These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

The Secret of Success in EVE

First post
Author
Suddenly Forums ForumKings
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-08-22 05:16:46 UTC
Dear Princess Celestia

Today I learned a valuable lesson about friendship.

I learned that it isn't about being better than everyone else around you, and that although flying solo might get you a great youtube video, the only thing that can get you a home are your friends. Having tried both, I'd rather have friends than skills any day.
That Seems Legit
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-08-22 05:22:47 UTC
Uh, thanks for sharing.

Damns - you're ugly - and that's a compliment from me. -Large Collidable Object Seeking donations for facial reconstructive surgery, every little bit helps!

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#3 - 2013-08-22 05:23:01 UTC
If I sit down to play a game of chess, checkers, monopoly etc with friends, I play to kick their ass. They play with the same motive.

That carries over to this game. It's my friends that I fear the most when playing EVE.

Not sure what this has to do with the OP, but there you go.

Mr Epeen Cool
Posting From Underbridge
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-08-22 05:31:48 UTC
I feel the need to say something here. Not quite sure what though.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#5 - 2013-08-22 08:30:28 UTC
blasting everybody is the only reasonable thing to do, if you want "friends" stick to facebook
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-08-22 08:30:57 UTC
My favorite pizza still is the quaddro formagio with spinach and an egg in ths middle.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-08-22 08:37:24 UTC
I disagree. Most mmo players are scum and will stab you in the back or disband your corp / alliance. . Kill them all so they can't. Thank you for reading.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#8 - 2013-08-22 08:41:14 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
blasting cyno ships and crying like a girl is the only reasonable thing to do, if you want "friends".. I have no advice... and no friends... :(

Aww, poor Harry.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#9 - 2013-08-22 09:16:34 UTC
Suddenly Forums ForumKings wrote:
Dear Princess Celestia

That's a strange name for a diary Shocked

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#10 - 2013-08-22 09:25:33 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
I disagree. Most mmo players are scum and will stab you in the back or disband your corp / alliance. . Kill them all so they can't. Thank you for reading.

Ziona, what am I doing wrong. The people I meet in EVE are almost all friendly mature and helpful. Can you tell me how to fix my gameplay so that I can be alienated and unhappy too?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#11 - 2013-08-22 09:35:29 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Ziona, what am I doing wrong. The people I meet in EVE are almost all friendly mature and helpful. Can you tell me how to fix my gameplay so that I can be alienated and unhappy too?

You're still living pre-'stab you in the back' Blink

>iciclesoft.com

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-08-22 09:37:52 UTC
Be polite,
Be efficient,
Be professional,

Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Works most of the time. Bear

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-08-22 12:17:08 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Enlightenment is a deeply personal journey. Only you can discover the answer to your question.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#14 - 2013-08-22 13:01:13 UTC
Grauth Thorner wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

After almost 7 years in EVE...?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#15 - 2013-08-22 13:03:55 UTC
It's not my cheek that I'm not wiping a tear from.

I am not Prencleeve Grothsmore.

That Seems Legit
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-08-22 13:07:45 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
blasting everybody is the only reasonable thing to do, if you want "friends" stick to facebook

This from the guy begging everyone to hold hands and fleet up together for the sheer joy of companionship.

You're a really confused individual aren't you?

Damns - you're ugly - and that's a compliment from me. -Large Collidable Object Seeking donations for facial reconstructive surgery, every little bit helps!

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#17 - 2013-08-22 13:16:26 UTC
Debora Tsung wrote:
Be polite,
Be efficient,
Be professional,

Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Works most of the time. Bear

This.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Azami Nevinyrall
#18 - 2013-08-22 13:18:13 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
If I sit down to play a game of chess, checkers, monopoly etc with friends, I play to kick their ass. They play with the same motive.

That carries over to this game. It's my friends that I fear the most when playing EVE.

Not sure what this has to do with the OP, but there you go.

Mr Epeen Cool

If they quit a MMO before you, you know you won...

Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#19 - 2013-08-22 13:26:43 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Grauth Thorner wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

After almost 7 years in EVE...?

The best backstabbers take their time

>iciclesoft.com

embrel
BamBam Inc.
#20 - 2013-08-22 13:28:56 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

perspective. to an ant, more things seem huge than to a giraffe.
12Next page