These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Pirates not getting flaged

First post
Author
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#21 - 2013-08-20 07:49:03 UTC
Now that we've all enjoyed the fairytale, tell us all about how he stole from your wreck and you attacked him, biting off more than you could chew.
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#22 - 2013-08-20 08:14:38 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Now that we've all enjoyed the fairytale, tell us all about how he stole from your wreck and you attacked him, biting off more than you could chew.
... and the pirate tried to ransom his pod while our hero was the one doing the badmouthing. Lol

Who put the goat in there?

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#23 - 2013-08-20 09:19:46 UTC
He was flagged
Which is how you shot him
Which is how YOU got flagged

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-08-20 10:46:35 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:

You make it sound like it's a bad thing, which is only the case if you fly a ship you can't afford to lose. If you can afford to lose the ship the only sane thing to do, is shot at anything that blinks.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#25 - 2013-08-20 20:06:20 UTC
Ah yes aggro fu.

It's like at a convention once when a guy was getting into peoples faces, and if someone gave him the treatment back, he ran off and came back with a cop. People were shaking with rage and getting ready to kill him.

Certainly Eve's Aggro Fu mechanics are going to have people subbing in droves.

My only wish is that people would not leave the game and instead take it out on nullsec where there's way more butthurt potential and aggro fu is irrelevant. And leave the fake PVPers behind to rage about the safety button.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#26 - 2013-08-20 20:43:43 UTC
An interesting tale to be sure.

I just wish the OP had given us the whole story, because there are far too many details left out for this story to be legit as posted.

Ill get you for salvaging my stuffs ebil piwate! pew pew pew! Oh noes! My shipz has been blowed up by some meany named CONCORD! Oh noes! Wwwats a limited engagement timer?1?1 The ebil piwate has my poddy skwammed now! oh noes! Foot stampy cry run to GD.

Im guessing something like that.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#27 - 2013-08-20 21:13:29 UTC
Thorn Galen wrote:
shawn Inkura wrote:
im copnfused a little and was wondering why this happed if this is posted in the wrong spot pls tell me the correct place to put this but here it is.

I was flying a mission in high sce 1.0 space and had just completeed most of the objectives just had to pick up the cargo and head back to turn it in when someone warped in and took the mission cargo. When i asked him to give it back so i could complete my mission he turnd around and blew me up. I'm ok with dieing it eve I reialise this but after he killd me in 1.0 space no action was takken against him by concord for aggresion in highsec. He sat over my pod for almost a half hour with me warp scramd and just bad mouthed me.

so now that ive told about what happed am i to believe that this is what is intended for gameplay for new players or did the system just bug out in his favor...just wondering thank you veary much.

Dude, sorry to tell you this but, you screwed-up. The only way the pirate could shoot at you without Concord intervening was for you to have aggressed him first in some way. Whether it was from you taking loot from a can he has already taken stuff from, or you redboxed him and somehow attacked first.

Also, post with your main.

Wardec?
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#28 - 2013-08-20 21:50:25 UTC
dexington wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:

You make it sound like it's a bad thing, which is only the case if you fly a ship you can't afford to lose. If you can afford to lose the ship the only sane thing to do, is shot at anything that blinks.

It's not a bad thing. Coming in here with fairytales about how you were attacked by the one guy in all of EVE who is immune to CONCORD intervention is a bad thing. It means you're either full of crap, or don't have your facts straight.

My actual money is on OP needing to un-**** his overview, and read up on can flipping.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#29 - 2013-08-20 23:08:27 UTC
Did someone steal your fingers you sub literate publord?
MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#30 - 2013-08-20 23:22:05 UTC
Sounds dirty...I'd like to be flaged more often.

I am not Prencleeve Grothsmore.

Kat Bandeis
Trinity Industries Corp.
#31 - 2013-08-20 23:25:31 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Did someone steal your fingers you sub literate publord?

Wow... "Pot, this is Kettle!"
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#32 - 2013-08-21 00:09:43 UTC
It amazes me how people can be so adamant that he made a mistake...

I mean CCP never has bugs right? Roll

He probably did aggro, but there have been other reports of people dying to pirates in highsec, and concord never coming. So assuming he made a noob mistake is not a concrete choice.

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#33 - 2013-08-21 00:19:55 UTC
The next time someone steals from your can, and then kindly offers to jettison the item so you can pick it back up, just... say... NO!

Unless he releases it and it turns blue, then say thank you. Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#34 - 2013-08-21 09:09:19 UTC
shawn Inkura wrote:
im copnfused a little and was wondering why this happed if this is posted in the wrong spot pls tell me the correct place to put this but here it is.

I was flying a mission in high sce 1.0 space and had just completeed most of the objectives just had to pick up the cargo and head back to turn it in when someone warped in and took the mission cargo. When i asked him to give it back so i could complete my mission he turnd around and blew me up. I'm ok with dieing it eve I reialise this but after he killd me in 1.0 space no action was takken against him by concord for aggresion in highsec. He sat over my pod for almost a half hour with me warp scramd and just bad mouthed me.

so now that ive told about what happed am i to believe that this is what is intended for gameplay for new players or did the system just bug out in his favor...just wondering thank you veary much.

You aggro'd him in some way. Very possibly you had drones out and they auto-aggressed him when he flagged himself to you by looting the container. Once you aggressed him, you were fair game to be shot.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#35 - 2013-08-21 09:10:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
It amazes me how people can be so adamant that he made a mistake...

I mean CCP never has bugs right? Roll

He probably did aggro, but there have been other reports of people dying to pirates in highsec, and concord never coming. So assuming he made a noob mistake is not a concrete choice.

Well put it this way: if you had a chance to bet money on the facts, what would you choose?

To put it another way: what odds would I have to offer you that he didn't aggress before you'd take the bet?

EDIT: Or he was wardecced. But this is pretty unlikely as WTs wouldn't bother with stealing the mission item.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#36 - 2013-08-21 09:14:46 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Ah yes aggro fu.

It's like at a convention once when a guy was getting into peoples faces, and if someone gave him the treatment back, he ran off and came back with a cop. People were shaking with rage and getting ready to kill him.

Certainly Eve's Aggro Fu mechanics are going to have people subbing in droves.

Yes after 10 years of growth, this is finally the year that non consensual PvP will damage EVE.

Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
My only wish is that people would not leave the game and instead take it out on nullsec where there's way more butthurt potential and aggro fu is irrelevant. And leave the fake PVPers behind to rage about the safety button.

Are you seriously trying to assert that aggro plays no part in 0.0 PvP?

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

seth Hendar
I love you miners
#37 - 2013-08-21 10:07:28 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
dexington wrote:
Zappity wrote:
Your safety should be set to green if you don't know what you are doing.

Don't you know the old saying: "once you go red, you never go back"...

Much can be learned from loosing a ship, the green button will just hold you back and turn you into another hi-sec slave.

Much can be learned from loosing a ship..

loosing a ship..

Straight

yeah, it's a minmatar skill, require "duckt tape management V"
Previous page12