These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

What a rush!

Author
Chapmonious Hunter
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-08-23 10:02:16 UTC
So i have been playing less then a month (22 days or so) and tonight was my first taste of pvp, just a few jumps away from jita in low sec, holy &^%$ what a rush! I have never experienced adrenaline like that in a video game before much less an MMO, although i am growing weary of high sec as it is I cant imagine staying in high sec very much longer, i have to go make low sec and null sec my home, i dont want concord stopping the fights, if it aint green it dies! Evil
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#2 - 2013-08-23 10:10:23 UTC
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
i have to go make low sec and null sec my home, Evil



Good luck with the Null part unless you want to be a slave to an Alliance and 3 AM CTAs.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#3 - 2013-08-23 10:11:09 UTC
Heh, glad to hear you had a good experience. The PvP can get your heart racing in this game, especially if there's a lot going on and it was something that happened quickly rather than a planned battle.

How did you do in the fight?

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Chapmonious Hunter
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-08-23 10:13:32 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Heh, glad to hear you had a good experience. The PvP can get your heart racing in this game, especially if there's a lot going on and it was something that happened quickly rather than a planned battle.

How did you do in the fight?


well admittedly as one may expect i was raped but managed to warp out at 13% hull in a punisher (went up against a T2 assualt frig, not a good choice in target for my first time) but it all happened so fast! i got back to jita repped up and was ready to go again then i realized i needed to sleep, but that wont be the last of me pvping
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#5 - 2013-08-23 10:15:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Inxentas Ultramar
Welcome to Eve. It sounds you fit right in! Pirate

Some people hate 'the rush' of having their invested time on the line and others love it. I personally wouldn't know what else to do with money, in my opinion ISK is useless untill it is in space, doing something apart from making more (personal) ISK. Nothing is more fun then flying the ship you are best with and smacking the competition in the face with it. Good luck, fly safe(ties off)!
William Walker
Savannah Logistics
#6 - 2013-08-23 10:17:27 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
i have to go make low sec and null sec my home, Evil



Good luck with the Null part unless you want to be a slave to an Alliance and 3 AM CTAs.


Nuffink wrong wiv bein' a cog in a greater machine, isit? It's right good fun and yer cop to blob fings, right, nuffink wrong wiv pilin' up on the enemy and crushin' them wiv yor enormous weight. And we cop to be carebears wiv impunity.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Chapmonious Hunter
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-08-23 10:19:18 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Welcome to Eve. It sounds you fit right in! Pirate

Some people hate 'the rush' of having their invested time on the line and others love it. I personally wouldn't know what else to do with money, in my opinion ISK is useless untill it is in space, doing something apart from making more (personal) ISK. Nothing is more fun then flying the ship you are best with and smacking the competition in the face with it. Good luck, fly safe(ties off)!



Thank you for the welcome, I am beginning to think like you, i cant just sit doing missions in high sec it is a rush just to scan down a target much less engage my corp told me from day 1 ( admittedly told em from the get go i wanted to pvp) to never fly something you cant afford to replace, i am more the content in a frigate warp scramming and unleashing a faceful of pain on someone, if i get blown up oh well, its a blast!
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#8 - 2013-08-23 10:22:49 UTC
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Welcome to Eve. It sounds you fit right in! Pirate

Some people hate 'the rush' of having their invested time on the line and others love it. I personally wouldn't know what else to do with money, in my opinion ISK is useless untill it is in space, doing something apart from making more (personal) ISK. Nothing is more fun then flying the ship you are best with and smacking the competition in the face with it. Good luck, fly safe(ties off)!



Thank you for the welcome, I am beginning to think like you, i cant just sit doing missions in high sec it is a rush just to scan down a target much less engage my corp told me from day 1 ( admittedly told em from the get go i wanted to pvp) to never fly something you cant afford to replace, i am more the content in a frigate warp scramming and unleashing a faceful of pain on someone, if i get blown up oh well, its a blast!


Truly it has been said that frigs, dessies & cruisers are where the fun PVP is in losec
WooMod
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-08-23 10:25:36 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Good luck with the Null part unless you want to be a slave to an Alliance and 3 AM CTAs.


I Can't hear you over my space communism.
Princess Saskia
Hyperfleet Industries
xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
#10 - 2013-08-23 11:08:02 UTC
Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Welcome to Eve. It sounds you fit right in! Pirate

Some people hate 'the rush' of having their invested time on the line and others love it. I personally wouldn't know what else to do with money, in my opinion ISK is useless untill it is in space, doing something apart from making more (personal) ISK. Nothing is more fun then flying the ship you are best with and smacking the competition in the face with it. Good luck, fly safe(ties off)!



Thank you for the welcome, I am beginning to think like you, i cant just sit doing missions in high sec it is a rush just to scan down a target much less engage my corp told me from day 1 ( admittedly told em from the get go i wanted to pvp) to never fly something you cant afford to replace, i am more the content in a frigate warp scramming and unleashing a faceful of pain on someone, if i get blown up oh well, its a blast!


Truly it has been said that frigs, dessies & cruisers are where the fun PVP is in losec

uPoor?

 ♥ 

Yabba Addict
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-08-23 11:12:55 UTC
Came expecting stories of newb finding pvp served up with adrenaline , left satisfied.

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2013-08-23 11:13:11 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
i have to go make low sec and null sec my home, Evil



Good luck with the Null part unless you want to be a slave to an Alliance and 3 AM CTAs.


There are plenty of entities that operate in null sec without these annoyances as well as solo operators. Others want to be part of a huge space empire. Eve offers plenty of choice as well as the opportunity to shape your own lifestyle choices. Ignore the bittervets, play how you want to play with the people that you want to play with in the space of your choosing.
having said that remember it is EVE and there will always be people trying to stop you doing the things you want to do.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-08-23 11:22:54 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
i have to go make low sec and null sec my home, Evil



Good luck with the Null part unless you want to be a slave to an Alliance and 3 AM CTAs.




This is a myth or you're really bad at choosing your alliance/corp, try to play with mature people next time, they know what it is to have a life and this game just a game.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Orlacc
#14 - 2013-08-23 11:26:56 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
i have to go make low sec and null sec my home, Evil



Good luck with the Null part unless you want to be a slave to an Alliance and 3 AM CTAs.


There are plenty of entities that operate in null sec without these annoyances as well as solo operators. Others want to be part of a huge space empire. Eve offers plenty of choice as well as the opportunity to shape your own lifestyle choices. Ignore the bittervets, play how you want to play with the people that you want to play with in the space of your choosing.
having said that remember it is EVE and there will always be people trying to stop you doing the things you want to do.



This. Some of the folks in this thread dissing null have probably never been there.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Athena Maldoran
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-08-23 11:40:52 UTC
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
So i have been playing less then a month (22 days or so) and tonight was my first taste of pvp, just a few jumps away from jita in low sec, holy &^%$ what a rush! I have never experienced adrenaline like that in a video game before much less an MMO, although i am growing weary of high sec as it is I cant imagine staying in high sec very much longer, i have to go make low sec and null sec my home, i dont want concord stopping the fights, if it aint green it dies! Evil


the extreems of this rush dulls over time. :) Just make sure the company you keep, is smart in deploying docktrines and have ways to make you afloat with isk to enjoy your new adventure.
MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#16 - 2013-08-23 11:44:46 UTC
I read this thread title in Yakov Smirnoff's voice.









And now.......you did too.

I am not Prencleeve Grothsmore.

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#17 - 2013-08-23 12:06:47 UTC
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
So i have been playing less then a month (22 days or so) and tonight was my first taste of pvp, just a few jumps away from jita in low sec, holy &^%$ what a rush! I have never experienced adrenaline like that in a video game before much less an MMO, although i am growing weary of high sec as it is I cant imagine staying in high sec very much longer, i have to go make low sec and null sec my home, i dont want concord stopping the fights, if it aint green it dies! Evil


Welcome to Eve!

I remember that day for me - it wasn't long before I was living in lowsec and then null.

Syndicate is a fine home for pvp and most groups out there don't do the CTA rah-rah thing unless its to defend a local asset. Non-Sov nullsec is my favorite place to be.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Mayhaw Morgan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-08-23 12:10:10 UTC
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
well admittedly as one may expect i was raped but managed to warp out at 13% hull in a punisher


Ummmm . . . that's not normally how it ends.
Ka'Narlist
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#19 - 2013-08-23 12:16:03 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Chapmonious Hunter wrote:
i have to go make low sec and null sec my home, Evil



Good luck with the Null part unless you want to be a slave to an Alliance and 3 AM CTAs.

You must have been in many Nullsec Alliances. Please share more of your great wisdom with us
Tyrendian Biohazard
Better Off Red
Unspoken Alliance.
#20 - 2013-08-23 13:44:49 UTC
My opinion:

Null PVP is quite a different beast. PVP isn't as much as an adrenaline rush as taking a grif/cruiser/destroyer into low and searching for flashy to shoot. Primarily for two reasons:

1) You're usually in a large fleet, it takes the thrill out of the fights when 150+ people come across 30+ and take them out without any issue.

2) The thrill of the hunt.

Lowsec solo roams really require a lot of variables to be considered. What targets do I want to attack. Are there people that are friendly to my target in system. Will they help him. If things go bad what is my escape route. Has there been larger gangs roaming about. When you come across a potential target, what fittings might they have? How will it go against what I'm flying? Do I need to change up my tactics?

That being said, you usually don't get those questions in null fleets (unless perhaps you're FC). I do enjoy fights both large and small, so I don't mind swapping back and forth between low and null. The other night in fact I roamed around on stream, pointing out potential traps to viewers, who has been fighting with who in what systems. It took quite a while, but I ended up coming across a Condor who made the mistake of thinking my Cormorant was rail fit, so he closed distance hoping that my guns couldn't track him. However being blaster fit I didn't have too much of an issue as he walked right into my optimal range and was taken down in three volleys. A short while afterwards, I had a gang of about 10 people chasing me from system to system and me trying to stay one step ahead the whole time.

That to me is the better rush for PVP.

{insert cool story bro here}

Twitch streamer and EVE NT tournament broadcaster.

123Next page