These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Looking for a new goal/target ingame, need help/advice/tips

Author
Robbin Sund
#1 - 2013-08-21 06:53:02 UTC
So, stared of with the basic mining to get a decent income and a hang of the controls and so on.
I have exhumers ready to fly if I ever feel like putting up 200m I dont have.
Also been mining Ice and ore in lowsec. procurer and retrievers.

After that I went exploration and have a ship that explored high/low/null with a bit of trouble (but doable) in the harder hack/analyze sites,
Fitted with a cloak for easier times.

Got a level 3 missionrunner ship, thinking about going level4, but for now I am happy running decent level 3s.
(Myrmidon)
Got a destroyer as salvageship for that.

Got standing enough for perfect refine from Rodent shipyard, just waiting the last 1day 10 hours to have the skills for the 99,5 refinerate.

Can run Iteron V with some nice cargohold.

I do know my core-skills (maxing dronedamage, engineering and so on) could be maxed and are working on this as well, but I do want to try out something new.
This morning I blew my last cash on the gas-skill and fit a venturer for w-hole ninja-gas runs.
Sitting on 30m in isk and atleast 2-3 backupships for every role (exept myrmidon, its costy)

Either I go full haulre/freight for ore-refining and hauling for sale.
Logistics or designated tackler, scout for some roaming parties.
I do not want to go damage/pvp yet in that aspect since my skills for that is not high enough, leaving me with little room for nice equipment/decent damage.

Besides marketing(spreadsheeting) / incursus / manufacturing, do you guys have anything else you can recommend?
Was looking into PI but im not sure if I can afford to try it right now, or how long it takes to train for it in the lowest grades.
My training queue is always heavily occupied.

One way trip! Why dont you drive?

Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#2 - 2013-08-21 07:01:19 UTC
Robbin Sund wrote:

I do not want to go damage/pvp yet in that aspect since my skills for that is not high enough, leaving me with little room for nice equipment/decent damage.

Thats the reason why you should go for pvp now. Starts pvp'ing before its starts to get expensive. When you first get into pvp you will die alot, so its far better to start it whilst your ships (and clone) are cheap. By the time you can fit the more expensive equipment you will have some experience, which is far more useful than expensive stuff you don't know how to use.

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

WooMod
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-08-21 07:06:05 UTC
Try joining goonwaffe
William Walker
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#4 - 2013-08-21 07:07:16 UTC
Get a couple rifters or thrashers and go to town. By town I mean low or even nullsec. We can't give you goals, you have to find them yourself. Also you can DEFINITELY afford PI. Get into that asap.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Robbin Sund
#5 - 2013-08-21 07:22:44 UTC
Archibald Thistlewaite III wrote:
Robbin Sund wrote:

Thats the reason why you should go for pvp now. Starts pvp'ing before its starts to get expensive. When you first get into pvp you will die alot, so its far better to start it whilst your ships (and clone) are cheap. By the time you can fit the more expensive equipment you will have some experience, which is far more useful than expensive stuff you don't know how to use.

Well, drone damage, can increase 40% damage by getting 2 more levels, hybrid medium turrets, 20% increased damage, without more price at all (besides the clone, wich is still dirt-cheap)
Will think about it, but lowsec, cant really engage people ifh I want to be able to go back to highsec without effort, got to wait for them to attack me id guess. :)

Spotted another thread about how lowsec is harder to get decent fights for friggates soloers now that everyone have gangs or bigger ships, do you know anything about this?

Robbin Sund
#6 - 2013-08-21 07:23:05 UTC
WooMod wrote:
Try joining goonwaffe

I heard I can get in if I pay you, how much was it and who do I send it to? ;)

Robbin Sund
#7 - 2013-08-21 07:24:45 UTC
William Walker wrote:
Get a couple rifters or thrashers and go to town. By town I mean low or even nullsec. We can't give you goals, you have to find them yourself. Also you can DEFINITELY afford PI. Get into that asap.

Ofcourse you cant give me goals, but you can give me friendly tips of possible things to do. ;) thats what I really ment there.

IE "flying logistics solo in nullsec for ratting might not be a good idea"
or "ever heard of scamming?"

