These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve Too Nasty

First post First post
Author
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#21 - 2013-08-22 03:30:03 UTC
Lady Fatant wrote:

I knew I would get the 'wimp' post.

Its not that. I play because its one of the best games ever. But I also think the game can be so nasty it could put people off.

There's a reason that Eve is nasty, it keeps the 'tards and their stupidity away, hence it's one of the better MMO's, and doesn't copy the lowest common denominator that is WoW.

The game itself filters out those unworthy of it, if you think that Eve is one of the better games out there, stick with it, learn from your mistakes and embrace what Eve is. While Eve may seem like it contains nothing but sociopaths and warmongers, you'll generally find that those selfsame people are among the most generous and helpful people in any game.

You're young (in game), now is the ideal time to indulge in some explosions, learn the basics of protecting your own and controlling the adrenalin rush that may come with PvP. Your ships and clones are dirt cheap, they may not seem like it at the moment but they are.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#22 - 2013-08-22 03:30:41 UTC
Here is a game that would suit you a lot better than EVE.Big smile

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Yaturi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-08-22 03:45:28 UTC
Really if you feel that strongly about a video game then you should go see a shrink and get your head examined. Ive heard a lot whines in GE but honestly yours takes the cake.

Congratulations, would you like a trophy
Lasikia
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-08-22 04:06:59 UTC
Lady Fatant wrote:
I have met the best of characters, the most generous of strangers, the most friendly of corps. But. I think the game is getting too nasty, evil seems to be reigning.
I love this game. But since the corp I'm in has been targeted for War by other corps for no reason but War.
I have been ganked and pod killed for no reason.
You even find high sec are no longer safe because nutters decide to destroy and die.
Lady Fatant Cry

I'd love to agree that it was for no reason, but you fail to see that THE REASON they play eve is specifically to blow up ships and pods. You are nothing but a target, not a person, you're a kill mail.

You would be better off to find another game, stop wasting your time here in a game with societies worst trash of humanity in its subscriber base you can't expect to find an enjoyable experience.

Kahetha
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-08-22 04:14:34 UTC
go live in renter 0.0
much safer than highsec and much more profitable, because as we all know the "risk vs. reward" -doctrine is infallible and working as intended Lol
El Zeta
Maricel Inc
#26 - 2013-08-22 04:17:28 UTC
Lady Fatant wrote:
I have met the best of characters, the most generous of strangers, the most friendly of corps. But. I think the game is getting too nasty, evil seems to be reigning.
I love this game. But since the corp I'm in has been targeted for War by other corps for no reason but War.
You even find high sec are no longer safe because nutters decide to destroy and die.
Lady Fatant Cry

I almost feel warm and fuzzy, the itchy trigger is getting noticed.

I feel like wardecking your corp with this industrial alt, just for giggles.

Battlehauler untie!!!!
Mroe Bree
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2013-08-22 04:27:39 UTC
Why, why WHY on god's green earth would you ever join a highsec "industrial" corp? Never mind, I don't want to know.

Wardecs can be a source of great amusement. Log in and go to a movie or dinner. Or sleep. Bonus points for just cloaking up in a safe spot rather than idling in station.

Get in a fast frig and take your war targets on a tour of lowsec and 0.0 (Gondita and Rancer are good systems to take a hostile convoy.)

Make out of corp alts and try a new activity, like exploring or ... well, something you don't normally do. Like head to Curse and run level 1 missions for Angels in a cheaply fitted frigate.

Eve devs have done a fantastic job of making low SP clones effectively free. No learning skills means you can be quite viable at anything very quickly. Eve *IS* a nasty place, but you'd be surprised how awesome that is.

The nullbear vacation is not a terrible idea, but it might make you lazy. I recommend against.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2013-08-22 04:43:59 UTC
Why Hello there...

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#29 - 2013-08-22 04:49:40 UTC
Lady Fatant wrote:
Lady Fatant Cry

I have to admit to being a little confused.

Your corp description is as follows:

Ka Duat is a great corp for both the inexperienced and experienced EVE player. We do high/low/null sec combat/pvp/mining/hauling. Low tax rate and applications are welcome. Myself or one of our corp members would be happy to supply you with anything you need to get going.

I have to wonder why a corp that spends time in PVP situations in high/low/null is not able to handle a simple wardec and let you get back to your pacifist lifestyle doing whatever it is you do here in New Eden.

Mr Epeen Cool
Mr Pragmatic
#30 - 2013-08-22 05:01:01 UTC
Hi sec is safe.

Super cali hella yolo swaga dopeness.  -Yoloswaggins, in the fellowship of the bling.

Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-08-22 05:51:54 UTC
[
Lady Fatant wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Evil only reigns supreme when good men do nothing....

I know you are right and its only a game. But it just seems that the wrong aspects of the real world out there, seem to be coming through more and more in the game.... But its almost like the worst aspect of human nature is coming through. I don't like that. There should be a balance.

The worst dictators in the world, are real. Humans have been evil to other humans for as long as humans have been around.

So, what you have on EVE are people who are role playing (I hope) the worst aspects of what humans are like. The reason Empire space seems safer, is because of the strong policing presence of Concord, but just like in advanced industrialized countries, with strong law enforcement, there is still crime, but crimes in such countries is rare when compared to places such as... Somalia. Corporations that do cruel things to it's neighbors are like the gangs, or factions that commit terrible atrocities to their neighbors, for example, Charles Taylor.

I think EVE represents the world well.

The best I can advise you, is to become strong, and become an avenger! Avenge the deaths of the innocents at the hands of those ruthless, gutless pirates who prey on honest, hard working miners and freighters everywhere! And have a lot of fun while you're at it.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Atharne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-08-22 06:24:35 UTC
OP, kindly leave EVE and never return.
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#33 - 2013-08-22 06:31:01 UTC
I love the smell of tears in the morning.

The Tears Must Flow

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#34 - 2013-08-22 06:32:52 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Why Hello there...

Is the OP another of your war targets? You sure pick 'em!
Donbe Scurred
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2013-08-22 06:32:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Donbe Scurred
Snipped from OP's Bio wrote:
My Moto: He who dares. Runs..

I don't think this is the game for you

or you're a pretty good troll. 7/10

Either way GTFO

Also,

Cannibal Kane wrote:
Why Hello there...

HahaLol
Sean Mc'Muller
Aurora Techworks Syndicate
#36 - 2013-08-22 06:34:21 UTC
Is this about that whole thorax thing again?
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2013-08-22 06:36:52 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Why Hello there...

Is the OP another of your war targets? You sure pick 'em!

Not yet...

I just felt I need to say hello.. So when they look back they will understand why.

I will never dec a corp if they are already at war.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Jarrod Hamu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2013-08-22 06:37:35 UTC
Pretty much any game tends to bring the worst out of us. If you had a look at everyone in there normal workplace or running there day to day life out of eve, I think that you'll find that the most of us are upstanding citizens.

Being on here they get to release/vent what they really can't on the street or household.

I know I do.
Fly it like you stole it.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#39 - 2013-08-22 06:45:48 UTC
Lady Fatant wrote:
Lady Fatant Cry

Most other MMOs only have3 some rather dull, unconvincing animated NPCs to play your antagonists.

CCP actually get real live people to pretend to be the villain in your story. Pretty cool, huh?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-08-22 07:00:51 UTC
If you can't defend yourself,
you deserve to be a target.