These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Aaaaand... IT'S GONE!] 5B bond (1B collateral) 10-13% interest monthly

Author
Shizu Eisenkreuz
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2013-08-17 15:41:05 UTC
Well done.
You could have used this loan as a base for a more profifable scam in the future, but I guess it's a huge success for a peasant.

Good job anyway.
arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#82 - 2013-08-17 15:45:07 UTC
Shizu Eisenkreuz wrote:
Well done.
You could have used this loan as a base for a more profifable scam in the future, but I guess it's a huge success for a peasant.

Good job anyway.

Are you kiddng? history (and in this game specifically) proves that a man most likely cash out early rather than wait for future huge income :)
Human nature.

Troll for hire. Cheap prices.

flakeys
Doomheim
#83 - 2013-08-17 15:52:31 UTC
arabella blood wrote:
Shizu Eisenkreuz wrote:
Well done.

Good job anyway.

Are you kiddng? history (and in this game specifically) proves that a man most likely cash out early rather than wait for future huge income :)
Human nature.

Bobby could give some classes about that ? ....

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#84 - 2013-08-17 16:05:57 UTC
Shizu Eisenkreuz wrote:
EDIT: to the french guy

So I'm not legit because I'm in a NPC corp?
Would take what? Two minutes to check my forum history?
No wait...maybe the OP created a two years backstory of alts to support his ambitious plan to get OMGFIVEBILLIONS.
Wasn't this supposed to be the 'smart boys' section of the forum?

To make it perfectly clear. I know this is far from a safe investment. And probably the other investors know it too, even without the incredibly smart warnings of you incredibly smart people.

It stopped to be the "smart boys" forum a while ago.
The smart boys took a 850B, super low interest investment.

The rich met the experienced. The rich earned experience, the experienced earned their money.
arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#85 - 2013-08-17 17:55:15 UTC
flakeys wrote:
arabella blood wrote:
Shizu Eisenkreuz wrote:
Well done.

Good job anyway.

Human nature.

Can't blame the flock for running in one direction...

flakeys
Doomheim
#86 - 2013-08-17 18:03:15 UTC
arabella blood wrote:
flakeys wrote:
arabella blood wrote:
Shizu Eisenkreuz wrote:
Well done.

Good job anyway.

Human nature.

Can't blame the flock for running in one direction...

No i'm serious ... haven't seen a ''working up your scams'' service on WTS ever .I think there's a good possibility he could fill that void.

Offcourse with a deposit up front .

arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#87 - 2013-08-17 18:09:47 UTC
flakeys wrote:

No i'm serious ... haven't seen a ''working up your scams'' service on WTS ever .I think there's a good possibility he could fill that void.

Offcourse with a deposit up front .

It looks like today we still put ourself in the same situations. We don't need help from people to fall into same scams.

Donating to MinerBumping is 95% not a great idea...same as donating to a brilliant story in this thread...

Im sure my time will come too, and i will be scammed like the last idiot on earth, til then i will keep my nose up Big smile

Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#88 - 2013-08-17 19:47:19 UTC
I don't think you are going to see many long con scams in MD now. The effort involved in capturing the small amount of isk available for uncollateralised loans just doesn't justify it.

It's far easier just to infiltrate a corp and clear it out.
flakeys
Doomheim
#89 - 2013-08-17 20:10:48 UTC
Bad Bobby wrote:
I don't think you are going to see many long con scams in MD now. The effort involved in capturing the small amount of isk available for uncollateralised loans just doesn't justify it.

It's far easier just to infiltrate a corp and clear it out.

Yeah i tried that and 11 days later the Alliance died without me being able to work my way upwards beyond being the toilet lady.

No worries , i'll be going for my second try in a few days.This time i will succeed muahahaaaaa ...

Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#90 - 2013-08-18 18:34:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Admiral PizzaRoll
Shizu Eisenkreuz wrote:
Well done.

Good job anyway.

Too much effort. If I wasn't determined to make twice as much as I made from my first bond scam, I would have cut and run after the first month.

