These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suggestion for a new form of hybrid PvE/PvP content: Distress Calls

Author
Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#21 - 2013-06-11 11:53:45 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
On the 'why':

One major failure of Incursions, IMO, is that while they are competitive, at least in highsec where most of them are run, they encourage a form of competition that is not like EVE competitiveness.

Incursions should have been placed in low and null only since day one; and I suspect this was the original incursion design and compliant with the original overpowered rewards they gave. HS incursions was a major mistake.
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#22 - 2013-06-11 11:54:49 UTC
Great idea! This is the first thing I've read for ages which might actually get me to keep a character in high sec.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#23 - 2013-06-12 12:30:34 UTC
Tchulen wrote:
Great idea! This is the first thing I've read for ages which might actually get me to keep a character in high sec.

Wasn't really my intention, but shaking up player behaviour works wonders for a competitive game

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

TehCloud
Guardians of the Dodixie
#24 - 2013-06-12 12:37:15 UTC
Quite a good idea.

But make it:

• lowsec only.
  • not possible to light a cyno inside
  • forbidden for rookie ships to enter (no km whoring)
  • not a region wide distress, just a few systems and you get a popup telling you the system. Make people search for them.
  • have decent enemies. No 200dps BS but let them have some decent firepower.

My Condor costs less than that module!

Sabriz Adoudel
#25 - 2013-06-17 00:54:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabriz Adoudel
TehCloud wrote:
Quite a good idea.

But make it:

• lowsec only.
  • not a region wide distress, just a few systems and you get a popup telling you the system. Make people search for them.

With those changes, I feel this idea would serve a totally different purpose.

My idea was to drive fleet fights in all sorts of space by giving everyone in the area at the time a strategic goal worth fighting for. Your idea sounds much more like a way to incentivise medium sized gangs roaming lowsec space. (Which also is worth doing).

I'd be quite happy to see cynos go up in these in low/null. Even if three-quarters of the time the side that warps in capitals just wins the fight on the spot, every now and again you'll have a big escalation where those on the other side will respond to a 4 carrier and 2 dread drop by dropping three supercarriers and two titans. And then if the carrier/dread pilots have the capacity to escalate, you have the potential for an Asakai sized fight.

max ericshaun
Trust Doesn't Rust
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2013-06-17 02:36:09 UTC
This sounds like a really great idea Big smile +1

Lost in space

TehCloud
Guardians of the Dodixie
#27 - 2013-06-17 08:48:08 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
TehCloud wrote:
Quite a good idea.

But make it:

• lowsec only.

My idea was to drive fleet fights in all sorts of space by giving everyone in the area at the time a strategic goal worth fighting for. Your idea sounds much more like a way to incentivise medium sized gangs roaming lowsec space. (Which also is worth doing).

I'd be quite happy to see cynos go up in these in low/null. Even if three-quarters of the time the side that warps in capitals just wins the fight on the spot, every now and again you'll have a big escalation where those on the other side will respond to a 4 carrier and 2 dread drop by dropping three supercarriers and two titans. And then if the carrier/dread pilots have the capacity to escalate, you have the potential for an Asakai sized fight.

Light a Cyno outside, and warp the (super)capitals inside manually, makes it a little bit more risky to field those since they are floating around somewhere in space before they actually start to turn the tides of a fight completely.

You don't want those sites to become permanent lagfests in which the side that can field more capitals wins by default. People would be discouraged to go in there if they wouldn't have vast numbers of support caps themselves.

My Condor costs less than that module!

Sabriz Adoudel
#28 - 2013-07-02 02:54:57 UTC
TehCloud wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
TehCloud wrote:
Quite a good idea.

But make it:

• lowsec only.

Light a Cyno outside, and warp the (super)capitals inside manually, makes it a little bit more risky to field those since they are floating around somewhere in space before they actually start to turn the tides of a fight completely.

