module on
- stations
- gates
- anomalies
- asteroid belts
- scannable signatures
- planet/sun/moon-grids
- near infrastructure upgrades

This is how you balance it out.

+1 under those conditions.
Athena Machina
Akadeimia Keipouron SVK
Apocalypse Now.
#13 - 2013-08-28 11:57:16 UTC
Rather than a bubble, it can be a pulse weapon type that can be activated once every 3 mins and generates a pulse 10 kms in radius that will decloak all ships within the radius.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-08-28 12:00:42 UTC
I can support this!
But only if it affects all modules, cloaks, mining lasers, turrets, MWD, AB, cynos, shield boosters, armor repairers, resistance hardeners, cap boosters, ect...

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Edwin McAlister
Empire Hooligans
#15 - 2013-08-28 12:39:16 UTC
perhaps it is view point... so many people see the cloak as something that is active making a ship "invisible"... we are talking about space here... something the size of our ships, for the most part wont be visible to the human eye, unless at extremely close range and are only visible to some sort of electromagnetic detection....

when a cloak is "activated" it is not making the ship "invisible" it is masking the electromagnetic signature of the ship, making it invisible to detection by active electromagnetic means......... turning off excess power systems... dampeners on the engines... using maneuver thrusters instead of main drives .... special internal shielding to mask internal electromagnetic systems.... this shielding would have the side effect of making those same electronics harder to disrupt by some sort of "burst" of energy near by

it is not "put on the magic ring and no one can see me" type of item

some sort of "decloak" bubble , is sending out some sort of burst of electromagnetic energy in a sphere out many kilometers... the amount of power required would be significant, in addition, by nature, stealth ships would be equipped with absorbent materials on the hull that make them significantly harder to detect (hmmm, maybe that should be a rig...something to reduce signature radius by a bit with slight penalty on armor.. blah, that's another discussion)

sending out a burst of energy in all directions just wont cut it for ships to detect cloak
Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-08-28 12:44:38 UTC
The Spod wrote:
Note: CR's cannot fit a covert cloak.

Is this "let's balance this really stupid idea by adding penalty to ship it already has"?
Solutio Letum
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-08-28 14:26:42 UTC
The problem is the range of SB's are 30 km and 30 only, you need to be able to counter that has a SB, by adding velocity or something to your bombs, maybe that means adding mid sloes modules to make them go faster.

Altho i think this module could not be activated on gates. Or in higsec for the matter of it forcing someone out of cloak is aggression in some ways.
Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#18 - 2013-08-29 10:02:32 UTC
yes please

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#19 - 2013-08-29 10:41:47 UTC
Yeah... I'm going to go with "no".

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Siobhan MacLeary
Doomheim
#20 - 2013-08-29 11:09:23 UTC
Oh look, another one of these threads.

No. This is a terrible idea. Please rethink your motivations for posting this thread.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

12Next page