These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Drone Bay Mechanics

Author
General Guardian
Perkone
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-08-27 11:19:32 UTC
I don't think being able to swap the drones from cargo/drone bay would be a great idea, there's reasons we can't do it as it is.
Not sure about having a module that repairs the drones, but rather just a passive effect effected by a skill, the drones don't really need extra management than they already have

As for the drone UI, I think seeing as CCP have introduced Radial menus, perhaps we can have a Drone specific Radial menu if you hold right click on a target that is locked, which we can send drone orders from, where we can select from individual drones or the entire flight. Or even if coding would permit it, separate groups of drones that we have set up in our drone bay.

The radial menu that pops up on the target could have 6 options.

All Drones Attack
Drone Group 1 Attack
Drone Group 2 Attack
Drone Group 3 Attack
Drone Group 4 Attack
Drone Group 5 Attack

This would save a lot of effort when it comes to Drone micro management especially with sentries vs smaller ships where you don't need all 5 sentries to shoot 1 target.

On top of this, perhaps a button in the drone box for launching drone groups, instead of the right clicking. With a little lag the context menu is incredibly unresponsive, making drone management a nightmare.

NIJofleyUK
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#22 - 2013-08-27 13:32:34 UTC
General Guardian wrote:
Skill: Drone Bay Repair Efficiency (Mechanic Category) Rank 6

Increases drone repair speed while drones are in the drone bay (Shield/Hull/Armor) by 5% per level.

Base speed of say 5hp/10 seconds (flexible)

Would sorta make sense for some sort of repair bay for drones inside the ship.

Feedback appreciated.

GG

++1 Yeah I definately think this is a great idea. Makes sense tbh.

Instant Annihilation ::

> Join channel IAPUB for more information! (Recruiting)

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-08-27 13:42:05 UTC
General Guardian wrote:
All Drones Attack
Drone Group 1 Attack
Drone Group 2 Attack
Drone Group 3 Attack
Drone Group 4 Attack
Drone Group 5 Attack

This would save a lot of effort when it comes to Drone micro management especially with sentries vs smaller ships where you don't need all 5 sentries to shoot 1 target.

On top of this, perhaps a button in the drone box for launching drone groups, instead of the right clicking. With a little lag the context menu is incredibly unresponsive, making drone management a nightmare.

Tbh, I'd be happy if we had undock group# X short cuts. We already have Drone attack short cuts.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

General Guardian
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-08-27 13:49:51 UTC
Debora Tsung wrote:
General Guardian wrote:
All Drones Attack
Drone Group 1 Attack
Drone Group 2 Attack
Drone Group 3 Attack
Drone Group 4 Attack
Drone Group 5 Attack

Tbh, I'd be happy if we had undock group# X short cuts. We already have Drone attack short cuts.

Well there'd be plenty of room on a radial menu I guess.

Another proposition then, Holding Right mouse button on the Capacitor opens up a Drone Control Radial menu (currently it doesn't nothing, only a single click)

This Radial menu would have the ability to launch the groups we have set in our bays, or just normal launch them.
Ill add this to my original post too I think.

The Targeted Radial menu I guess then could be controlling individual drones.
Horus V
The Destined
#25 - 2013-08-27 15:21:34 UTC
+1 for drones that could be repaired inside drone bay.

V

General Guardian
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-08-27 15:28:21 UTC
I have revised the radial menu idea for launching, attacking and recalling and added it to the original post. Each of 5 groups of drones will be controllable via a radial menu activated on a target via holding right click.

It still fits under the same title I guess.
SkupojHren
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2013-08-27 16:32:49 UTC
not to mention the new rat ai doesnt help at all with drones in both pve and pvp.
General Guardian
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-08-28 17:20:50 UTC
Bump, because Fred, Bob, Richard, Abdul and me Julie got some hate recently (My hammerhead II's) and I would love to have comforted them in my drone bay.
Fighter Maurset
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-09-29 16:41:15 UTC
Bump:

I would alsolike ti see an option for reapairing drones in Donebay as well.
Gimme a module, passive or active... something whatever... right now things are silly.

If my pilot is certain to face death... I want full ramming speed towards the enemy ship...

Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#30 - 2013-09-29 17:26:08 UTC
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
Maybe it should also possible to load Drones from Cargo into Drone Bay (one Way only) with a long reload cycle (3-5 Minutes) so we could reload the Drone Bay.

If its not Overpowered it could be also possible to reload them back into Cargo for optimising damage Types in Space...

Long ago, I proposed a HIGH slot module to do this, very long reload cycle indeed. My idea was that it should be feasible for ships that are primarily droneboats to re-stock their drone bay, from cargo bay, when on deep missoins where they can't dock in stations or at POSses, but only very slowly, and at the great opportunity cost of a HIGH slot spent on such a module (or multiple HIGH slots if you want to be able to re-stock your drone bay faster).
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Crunchy Crunchy
#31 - 2013-09-29 21:47:18 UTC
Can't you just use armour reps on them in space? Also moving drones from cargo to bay negates the whole point in the bay size really.
Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#32 - 2013-09-29 22:27:34 UTC
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba wrote:
Can't you just use armour reps on them in space? Also moving drones from cargo to bay negates the whole point in the bay size really.

except most ships that make use of sentries have low sensor resolutions (battleships, carriers)
repping drones doesn't make sense unless you have a logi alt

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Previous page12