These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PI: Storage question

Author
Vicker Lahn'se
Stryker Industries
Stryker Group
#1 - 2011-11-11 23:37:51 UTC
Let's say I have an extractor and a basic processor both routing to and from the same launchpad. The processor takes R0 from the launchpad, turns it into P1, and sends it back to the launchpad. If the launchpad gets filled completely with R0 from the extractor, does the processor take its next clump of R0 first before trying to deposit the P1? Does this clog up the system and prevent the processor from depositing its P1?
Thur Barbek
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-11-12 00:57:54 UTC
I don't know, but assuming the worst, it still fixes itself after one cycle. You lose one cycle of p1 because theres no room to deliver, but then the factories will get the new p0, thus creating storage for the 2nd batch of p1.

When an extractor or factory doesn't have room to put its finished product, the product disappears, it does not sit in the factory waiting for space.

I tend to leave a couple hundred m/3 free in the launchpad as a buffer for these kinds of things.
Gritz1
Ice Fire Warriors
#3 - 2011-11-12 08:55:11 UTC
Why not just have a warehouse?

And if its skill related, why not train to skill level 2?

Idea
Dalloway Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2011-11-12 19:41:40 UTC
A warehouse is generally a waste of grid.
Vicker Lahn'se
Stryker Industries
Stryker Group
#5 - 2011-11-12 22:49:01 UTC
Gritz1 wrote:
Why not just have a warehouse?

And if its skill related, why not train to skill level 2?

Idea

Because for the price of a warehouse, you can have another extractor head or factory.
Gritz1
Ice Fire Warriors
#6 - 2011-11-13 05:35:25 UTC
Wow, I guess I don't understand how to properly use everything on the PI. I go extractor - warehouse - factory - warehouse - launch. Im just refining the stuff I extract on the planet and selling it for a little passive income.
Vicker Lahn'se
Stryker Industries
Stryker Group
#7 - 2011-11-13 05:52:18 UTC
Gritz1 wrote:
Wow, I guess I don't understand how to properly use everything on the PI. I go extractor - warehouse - factory - warehouse - launch. Im just refining the stuff I extract on the planet and selling it for a little passive income.

No reason to be rude. You asked a question and I answered it. I didn't say your way was wrong; I merely gave you a reason why I would prefer to not use a warehouse. Regardless, that doesn't actually answer my question.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#8 - 2011-11-13 15:07:09 UTC
Thur Barbek wrote:
I don't know, but assuming the worst, it still fixes itself after one cycle. You lose one cycle of p1 because theres no room to deliver, but then the factories will get the new p0, thus creating storage for the 2nd batch of p1.

When an extractor or factory doesn't have room to put its finished product, the product disappears, it does not sit in the factory waiting for space.

I tend to leave a couple hundred m/3 free in the launchpad as a buffer for these kinds of things.

^this.

Though generally, if I'm doing extraction, it's not on the same planet as factories ... but that's just me.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia