These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So, I want to gank

Author
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#61 - 2013-08-22 16:23:06 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
I like the morons that cant get that it doesnt matter what you tank when they bring 30 destroyers.

Yes, you're right.
Every ganked miner ever in the history of EvE,
got killed by 30 destroyers, every single time.

*facepalm* please THINK before you post !
I know it's hard, but at least TRY !

The point being you guys act like if a miner gets ganked its because they didnt tank....because EVERY miner loss didnt have a tank?

Please follow your own advice and think before you post.

Of all the miners I've killed, none had a tank. Of the two that failed, the first one was my first attempt and I forgot to overheat my guns, and the second one was a tanked Hulk that we brought two (read: not thirty) Catalysts for, but failed because my corpmate accidentally targeted and shot the wrong ship, an Orca. I've soloed plenty of Hulks that had no tank, a few easily worth over a billion each, including pod and implants, with a ship that cost less than 20 mil.

I have only ever seen a fleet of destroyers as large as you are suggesting once, and they were after an Orca.

You frign kids kill me. Do you not understand the word figurative? The number doesnt matter. 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24.25.26.27.28.29.30... and all the way to what ever number you would like to think.

The POINT BEING.... yes you should tank your barge but should it be a good organised group out to get you and they dont care about profit then it will not matter how you are tanked they will STILL kill you because you are only tanked not invunerable.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#62 - 2013-08-22 16:44:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Plastic Psycho
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Tobias Hareka wrote:
Funny thing about gankers is that they always repeat the same line "learn to tank" but they never learn to tank their ships. Big smile
So gank Nado should teach them some basic lessons about EHP.

You should be able to take out at least one Catalyst in 0.7 or higher with 800mm Repeating Artillery and faction Fusion. Two Catalysts easily in 0.5.

There's no point in tanking a suicide gank ship, suicide being the important word. It's guaranteed to die, why tank it?
Miners on the other hand don't expect their ships to die every time they undock, can you see the important difference?

This.^

Tanking a Gankalyst is just throwing (more) ISK down a rat hole. Minimum fit necessary to do the job: No more, no less.

Tobias Hareka wrote:
Jumfat Kohlah wrote:
Will give it a go

Just remember to wait a bit before you start shooting so they get criminal flag first.
Just set safeties to 'Green' - then spam F1. Nothing will happen until your target gets a flag.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#63 - 2013-08-22 16:47:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:

You frign kids kill me. Do you not understand the word figurative? The number doesnt matter. 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.21.22.23.24.25.26.27.28.29.30... and all the way to what ever number you would like to think.

The POINT BEING.... yes you should tank your barge but should it be a good organised group out to get you and they dont care about profit then it will not matter how you are tanked they will STILL kill you because you are only tanked not invunerable.

Your statement wasn't figurative, figurative implies the use of a metaphor or figure of speech such as "Mittens is the head of goonswarm" or "like a hot brick". What you did was just chuck a inflated random number at a statement and call it it figurative.

Yes people should tank their barges, and yes even a well tanked barge will die to enough ships, what you failed to mention was that there are so many untanked barges out there, the tanked ones will probably be passed over, until the gankers run out of easier targets. Unless of course you're flying it, in which case suiciding a swarm of destroyers would be totally worth it.

Goonswarm itself has a figurative/ diminutive name, "little bees"

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2013-08-22 16:52:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:

Your statement wasn't figurative, figurative implies the use of a metaphor or figure of speech such as "Mittens is the head of goonswarm" or "like a hot brick". What you did was just chuck a inflated random number at a statement and call it it figurative.

Yes people should tank their barges, and yes even a well tanked barge will die to enough ships, what you failed to mention was that there are so many untanked barges out there, the tanked ones will be passed over unless the gankers run out of targets. Unless of course you're flying it, in which case suiciding a swarm of destroyers would be worth it.

Goonswarm itself has a figurative/ diminutive name for itself, "little bees"

I see people like him in real life sometimes.

They say something, believe what they have said represents what they've meant to say
and the other guy is the stupid one for being unable to read their minds to figure it out.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#65 - 2013-08-22 16:55:27 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:

do you feel this is some special, rare insight into eve's meta gifted unto the few by the divine
ChironV
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#66 - 2013-08-22 16:56:23 UTC
Jumfat Kohlah wrote:
the gankers

Getting annoyed that gankers from Code and NO came come into a hi-sec system, flashing red as they are -7 to -10 and happily gank some industrialists.
I don't really think they understand that without these members of the community, ore would not be mined which affects ships/ammo not be built and they would suffer because of it because of increased prices.

So I would like to take action.

Don't want isk - got plenty of that, I want ship fits for frig/cruises that would allow me to gank the gankers. Any suggestion on fits?

You want personal revenge which is natural. However as an industrialist, personal feelings don't lead to isk. Here is a better path.

Spend the month studying them. Who are they, what are their skills, where do they live. Study the killboards. They will tell you much about their habits. People are predictable and have habits.

This is eve. You are free to plan and hire someone to kill them.

Hire a Merc corp to kill them repeatedly. You can use the bounty system to help you arrange for their demise with the merc corp you hire. Give the Merc corp all the information you have gathered to make their job easier. (Easy and ISK always gets the attention of Merc corps.) Of course use an Alt to arrange the hit to put a buffer in-between you and them in case the Merc corp sells your information to the gankers after they gank the gankers who ganked you. (lotta ganks in there...) Big smile

If you really want to have some fun run another account with a clean API and join them as a "newb" looking for pew pew. Cuddle up to them and make friends (or just kiss butt). Over 6 months you can arrange to set them up to lose their most expensive ships.

Lots of options. Never forget... D-Scan while being aligned can be your savior....

Oh and I have NEVER done anything like this. Twisted
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#67 - 2013-08-22 21:05:00 UTC
Quote:

The POINT BEING.... yes you should tank your barge but should it be a good organised group out to get you and they dont care about profit then it will not matter how you are tanked they will STILL kill you because you are only tanked not invulnerable.

Firstly, most of the people you are attempting to argue with are likely older than you(I'm old as hell). And if not, then you have my sincere pity, because your apparent thought processes evidence a decided lack of mental and intellectual maturity.

Secondly, I don't even know what your point is supposed to be. If someone really wants you dead and brings lots of people, then you will probably die? Yeah, no kidding.

But the fact of the matter is that tanking your ship improves your survivability well beyond the mathematical advantages. When I am out hunting, I take out the soft targets. I scan people. I gank the ones who don't fit a tank. Fitting a tank gives you a much, much higher chance of surviving when I am in the area, simply by being a (comparatively) hard target.

The game isn't just the stats. Play the meta, it works.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#68 - 2013-08-22 21:17:06 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:

Yes people should tank their barges, and yes even a well tanked barge will die to enough ships, what you failed to mention was that there are so many untanked barges out there, the tanked ones will be passed over unless the gankers run out of targets. Unless of course you're flying it, in which case suiciding a swarm of destroyers would be worth it.

They say something, believe what they have said represents what they've meant to say
and the other guy is the stupid one for being unable to read their minds to figure it out.

I see people like you in real life as well. You lack the ability to think for yourself and the ability to understand the given situation in general terms and have a mental condition that requires you to take everything as an exact value. No grey always black and white.

The number used was used as a example of gross excess. Your inability to see that instead of the JIST of the statement is not surprising.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2013-08-22 21:22:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:

I see people like you in real life as well. You lack the ability to think for yourself and the ability to understand the given situation in general terms and have a mental condition that requires you to take everything as an exact value. No grey always black and white.

The number used was used as a example of gross excess. Your inability to see that instead of the JIST of the statement is not surprising.
Ah... yes.
Thank you for providing a great example of a person i talked about earlier.

(edit: and to be quite ******* honest, your reaction was completely predictable)
Jumfat Kohlah
Dark Sacred Night
#70 - 2013-08-22 21:51:55 UTC
Sorry to break up this little love spat - but this is about fits to gank the gankers - with the optimal words being FITS - loadouts...savvy?
Jonah Gravenstein
#71 - 2013-08-22 22:00:23 UTC
Jumfat Kohlah wrote:
Sorry to break up this little love spat - but this is about fits to gank the gankers - with the optimal words being FITS - loadouts...savvy?

That's easy, look at what the gankers are flying, they've got the maximum firepower/ minimum outlay formula down to a fine art, emulate them.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Jonah Gravenstein
#72 - 2013-08-22 22:03:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:

First it was figurative, now it's gross excess, make up your mind. Oh and it's spelt (spelled for the Americans amongst us) Gist, Jist doesn't appear in any English dictionary I have access to.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ryhss
#73 - 2013-08-22 23:35:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Ryhss
Ganking miners takes no skill. It's like kicking a puppy. Gankers have no honor or skill.

I just turned into an egg, did I level up? I spent an hour trying to salvage a wreck, when in local a guy said "Stop it, this is my Tempest, I was AFK"

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#74 - 2013-08-22 23:40:43 UTC
Ryhss wrote:
Ganking miners takes no skill. It's like kicking a puppy. Gankers have no honor or skill.

Oh, you got me right in my e-Bushido.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Jonah Gravenstein
#75 - 2013-08-23 00:07:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Ryhss wrote:

Puppies are born small, cute and generally defenceless, miners are neither small or cute, and generally only defenceless by choice, please insert another coin to continue.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#76 - 2013-08-23 00:07:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Ryhss wrote:

bs. Let's see you have a go at it right now.

Honor is irrelevant. KB stats are a legitimate scale of EVE success (there is no win, btw)

Besides, most miners who are popped are AFK and I know this for a fact. Makes for more and better marketing opportunities for myself and not them. They are the lazy ones with no honor for their own profession at all.

I have yet to ever ever see a proper tanked Exhumer on a KB. Orca fits are even more embarrassing, but that's a different thread.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Jonah Gravenstein
#77 - 2013-08-23 00:13:55 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ryhss wrote:

bs. Let's see you have a go at it right now.

Honor is irrelevant. KB stats are a legitimate scale of EVE success (there is no win, btw)

Besides, most miners who are popped are AFK and I know this for a fact. Makes for more and better marketing opportunities for myself and not them. They are the lazy ones with no honor for their own profession at all.

I have yet to ever ever see a proper tanked Exhumer on a KB. Orca fits are even more embarrassing, but that's a different thread.

You mean the cargo expanded (Anti-tanked) Orcas that sacrifice a rather large percentage of their EHP for one less trip to the station?

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#78 - 2013-08-23 00:17:33 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

You mean the cargo expanded (Anti-tanked) Orcas that sacrifice a rather large percentage of their EHP for one less trip to the station?

Yuppers.

Baltec has tons of hilarity (empty mids on Mackinaws, etc.) to share but I've not seen him this evening.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Ryhss
#79 - 2013-08-23 02:37:58 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Please take your anti ganker ships to the belts, there's nothing quite like a target rich environment.

It. because of ganker asshats why I moved to null....

I just turned into an egg, did I level up? I spent an hour trying to salvage a wreck, when in local a guy said "Stop it, this is my Tempest, I was AFK"

Jonah Gravenstein
#80 - 2013-08-23 03:12:15 UTC
Ryhss wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Please take your anti ganker ships to the belts, there's nothing quite like a target rich environment.

It. because of ganker asshats why I moved to null....

Would you like a medal? a chest to pin it on? or will you settle for a cuddly toy?

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack