These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

50 + fittings

First post
Author
Marcus Wilde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2011-11-01 11:03:47 UTC
Bumping back up to the top!

Deleting older fittings in order to make room for new ones, has been doing my head in lately!

Tears + Bucket = Win

big miker
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#82 - 2011-11-01 12:34:34 UTC
Just been on the test server, winter release version. Seems like we're now able to save 100 ship fittings =]
zzzczyzoznzoz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#83 - 2011-11-03 18:31:26 UTC
200-300 would be awsome then i could bring back all my saved fittings and still have room to play with more

ps BUMP BK TO TOP
BLACK-STAR
#84 - 2011-11-05 22:37:47 UTC
so reporting back from sisi it appears CCP increased fittings to one hundred.

That's really generous and all...

but please CCP, be out going and just grant us a full featured unrestricted utility. I guess, whoever is making these fitting restrictions is a sole person. Or a unanimous conscious decision from everyone at CCP (I think that's probably not the case).

You might aswell put a calculator tool restriction and decrease the number of numerals that appear calculated. It might break something down the road.

Buzzmong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2011-11-06 00:53:08 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:

but please CCP, be out going and just grant us a full featured unrestricted utility. I guess, whoever is making these fitting restrictions is a sole person. Or a unanimous conscious decision from everyone at CCP (I think that's probably not the case).

You might aswell put a calculator tool restriction and decrease the number of numerals that appear calculated. It might break something down the road.

Tuxford has already explained why you can't have unlimited fittings (another CCP staffer explained it aaagges ago when the 50 limit was imposed) and that's down to DB size and network traffic.

If you want it server side and that they're available if you access Eve from a different computer, you're having a limit. Period.

If you want unlimited fittings, it'll be client side and local to your machine only.
BLACK-STAR
#86 - 2011-11-06 01:50:48 UTC  |  Edited by: BLACK-STAR
Buzzmong wrote:

If you want unlimited fittings, it'll be client side and local to your machine only.

EXACTLY. Local it, I don't care. CCP can fix by "pushing the envelope". I already explained how it's easy to accomplish and two ways it can be done.

I don't care either about NET difficulties, that can be achieved with CCP as they're committed. it's a fitting tool for convenience recalling smaller info than a full size note.

I respect time and time again they dish an excuse. Out of the blue, CCP NERFing the tool in the first place for no given reason, I guess you invite feedback from community when you play with fire.

Such an honest simple task to accomplish for any developer gaming company.

I seriously just want my fittings, not argue moan and cry about it. It couldn't be blatantly more obvious that vet players of the game need well over 100+ fits.

This I think is so far out overlooked and shouldn't be this way, this thread shouldn't exist. that bad decision shouldn't have been made. and Tuxford already forgotten about it.
bongpacks
Rules of Acquisition
#87 - 2011-11-06 04:23:59 UTC
I support this product and/or service.
Hamster Too
Golden Fowl
#88 - 2011-11-06 04:40:11 UTC
When I was on Sisi yesterday you could save 100 personal and 200 corporate fittings.
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2011-11-06 05:12:07 UTC
BLACK-STAR wrote:

CCP I reject your compromise and demand MORE.

zzzczyzoznzoz
Caldari State
#90 - 2011-11-12 14:18:34 UTC
bumpty bumpty back to the top

100 is still not enuff for fittings bring back client side unlimitedOops fitings
Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smilePirate
Hershman
Creepers Corporation
#91 - 2011-11-12 14:22:52 UTC
I mostly use 3rd party, rather than the in game fitting manager. RIght now 50 is fine. If I needed more, I wouldnt mind buying it through Nex if that's the way it goes

I play EVE every day! Follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/matthershman

zzzczyzoznzoz
Caldari State
#92 - 2011-11-12 14:27:29 UTC
Hershman wrote:
I mostly use 3rd party, rather than the in game fitting manager. RIght now 50 is fine. If I needed more, I wouldnt mind buying it through Nex if that's the way it goes

are you chicken oriental (mental) why should we pay the nex store for somthing that was the standard for 6+ years get bk in ya cave
Agonising Ecstacy
Chaos Army
#93 - 2011-11-12 16:30:11 UTC
zzzczyzoznzoz wrote:
Hershman wrote:

are you chicken oriental (mental) why should we pay the nex store for somthing that was the standard for 6+ years get bk in ya cave

You stewptid Krunt. If I wahunted unlerhimited fittungs Id yewse sunfik hexternul, like EFT. Hai wood mahutch rar-ver have a huntred futtinks stooried serbia syde, van hunlimited kliunt syde futtinks. Jew twaht. Git tha farck oot.