These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The Great Ice Mining Interdiction: Not so Great

First post
Author
Ludi Burek
The Player Haters Corp
#41 - 2013-08-19 08:31:03 UTC
I beg to differ. Suicide ganking is quiet honourable and of immense benefit to eve.

To take it a step further, ganking of ice miners is most honourable of all ganking and especially that of scum Caldari ice miners. Gankers are comparable to Zemnar.
Gealbhan
Temeraria Praedonum
Catastrophic Diplomacy
#42 - 2013-08-19 08:45:10 UTC
I don't normally mine ice but when I do, it goes in my whisky Arrow
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#43 - 2013-08-19 08:45:38 UTC
A bit dissapointed ! Not the chaos that I expected.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#44 - 2013-08-19 08:48:06 UTC
We arn't even past day one.
Logical Chaos
Resilience.
DARKNESS.
#45 - 2013-08-19 09:39:44 UTC
Eram Fidard wrote:
You're assuming that ice is actually moving at the increased prices. No trade volume = no profit.


There is probably no other product where people will still buy at a much higher price than ice. POS going offline? Hell No. Not jumping your Cap? Yeah sure.
Shasz
Angels of Anarchy
#46 - 2013-08-19 15:05:16 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
We arn't even past day one.


Having a ball with this ice interdiction thing, I look forward to more.

You might pass it down the line to the FCs of the bigger ganks to have the fleet turn off auto-target-back. The last thing you want to have happen is some guy with his guns primed accidentally lock that Ishtar that pre-locked him and blow his wad early.



baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#47 - 2013-08-19 15:11:17 UTC
Shasz wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
We arn't even past day one.


Having a ball with this ice interdiction thing, I look forward to more.

You might pass it down the line to the FCs of the bigger ganks to have the fleet turn off auto-target-back. The last thing you want to have happen is some guy with his guns primed accidentally lock that Ishtar that pre-locked him and blow his wad early.





Sounds like fun, why would I not let them do that?
Arduemont
The State of War.
#48 - 2013-08-19 15:38:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Quote:
Lt Manshield wrote:
Arduemont wrote:


Lowest? Ha, gate camp says hi.


Yea, not so much. Gate camping may be pretty low on the list, but nowhere near suicide ganking. At least gate campers take the risk of people being able to PvP them back, and kill people who are mostly at their keyboard.



I'm sorry, did we hurt your e-honoure ~ ?


You mistake me. Gate campers are my prey of choice. Hence, why I like them better than suicide gankers. Although it has to be said, I am a little insulted that you thought I was a gate camper.

Tippia wrote:
It's not as if gank victims can't PvP the gankers right back and be at their keyboards.


I very rarely disagree with you Tippia, but here I have to. In the vast majority of cases, you don't have time to shoot a suicide ganker back, and even if you did it wouldn't help. If a decent group of suicide gankers wants one of your ships dead there is literally nothing you can do about it. It is the only area in Eve where someone gets to PvP risk free.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Ekhss Nihilo
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#49 - 2013-08-19 17:05:16 UTC
Gealbhan wrote:
I don't normally mine ice but when I do, it goes in my whisky Arrow

Ice in a good single malt == sacrilege! Just a wee splash of water to open it up.

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius (AD 121-180)

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2013-08-19 18:08:53 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
If a decent group of suicide gankers wants one of your ships dead there is literally nothing you can do about it. It is the only area in Eve where someone gets to PvP risk free.


Except for that whole part where they lose their ships to CONCORD. Roll

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#51 - 2013-08-19 18:21:49 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Arduemont wrote:
If a decent group of suicide gankers wants one of your ships dead there is literally nothing you can do about it. It is the only area in Eve where someone gets to PvP risk free.