You don't want those sites to become permanent lagfests in which the side that can field more capitals wins by default. People would be discouraged to go in there if they wouldn't have vast numbers of support caps themselves.

That would work too, although it may need new tech for localised cyno blocking. Anything that gets more capital ships fighting (and exploding) is a good thing.

Sabriz Adoudel
#29 - 2013-07-29 23:17:43 UTC
Still would love to see this.

Nothing quite like watching lots of ships go boom.

Job Valador
Professional Amateurs
#30 - 2013-07-29 23:35:59 UTC
ill get behind this as well

"The stone exhibited a profound lack of movement."

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2013-07-30 02:39:28 UTC
NPC Capitals? yummy. I'll take it for +1
Sabriz Adoudel
#32 - 2013-08-14 03:50:24 UTC
Rowells wrote:
NPC Capitals? yummy. I'll take it for +1

There are NPC supercapitals in Incursions, well, one per Incursion anyway.

But yeah, I want to see more of them.

Yaturi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-08-14 07:08:26 UTC
+1 because we need more pirate vs empire lore in the game
Loki Feiht
Pathfinders.
Shattered Foundations
#34 - 2013-08-14 08:53:39 UTC
+1

More NPC - Randomly Generated Modular Content thread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=220858

I Was There
Habemus
#35 - 2013-08-25 11:25:35 UTC
This honestly just seem like a "I'm bored of highsec eve life. Can you make something more for me to do in highsec, ccp?"-Thread.
In EVE pilots should create their own content, not be fed content and fights.

(And yes, HS incursions should be removed from the game entirely)
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#36 - 2013-08-25 14:29:20 UTC
Like Rifts in Rift, and +1 because i like such mechanics.
Regulator6
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-08-25 15:30:44 UTC
+1 I want this
Enthes goldhart
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-08-25 22:15:51 UTC
I support this idea.
Taiko Igunen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-09-03 08:40:43 UTC
+1 great idea

EVE needs this badly. You referred to WoW, let me make another reference in this direction: In WoW they have "open pvp" areas on the pve servers - and of course the pvp grounds plus the arenas. All easily accessable. Now one cannot compare this to Factional Warfare because one would have to leave his corp to join (or the whole corp must join).

Like in the open pvp areas in WoW, where at a set countdown the next battle starts, it would be great for random fleets to come to life - battleing each other over the afore mentioned capital ship. The whole thing could be enrichened with lots of additonal ideas like NPC logistics to unlock, fighter drones and so on.

My point being: Easy access to open pvp, happening on a daily basis.

CCP, please give us that.

Here's to you, here's to me, friends forever we will be ... and if we ever disagree, f*** you, and here's to me. Cheers!

CCP, give us open pvp: Distress Calls

PopeUrban
El Expedicion
Flames of Exile
#40 - 2013-09-03 09:41:36 UTC
Expand this to include secondary noncombat roles for even more interesting objective play like...

Under attack!(no secondary role)
Capital under attack / help us blow up the capital
Attack Cap/Defend Cap
(Untimed,original scenario)

That's no moon!(Industrial/hauling)
Bring us X thing to complete our superweapon / stop these guys from completing their superweapon.
Transit mats to marked container/Steal mats from marked container
(Facility uses mats in container at Y rate. Event ends at time Z. Mats refunded at end?)

Automated weapon system has been hacked!
(hacking/archaeology)
Hack data points to stop worm/Hack data points to assist worm
(Untimed, system starts neutral and trends over time based on success ratios of both parties in 10 second increments.)

Our top secret flag research!
(Tractor beam tug of war!)
Bring the super secret flag research to our Station/No our station!
Research is in boxes, boxes are moved with tractor beams. First team to collect all X "parts" (AKA point limit) wins.

A small problem sir!(Tackling/Logistics)
Destroy drones before they reach the cyno with our encryption keys/Make sure our drones reach the cyno with the stolen encryption keys.
(First team to destroy/protect X drones wins.)