These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

dps to pop freighters?

Author
Starbuck05
Abiding Ormolus
#1 - 2013-08-21 08:59:48 UTC
Hey guys,

Sorry in advance if this isnt the right place for this,but , me and my corpmates are new to suicide ganking and would like to know how many and what ships would it take to pop a normal t1 freighter? In systems with sec less then 0.7

Yesterday before we splated a normal hauler we saw alot of freighter pilots on autopilot mode with alot of valuables .. so yea:)

Any help with some numbers would be very apreciated!

P.s. also,this might seem like a dumb question but is it a profitable activity?

Thank you

Just because i am blond does not make me stoopid !

Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#2 - 2013-08-21 09:10:25 UTC
between 1 and 1000000 catalyst`s

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-08-21 09:22:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
If you can't figure it out yourself,
you should probably stay away from ganking things...

Btw, where are you guys operating at?
Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-08-21 10:00:12 UTC
According to Goonswarm's KB it takes 33 T1 fit Catalysts to destroy Charon in 0.6. Lol
Sol Kal'orr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-08-21 10:06:57 UTC
EFT and maths are good things.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-08-21 10:09:51 UTC
Starbuck05 wrote:
Hey guys,

Sorry in advance if this isnt the right place for this,but , me and my corpmates are new to suicide ganking and would like to know how many and what ships would it take to pop a normal t1 freighter? In systems with sec less then 0.7

Yesterday before we splated a normal hauler we saw alot of freighter pilots on autopilot mode with alot of valuables .. so yea:)

Any help with some numbers would be very apreciated!

P.s. also,this might seem like a dumb question but is it a profitable activity?

Thank you

After a year of trial & error you could be as awesome at it as we are. Alternatively if you're lazy I will tell you all of our secrets, for a price.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-08-21 10:47:16 UTC
Myriad Blaze
Common Sense Ltd
Nulli Secunda
#8 - 2013-08-21 12:10:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Myriad Blaze
Thor Kerrigan did some research on this here:100 Million ISK to kill a freighter in highsec.
I believe you will find everything you need there.

Considering I fly a freighter myself now and then I'm a bit hesitant to wish you luck P

(In case you just experienced a déjà vu reading the above: it's a copy&paste from a post I made last month - same question, same answer. Big smile)

EDIT: I suggest you read the whole thread, not just the first post.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-08-21 13:47:57 UTC
Myriad Blaze wrote:
Thor Kerrigan did some research on this here:100 Million ISK to kill a freighter in highsec.

Considering I fly a freighter myself now and then I'm a bit hesitant to wish you luck P

(In case you just experienced a déjà vu reading the above: it's a copy&paste from a post I made last month - same question, same answer. Big smile)

I remember that thread.
He sure has figured out how to do it to make it worthwhile for everybody participating... XD
Myriad Blaze
Common Sense Ltd
Nulli Secunda
#10 - 2013-08-21 15:23:43 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Myriad Blaze wrote:

I remember that thread.
He sure has figured out how to do it to make it worthwhile for everybody participating... XD

That's why I suggested to read the whole thread. There's a lot to learn from all the replies there. Lol
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#11 - 2013-08-21 15:26:49 UTC
10 dps should be sufficient, given a high enough alpha and very long ROF.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.