Except for that whole part where they lose their ships to CONCORD. Roll


If you wish to make people understand that, you are in for a hell of a long time arguing before anyone agree to that.
E-2C Hawkeye
State War Academy
Caldari State
#52 - 2013-08-19 18:31:41 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:
Hey OP... instead of whining because people aren't killing them, you grow some balls and you and your friends do the killing. Or aren't you man enough? Blink

ugggh lol yea bc killing miners is REAL pvp.
Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#53 - 2013-08-19 18:35:51 UTC
Arduemont wrote:

I very rarely disagree with you Tippia, but here I have to. In the vast majority of cases, you don't have time to shoot a suicide ganker back, and even if you did it wouldn't help. If a decent group of suicide gankers wants one of your ships dead there is literally nothing you can do about it. It is the only area in Eve where someone gets to PvP risk free.

Never seen someone warp in to rain on the ganker's parade? Seen the looter caught by an interceptor? Seen the pods caught?

You are risking that the gank will fail. You are risking the loot ship. You are risking the pod. You are at the mercy of the loot fairy to brake even, let alone make profit.

I know a group of people that get kicks from popping cats mid gank. Read: try to kill the cat(s) to save the barge, not whoring on a concord mail. Then trying to catch the looter/pods. Then ask the barge for a donation if it lived. Then gank it themselves if the pilot is an exceptional ass and deserved it.

It's funny how often a ganker will warp the pod to a safe spot and afk, oblivious to probes. The most entertaining part of the process is that they sometimes produce some good tears, not unlike the miners themselves. I guess clone costs add up when you don't use a throwaway alt.

Risk free? No more so than jumping in a blank clone and 100 mil throwaway ship and heading out on a solo roam. If anything, of the two, ganking is the one that is more prone to unexpected results. Leading to losing more than you intended. ie: Risk.

You're looking at ganking as "Ganker vs Victim" pvp. Not "Ganker vs ~Players~". From the Orca with resist boosts, to the scythes/blackbirds I've occasionally seen hang out in belts, to people as above who find screwing with others to be an entertaining pastime.

As Tippia said, they have every opportunity to be at the keyboard and fight back. That statement just means more than "Auto-target-back and F1".

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#54 - 2013-08-19 18:43:04 UTC
Altrue wrote:
A bit dissapointed ! Not the chaos that I expected.


Various killboards offer quite a different angle on the whole issue, here in the opening hours of what will likely be (at least) a month of gratuitous carnage. Pirate


"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#55 - 2013-08-19 19:22:42 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
I very rarely disagree with you Tippia, but here I have to. In the vast majority of cases, you don't have time to shoot a suicide ganker back, and even if you did it wouldn't help. If a decent group of suicide gankers wants one of your ships dead there is literally nothing you can do about it. It is the only area in Eve where someone gets to PvP risk free.


"it's risk free because I say it is"

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Grimpak
Manufactorum.
#56 - 2013-08-19 19:27:41 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
I Love Boobies wrote:
Hey OP... instead of whining because people aren't killing them, you grow some balls and you and your friends do the killing. Or aren't you man enough? Blink

ugggh lol yea bc killing miners is REAL pvp.

dude, even the forums are pvp grounds in this game.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#57 - 2013-08-19 20:13:31 UTC
Grimpak wrote:

dude, even the forums are pvp grounds in this game.

Sometimes your contest against other players starts at the character selection screen, should you log out in a certain system.

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Psychedelic Faynin
Doomheim
#58 - 2013-08-19 20:45:38 UTC
Goons were getting spanked.

They refused to come up to the ice belts after a while.

L O S E R S
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#59 - 2013-08-19 20:51:17 UTC
Psychedelic Faynin wrote:
Goons were getting spanked.

They refused to come up to the ice belts after a while.

L O S E R S


look at you talking trash hiding behind an npc alt

lol

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Psychedelic Faynin
Doomheim
#60 - 2013-08-19 21:04:03 UTC
Andski wrote:
Psychedelic Faynin wrote:
Goons were getting spanked.

They refused to come up to the ice belts after a while.

L O S E R S


look at you talking trash hiding behind an npc alt

lol


Sorry, this is my main lamer. I was up in Osmon most of the weekend along with you goonpussies. Just ask the ones that were there.