These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Battleships scan resolution can be boosted

Author
Sphit Ker
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2011-11-12 13:51:07 UTC
It seam their low scan res is a relic of days long past. It's dumb to have 16 sec lock time on a frigate when it can align and warp off in only 3 or burn ~50 km in that time.

just saying.

It knows what you think.

General Paul
Ronin Cartel
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#2 - 2011-11-12 14:54:03 UTC
working as intended.
Duchess Starbuckington
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-11-12 14:55:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Duchess Starbuckington
Your point being?
Lower scan resolution (and mobility) is the tradeoff for flying a larger ship.

I suppose next you'll be complaining that frigates have lower EHP?
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#4 - 2011-11-12 15:06:09 UTC
Duchess Starbuckington wrote:
Your point being?
Lower scan resolution (and mobility) is the tradeoff for flying a larger ship.

I suppose next you'll be complaining that frigates have lower EHP?

Scan resolution of carriers and supercaps is to be tuned down then, too. At the moment it's way too good for such a huge size.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

Marz Ghola
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2011-11-12 22:37:17 UTC

poasting in a sh!t poast

i too cry about my favorite ship type not being able to roast all-comers all the timeCry
Sphit Ker
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2011-11-13 13:41:38 UTC
Nice. Silly little head of yours managed to figure out some whining in my post.

Can't roast when you can't track so what if BS could lock on things a little faster? Hell many cruisers can't lock on frigs fast enough anyway so what's the point with the BS scan res being so low anyway? Working as intended from back in 2004, maybe. You know, when large turrets also had the best tracking and all that good stuff. It was needed then. Now we have tracking and signature resolution to deal with.

BS scan res does not need to be like that anymore.

It knows what you think.

Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#7 - 2011-11-13 15:42:40 UTC
mabye be a idea for a new t2 battleship tho based ont he teir 3 models, fast locking battleship with low sig but with damage or rof penlty. or gief it plently of cpu but low pg
Alara IonStorm
#8 - 2011-11-13 15:54:13 UTC
I think they could use a small increase. They currently have 1/2 to a 3rd that of a Battlecruiser.

A good 15-20% Boost would give them a bit more of a chance to lock a BC without being a major threat to smaller Cruisers, Destroyers and Frigates.
Cedo Nulli
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2011-11-13 16:59:59 UTC
Have to agree that scan resolution as a mechanic is dumb as hell ... but its just one of these artificial gamerules that make it "balanced"

Still the idea of bigger ships having worse electronics capabilities then small ones is quite wierd. Its like 10m sailboat having better electronics then a goddam aircraft carrier. But its a game so there will allways be dumb stuff like this.
Roosterton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2011-11-13 19:49:24 UTC
Hint: Don't fire at frigates with your battleship?

Just because they're big, does not mean that BS should be able to wtfsolopwn smaller things. This is as it should be.