These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Relic/Data sites, tractor beam issues?

Author
Dautrin Maize
Peirmont Industries
#1 - 2013-08-23 11:15:19 UTC
I've noticed that sometimes when I click once on a scatter-can, I start moving towards the can rather than the tractor beam activating. Quite irritating. Am I doing anything wrong or is it just buggy? I realize that double-clicking should cause the ship to move toward it, but I'm just single-clicking.
Orlacc
#2 - 2013-08-23 11:28:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Orlacc
Only click once on the can. Twice and you move towards it. You can be sure if you move towards it, you clicked on space once or clicked can twice.

It's not buggy as I do a lot of sites each day.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Dautrin Maize
Peirmont Industries
#3 - 2013-08-24 07:42:13 UTC
I'm certainly not double-clicking. And I can't get to the bottom of this. It makes it difficult to target the cans when the ship starts zooming all around. Perhaps it's a setting in the options menu or something.

If the mouse was defective (pressing once causes extra click) then I'd see other strange things in the game, but it only happens during the loot phase of Exploration sites.

It's puzzling.
Czeris
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-08-26 06:07:33 UTC
Dautrin Maize wrote:
I've noticed that sometimes when I click once on a scatter-can, I start moving towards the can rather than the tractor beam activating. Quite irritating. Am I doing anything wrong or is it just buggy? I realize that double-clicking should cause the ship to move toward it, but I'm just single-clicking.

Afaik you will start moving towards a can that is out of tractor beam range (3k I believe) if you click on it.
Karma Codolle
Chimera Research and Development
#5 - 2013-08-29 07:17:51 UTC
Confirming, when the can gets a distance of 3k+ you can't tractor