I consider 6b profit from a single bond scam on a character with no rep and no previous bonds a pretty big success. And the ISK/hour from this scam is good no matter who you are.

It's much funnier when you consider how obviously bad this investment was. I should not have had a single investor other than Blueprint Seller, who took out the collateralized portion of it. He actually turned a profit on this (probably more than the 10% that was promised to him).
The Greenmachine Greenmachine
Green's Bicycle Shop
#91 - 2013-08-19 00:45:09 UTC
I always love how after a scam is done people always try to explain why it is only chunk change to them.
okoolos rimmer
Napkin Nation
#92 - 2013-08-19 02:03:13 UTC  |  Edited by: okoolos rimmer
Well definetly not chump change to me. Consider me schooled.

I guess my involvement here in MD came to an abrupt and painful end lol.

It was pleasure folks. Well most of the time.
Candy Oshea
Techfree Investment Group
#93 - 2013-08-19 10:12:05 UTC
inconceivable.

iCandy  - I have accidently swallowed some Scrabble tiles, my next shit could spell disaster!

flakeys
Doomheim
#94 - 2013-08-19 12:02:23 UTC
okoolos rimmer wrote:

Quitting after one hit mate?

Seems we are not so much alike in investments as i thought Blink

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#95 - 2013-08-19 16:26:12 UTC
flakeys wrote:
okoolos rimmer wrote:

Quitting after one hit mate?

Seems we are not so much alike in investments as i thought Blink

It was probably less to do with the loss, and more to do with the following quote:
okoolos rimmer wrote:
Since we seem to have a panel of vocal experts here ...(or armchair quarterbacks lol) what kind of due dilligence should the investors have done lol?

Like I stated in my previous post the op seems to have a semi coherent plan, at least some collateral (i.e is not peniless), the char is "oldish" and took the trouble of updating this thread with loan progress.

At the end of the day, yes it's a risk, but a calculated one.

The dice comparisons make no sense, in this situation we have only have 2 possible outcomes not 6.

From a statistical point of view you look at the odds AND the possible payoff/loss.If payoff is high enough, long odds are just fine.
(I suggest looking up the concept of Expected Value in wikipedia)

Getting rammed after that is pretty spectacular.
Okoolos though man, sorry about the loss. You can make it back though.
One piece of advice I would give, is don't loan out more uncollateralised than you would consider chump change. So if to you, 500m is chump change, then let you maximum uncollaterlised portion be 500m.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#96 - 2013-08-19 16:32:28 UTC
@ okoolos rimmer - Im an ******* and even i agree, its no time to step down now, its revenge time :)

The Greenmachine Greenmachine
Green's Bicycle Shop
#97 - 2013-08-19 17:56:58 UTC
Who doesn't love revenge? Even if you can find where he character is (that probably never undocks) you can convo spam him forever!!
flakeys
Doomheim
#98 - 2013-08-19 21:58:35 UTC  |  Edited by: flakeys
The Greenmachine Greenmachine wrote:
Who doesn't love revenge? Even if you can find where he character is (that probably never undocks) you can convo spam him forever!!

I have allways found my revenge in making my isk grow.

It's a stupid thing but every time i had stopped doing trade because of a burnout etc. the only reason i picked it up again was because someone somewhere in eve ****** me over iskwise.

Payback is hard in eve with the alts, but if anything a loss is the best motivation to **** your wallet with iskflowBlink .Hell , at a certain point it is the only motivation.

If you need some help with anything okoolos gimme a shout and i'll see what i can do ... and no i don't mean loaning out isk Lol.

Tecliso Avelon
Emperor Industries
#99 - 2013-08-19 22:19:21 UTC
Checking the forums every day. 5 minutes.
Keeping up with this thread. 10 minutes.
Seeing a scam unfold. Priceless
Admiral PizzaRoll
Krull Serenity
#100 - 2013-08-19 23:43:08 UTC
The Greenmachine Greenmachine wrote:

PizzaRoll undocks. Now that his mining corp and bond shenanigans are over, he will be undocking even more to fulfill his new role. Should be fun.