These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Change PLEX game time?

First post
Author
fatron22 Echerie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-08-25 08:46:21 UTC
Good, I get 293 days of subscription and I do not want to play more.

I wonder if there is any way to change my game time or directly sell PLEX myself so as not to lose all that amount of time

regards
Jack Morrison
Team Liquid crp.
#2 - 2013-08-25 08:56:23 UTC
The only way to convert game time to plex/isk is to train a char and sell him in the char.bazaar section.

Looking for a group to pew with ? Have a chat with me.

fatron22 Echerie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-08-25 09:19:28 UTC
Then I would sell for ISK and then change it for PLEX. And then those would sell PLEX for euros

That would be the procedure??
Rutger Janssen
Chanuur
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2013-08-25 09:23:44 UTC
fatron22 Echerie wrote:

sell PLEX for euros

Selling in game items for RL currency is an EULA violation and results in a perma ban.
Chic Botany
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-08-25 10:44:40 UTC
So let's assume you're a forum alt (please tell us you're a forum alt, and didn't subscribe to a game for a year without knowing you're going to like it)

Basically you're screwed, game time applied has no isk value, and since you can't sell the account since that's a big no-no so train it up for the remaining time and sell it, or just walk away and learn from it.
Nimrod vanHall
Van Mij Belastingvrij
#6 - 2013-08-25 11:03:59 UTC
Hmmm buy gametime 1 year -> convert to plex -> sell back Plex for Euro's get 1 year gametime +20% since plex are more expensive then 30 days game time buy year game time repeat and make a profitt :D
Azitek
Serenity Labs
#7 - 2013-08-25 11:18:06 UTC
Nimrod vanHall wrote:
Hmmm buy gametime 1 year -> convert to plex -> sell back Plex for Euro's get 1 year gametime +20% since plex are more expensive then 30 days game time buy year game time repeat and make a profitt :D

Since you didn't bother to read, I'll repeat it for you.

Rutger Janssen wrote:
Selling in game items for RL currency is an EULA violation and results in a perma ban.

This includes PLEX. There's no legal way to convert PLEX or gametime into real life money.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-08-25 14:48:55 UTC
He won't care about the EULA.
He wants to leave and get his money back and he will try it,
because there's no actual consequence. He could fail, that's all.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#9 - 2013-08-25 17:41:38 UTC
There is no legal way to gain anything IRL for this. Even if you trained the character the last days and sold the character the ISK you get is only of value in game.

You can't trade any ISK or items for IRL stuff legally.

The Drake is a Lie

Mr Pragmatic
#10 - 2013-08-25 19:57:45 UTC
Might I suggest letting a friend "watch" over your account. In return they give you some "compensation".

Sell character on bazaar for plex, take plex buy some sort of fanfest ticket. Sell ticket, dunno if that's against the Eula.

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Tollen Gallen
Glory of Reprisal Enterprise
#11 - 2013-08-25 20:03:04 UTC
since noone has asked yet....

CAN I HAS YOUR STOOFS?

Zimmy Zeta - I f*cking love martinis. the original ones, with gin, not that vodka martini crap. Your old Friends can use me for 7 days, free!!!

Rutger Janssen
Chanuur
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2013-08-25 21:04:19 UTC
Mr Pragmatic wrote:
Might I suggest letting a friend "watch" over your account. In return they give you some "compensation".

Sell character on bazaar for plex, take plex buy some sort of fanfest ticket. Sell ticket, dunno if that's against the Eula.

That would fall under account sharing.

"End user license agreement" wrote:
You may not share your Account with anyone, or allow anyone other than you personally (or your minor child, if you have registered an Account on behalf of your minor child) to access or use your Account.

Does noone read the eula or something: http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula/
Dalmont Delantee
Gecko Corp
#13 - 2013-08-25 21:18:55 UTC
fatron22 Echerie wrote:
Good, I get 293 days of subscription and I do not want to play more.

I wonder if there is any way to change my game time or directly sell PLEX myself so as not to lose all that amount of time

regards

Finding it too hard? Having issues with getting popped in low sec? Having issues with being conned?

S Byerley
The Manhattan Engineer District
#14 - 2013-08-25 21:57:22 UTC
Xercodo wrote:

Legal and taxable in Australia.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-08-25 22:06:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Xercodo wrote:
There is no legal way to gain anything IRL for this. Even if you trained the character the last days and sold the character the ISK you get is only of value in game.

Perspective.

The EULA won't criminalize anybody who does it, (it's not illegal per se...)
but CCP may permaban the account. (...but CCP doesn't like it)

Either way, CCP should just ban that moron right away anyway.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2013-08-25 22:44:53 UTC
I'm amused by all the people saying "but RMT is against the EULA!" as if someone who's leaving the game and won't be playing it again will actually care.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Cynter DeVries
Spheroidal Projections
#17 - 2013-08-26 00:49:20 UTC
Rutger Janssen wrote:
Mr Pragmatic wrote:

That would fall under account sharing.

"End user license agreement" wrote:
You may not share your Account with anyone, or allow anyone other than you personally (or your minor child, if you have registered an Account on behalf of your minor child) to access or use your Account.

Does noone read the eula or something: http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula/

Shocked
It says it can kidnap me from Fanfest and turn me in to human centiPad that plays Eve Offline!

We really need to read those EULAs!.

Cynter's Law of feature suggestion: Thou shalt not suggest NPCs do something players could do instead.

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-08-26 13:13:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Tron 3K
I don't know this Eula you speak of.. is she hot? or is it a dude?!
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#19 - 2013-08-26 13:26:25 UTC
Tron 3K wrote:
I don't know this Eula you speak of.. is she hot? or is it a dude?!
Eastern Unknown Ladies Andsomuchmore.

(Sorry, it's a terrible joke and a non-sequiter acronym Oops)

@S Byerley: There are a few things in the EULA that "you, the consumer", actually can't void your rights on in the EU, but you "do" by accepting the EULA. See fx. the Steam issue of reselling games. The question then becomes, if you can't sign those parts of the EULA - or at least can't waiver your rights - what can CCP do?
Ban you, in short. EULA's are never a law and cannot hit you by themselves apart from stop of service.

So even if it might be legal under Australian law to sell ISK/PLEX/accounts, and breaking the EULA can't enable CCP to prosecute you, it will enable them to terminate your access to the services they provide.
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#20 - 2013-08-26 13:31:09 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I'm amused by all the people saying "but RMT is against the EULA!" as if someone who's leaving the game and won't be playing it again will actually care.

Because people want to associate EULA with civil law. CCP has domain over their game but it ends there. Also for some people this is more than a game..it is their life so getting banned would be tramatic.
12Next page