I can afford PI?
better load up that old guide I saved somewhere, ISK the guide, if they havnt changed PI to much.

William Walker
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#8 - 2013-08-21 07:32:45 UTC
Robbin Sund wrote:
I can afford PI?
better load up that old guide I saved somewhere, ISK the guide, if they havnt changed PI to much.

Totally. Low setup costs, you have enough money to afford it, I am sure. If you have other toons on your account you can train up their PI for a few days and have the, help out. Then you can even do P3 or P4 PI production, which gives you more dosh. You might need to train up cloaky transports. It can be high volume stuff and lowsec planets are more efficient than highsec.

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Robbin Sund
#9 - 2013-08-21 07:43:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Robbin Sund
William Walker wrote:
Robbin Sund wrote:
I can afford PI?

Totally. Low setup costs, you have enough money to afford it, I am sure. If you have other toons on your account you can train up their PI for a few days and have the, help out. Then you can even do P3 or P4 PI production, which gives you more dosh. You might need to train up cloaky transports. It can be high volume stuff and lowsec planets are more efficient than highsec.

EDIT:
Noticed you answerd the trainingtime right now, sorry.

Might need to pay for dual-training then, will look that up.
Might start setting it up in highsec to figure it out instead of dropping hot and confusing.

Thanks for the tip, will check how much it cost to have alt-training enabled.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-08-21 08:15:16 UTC
Start instapopping gankers' scanning frigates who sit around gates safely.
It's start. Can also gank tornados at gates who wait for victims.

You'll do the community a favour. Casual gankers have no natural enemy and they
don't really provide any content.

Also, what the other guy says. You are always ready to start learning ship combat.
Having better skills doesn't help you if you have no clue.
Robbin Sund
#11 - 2013-08-21 08:53:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Robbin Sund
Solstice Project wrote:

Also, what the other guy says. You are always ready to start learning ship combat.

Will give it a shot, but popping them, dont that lower my standing?
Are we talking those who sit in highsec or lowsec side of the gate and scan?

The standing is an issue with me for pvp, dont want to get stuck for a long time in lowsec.
Yeah well I can always fly down there and learn, but that cant be to much learning if I die within 2-3 shots, thats what I thought. :)
Will try to see if I can fit a vexor or anythign cheaperx10 and fly to my doom a few times. ;D

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-08-21 10:08:21 UTC
Robbin Sund wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Will give it a shot, but popping them, dont that lower my standing?
Are we talking those who sit in highsec or lowsec side of the gate and scan?

The standing is an issue with me for pvp, dont want to get stuck for a long time in lowsec.
Yeah well I can always fly down there and learn, but that cant be to much learning if I die within 2-3 shots, thats what I thought. :)
Will try to see if I can fit a vexor or anythign cheaperx10 and fly to my doom a few times. ;D

The secloss isn't really an issue if you have a mate to grab the loot of the hauler.
The money you make can be spent on security tags,
or you just live as outlaw in highsec, which is fun.

Unless you do it like most people and just hide in station all day.

If your secrange is in between 0.5 and -0.5,
you'll only lose around 0.1 per gank, if you're in systems between 0.7 and 0.5.
That's my experience from it. It's not that bad.
Just the killrights might be troublesome for you.

Being -5 is like being at war with everybody,
with the downside that you can't legally shoot first.
Sin Pew
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-08-21 11:00:27 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Maybe not legally, but still can Big smile
So how's it going these days? back in Hek it seems?

[i]"haiku are easy, But sometimes they don't make sense, Refrigerator."[/i]

Robbin Sund
#14 - 2013-08-21 12:48:46 UTC
William Walker wrote:
Robbin Sund wrote:
I can afford PI?

Hm my friend I just recruitet started reading up on PI, technically you can do PI without even any trained skill. :)
Think he got hooked to the tips, and I will be sure to look it up.
+1 and a big thanks.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-08-21 12:54:05 UTC
Sin Pew wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Maybe not legally, but still can Big smile
So how's it going these days? back in Hek it seems?

Oh yes, i am! :D
Finally found some geniuses wardeccing me (they use neutral reppers all day)
and i instantly turned it mutual. :D

I love how the CEO said "have fun in noobcorp",
not quite realising my response: "dude, i made it mutual!" XD