These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PI routing question

Author
Kerono Thalmor
Band of Buggered
#1 - 2013-08-20 03:27:35 UTC
Hey guys,
In context of Planetary Industry, when I route materials from an extractor to a processor through a storage facility, if the processor is full do the excess materials get stored as a buffer automatically?

█░█░███░███░█░█

███░░█░░██░░█░█

█░█░░█░░█░░░███

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#2 - 2013-08-20 03:59:06 UTC
Kerono Thalmor
Band of Buggered
#3 - 2013-08-20 04:04:14 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=269357&find=unread

Ah, thank you. :)

█░█░███░███░█░█

███░░█░░██░░█░█

█░█░░█░░█░░░███

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#4 - 2013-08-20 05:34:12 UTC
Personally I'd just state: all routes should begin or end on storage, but not both (unless you intend to do manually move stuff between storage).

This avoids a loss of materials (buffer) as well as a loss of manufacturing time (synchronization).
Styth spiting
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-08-21 04:19:06 UTC
Kerono Thalmor wrote:
Hey guys,
In context of Planetary Industry, when I route materials from an extractor to a processor through a storage facility, if the processor is full do the excess materials get stored as a buffer automatically?

Items need to be routed TO the storage / launch pad and then be routed FROM the launch pad to the factory.

Extractor control unit -> storage <- factory -> storage <- advanced factory - > storage.

Everything is always routed to storage.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#6 - 2013-08-25 12:25:39 UTC
Styth spiting wrote:

That's funny because I only have Launchpads and never Storage and it's perfectly fine. For 3 + years running now.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Termy Rockling
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-08-25 15:08:20 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Styth spiting wrote:

That's funny because I only have Launchpads and never Storage and it's perfectly fine. For 3 + years running now.

Launchpads have 10000m3 of storage, silos werent mentioned Roll
Styth spiting
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-08-25 16:20:17 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Styth spiting wrote:

I said storage not storage facility. You can use a launch pad, storage facility and command center to buffer mat routing to factories. Each of these structures can be used FOR storage, which is why everyone else refers to them as storage.
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#9 - 2013-08-25 18:40:12 UTC
I like to use the storage facility as a buffer for the basic goo and the T1 excess off each planet. I use the launchpad to store the finished T2 products so I can keep a buffer in the storage facility so the factories don't shut down if I don't hop on the game for a couple days.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Styth spiting
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-08-25 19:04:14 UTC
Hopelesshobo wrote:
I like to use the storage facility as a buffer for the basic goo and the T1 excess off each planet. I use the launchpad to store the finished T2 products so I can keep a buffer in the storage facility so the factories don't shut down if I don't hop on the game for a couple days.

I use storage fac's on factory planets to hold the various mats for P4 manufacturing. For the basic P4's that use 2 P3's and 1 P1 I store the P1 mat in a storage fac as well as the finished P4. With the more complicated P4's the storage fac stores the stockpiles of P3's since P1 to P4 factory planets require switching between P3 products.

On extraction planets that are used for making P2 materials I'll use a storage fac to route P0 from my ECU as well as hold the P1 mats that I am not extracting. The launch pad holds the P2 mats and the P1 that I am currently extracting.

And my WH extraction planets all use storage facs since some characters only make it back to the WH once every week and doesn't require me to strop extracting when the launch pad is full.