These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Anomolies and ice belts

Author
masterChang
Imperium Technologies
Sigma Grindset
#1 - 2013-08-17 04:56:13 UTC
I believe you guys should revert back to the old way of scanning systems down with probes to where only people who probe it themselves can find the sites. I think its unfair to those who spend their time to fit a ship and scan the system just to have someone else be able to just sweep by the site and reap the rewards.

Just saying.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#2 - 2013-08-17 05:07:56 UTC
Sooooo... you think competition is unfair?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#3 - 2013-08-17 05:49:22 UTC
Heres an amazing thing....
You still need probes to go to a signature.
So you have an advantage with probes.
Proklis
Argonautic Expedition
#4 - 2013-08-17 12:16:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Proklis
What they actually could do, is to leave current system as is and also make available the old system in a minor part.

For example, make available the "gravimetric" sites, by allowing a small number of them to spawn, let's say very roughly 3 - 5 as signatures randomly in every region. These sites will have better ore or ice as the current in the corresponding anomalies to compensate for their difficulty and time spent to pinpoint them.
masterChang
Imperium Technologies
Sigma Grindset
#5 - 2013-08-18 03:57:16 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:

*Facepalm*

No. What I'm saying is what is the point of turning ice belts into anomolies if once they're scanned down they're completely open to the public. And no you do not need probes to goto a signature that is at 100% btw.
Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
Republic Military Tax Avoiders
#6 - 2013-08-18 06:02:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirimeena D'Zbrkesbris
masterChang wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:

what is the point of turning ice belts into anomolies

finite supply and competition...

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

ELWhappo Sanchez
#7 - 2013-08-18 07:07:07 UTC
I think all mining sights should be random instead of static just like ice belts are now.
masterChang
Imperium Technologies
Sigma Grindset
#8 - 2013-08-19 05:22:52 UTC
Proklis wrote:
What they actually could do, is to leave current system as is and also make available the old system in a minor part.

For example, make available the "gravimetric" sites, by allowing a small number of them to spawn, let's say very roughly 3 - 5 as signatures randomly in every region. These sites will have better ore or ice as the current in the corresponding anomalies to compensate for their difficulty and time spent to pinpoint them.

I like this actually.
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-08-19 08:11:23 UTC
I miss the scannable mining sites also.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2013-08-19 12:54:17 UTC
masterChang wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:

*Facepalm*

No. What I'm saying is what is the point of turning ice belts into anomolies if once they're scanned down they're completely open to the public. And no you do not need probes to goto a signature that is at 100% btw.

So this is yet another whine thread about grav sites then?

Also, you do know that no-one needs to probe them down at all anymore, they just show up in your ship scanner regardless, right?

Also also, as a terrible prober and really lazy miner, I like the new system. Saves SO MUCH EFFORT.